Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing has thrown me for a loop, you just want to insult me in any way shape or form. I understand you may be unable to see where I am coming from, but you are beyond rude. Instead of having a decent conversation on a internet forum, you fell back to argue semantics and otherwise prove your opinion is worth more than my own.

I was being pretty civil there kiddo...I was just saying that just because you feel a word means something other than it's defined meaning doesn't make it accurate. I could wake up one day and decide that luke warm means scalding hot, and apply it to my conversations and daily life, but it doesn't make it accurate, and when someone corrects me, I should recognize the issue instead of getting defensive of such.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I was being pretty civil there kiddo...I was just saying that just because you feel a word means something other than it's defined meaning doesn't make it accurate. I could wake up one day and decide that luke warm means scalding hot, and apply it to my conversations and daily life, but it doesn't make it accurate, and when someone corrects me, I should recognize the issue instead of getting defensive of such.
K.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Here's your next "Billion" customers right here: IPhone 6 Preorders: China Set To Surpass US As Apple's Biggest Smartphone Market

Apple doesn't need to sell cheap iPhones to gain marketshare anymore than Mercedes-Benz needs to make cheap cars. Mercedes Sales Surge in China - 24/7 Wall St.

It's funny because one of the points people who believed Apple should make a cheap iPhone made was primarily to sell more in China once they started selling iPhones in China. It's apparent that they're cleaning the shelves of iPhone 6 and 6 Pluses not only in China but in the U.S. to send back to China for people who are willing to pay even more than what they retail for!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
What changed?

The bandwagon over at Samsung had lots of room. Some people are amazed with megapixels and ram etc etc uneducated at the fact that that don't mean anything. Apple runs smoother than touch wiz and only requires 1 gig of ram where as touch wiz is so loaded with bloat it needs 3. And I'll take 8 megapixels with high quality lenses then 16 mega pixels with decent lenses. But some people will never understand that. Apple is more premium now than they have ever been in comparison to other flag ships they are just doing it smart not trying to impress with large numbers in the spec sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
What changed?
I see iPhones everywhere now compared to let's say 4-5 years ago. I remember when the 4 came out in 2010. Now that was a luxury imo. A friend of mine was one of the first to get one and was constantly stopped in the street by strangers because they wanted to check it out as they where so rare to see. However now the are much more common. I wouldn't consider something so the to obtain nowadays as a luxury. Its like calling a pair of Beats as a luxury item. However I do see them as high quality, premium devices. But that's just my opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Carriers. All top 4 Carriers in US carries iPhone now. I never thought of the iPhone as luxury. Exclusive... yes. Never luxury.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It's funny that you say that when you go out of your way to have your Tapatalk signature show that you made the post with your GLAMOROUS iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I see iPhones everywhere now compared to let's say 4-5 years ago. I remember when the 4 came out in 2010. Now that was a luxury imo. A friend of mine was one of the first to get one and was constantly stopped in the street by strangers because they wanted to check it out as they where so rare to see. However now the are much more common. I wouldn't consider something so the to obtain nowadays as a luxury. Its like calling a pair of Beats as a luxury item. However I do see them as high quality, premium devices. But that's just my opinion.

So commonality removes a luxury label? Lexus is considered a luxury brand, but you see them literally everywhere...do you feel that the commonness of the Lexus brand makes it no longer a luxury brand? Why would Toyota retain it if that is true? How is it profitable for them if what you said is true? Why not just go buy a Camry or Corolla?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So commonality removes a luxury label? Lexus is considered a luxury brand, but you see them literally everywhere...do you feel that the commonness of the Lexus brand makes it no longer a luxury brand? Why would Toyota retain it if that is true? How is it profitable for them if what you said is true? Why not just go buy a Camry or Corolla?
Lexus is luxury because it is expensive than average cars. An iPhone is not more expensive than average high end devices smartphones.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lexus is luxury because it is expensive than average cars. An iPhone is not more expensive than average high end devices smartphones.

Actually, since you're not familiar with cars (as you admitted earlier in this thread), Lexus is on the cheaper side of the luxury car market...and most of their models undercut competing brands from Germany and Japan by 10-15% in MSRP.

Apple would actually be MORE of a luxury brand than Lexus if we went by your logic there because they maintain like pricing with competitive high end devices...where as Lexus undercuts for quantitive sales.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

So if their phones are selling by the millions at the expensive price they're at, what's the logic in having a cheaper one?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually, since you're not familiar with cars (as you admitted earlier in this thread), Lexus is on the cheaper side of the luxury car market...and most of their models undercut competing brands from Germany and Japan by 10-15% in MSRP.

My statement had nothing to do with that. I said it is more expensive than average cars and it is. Luxury is more expensive than most. The iPhone isn't.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So if their phones are selling by the millions at the expensive price they're at, what's the logic in having a cheaper one?
I never said they were expensive! Why is everyone taking words out of context!? I said they can expand into third world countries with a low cost iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal