Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The kid gave the officer a reason to shoot. It's plain and simple. I have enough faith in law enforcement that they're not waking up for work in the morning hoping to kill someone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And you don't think Wilson could have lied? There were what 40 witnesses or so, was everyone lying.

Then he will answer to a higher authority one day. As he exists in our society, he went through the proper process and was not found guilty of a crime, regardless of how much you FEEL he should have been.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Then he will answer to a higher authority one day. As he exists in our society, he went through the proper process and was not found guilty of a crime, regardless of how much you FEEL he should have been.

I have a feeling the the DOJ and Holder are going to find a way to hang him out to dry. That would be a travesty, IMO.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

April 5: More than 80 people were arrested during a street party near the University of California, Santa Barbara. Rowdy participants, who numbered about 15,000 at the height of the party, hurled bottles, rocks and bricks at police. In addition to the dozens of arrests, at least one person was stabbed and eight police officers were injured.

Do you feel these same folks can't conduct themselves or is it once again that systematic racism rearing its ugly head where whites are given the benefit of the doubt and blacks given nothing but doubt. Better question why is it the actions of some blacks become the narrative for all blacks. Why not the same extension for whites when it comes to "negative" behavior.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/list-of-recent-riots-in-the-us/njFkC/

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
April 5: More than 80 people were arrested during a street party near the University of California, Santa Barbara. Rowdy participants, who numbered about 15,000 at the height of the party, hurled bottles, rocks and bricks at police. In addition to the dozens of arrests, at least one person was stabbed and eight police officers were injured.

Do you feel these same folks can't conduct themselves or is it once again that systematic racism rearing its ugly head where whites are given the benefit of the doubt and blacks given nothing but doubt. Better question why is it the actions of some blacks become the narrative for all blacks. Why not the same extension for whites when it comes to "negative" behavior.

Why don't you respond to the one who said it? I just agreed with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/list-of-recent-riots-in-the-us/njFkC/

When did I defend white people?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

List of recent riots in the U.S. | www.ajc.com

You are implying that every situation that involves law enforcement in this nature is identical, and should be met with identical response. That is an absolutely ridiculous stance. Every situation is different in some way...most incidents are DRASTICALLY different in some way. This is why a "use of force continuum" exists.

67BakxU.png

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
And by the way, the same bias you think white police officers have against black people, the same could be said for black people in that neighborhood that have biases against white police officers. So, yeah. Maybe a lot of them are lying.

Think of the history of white cops and black people and get back to us.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You are implying that every situation that involves law enforcement in this nature is identical, and should be met with identical response. That is an absolutely ridiculous stance. Every situation is different in some way...most incidents are DRASTICALLY different in some way. This is why a "use of force continuum" exists.

http://i.imgur.com/67BakxU.png
So, by this model Brown was going to kill Wilson, so Wilson shot him 6 times for self defense?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Think of the history of white cops and black people and get back to us.
Who cares? I'm not asking why there is a bias.

So you're saying that because of history you're giving a pass to people who have a bias against white officers and may have lied under oath?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So, by this model Brown was going to kill Wilson, so Wilson shot him 6 times for self defense?

Did you see how big that kid was? He shot him because he kept on coming after him. He was much bigger and it was Wilson's defense. Yeah, get wrestled to the ground and let him take your gun.

Everyone is sorry that this happened. But the kid invoked it.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Who cares? I'm not asking why there is a bias.

So you're saying that because of history you're giving a pass to people who have a bias against white officers and may have lied under oath?

Yes. History plays a huge part as to why black people have a profound mistrust of white cops or cops in general.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Did you see how big that kid was? He shot him because he kept on coming after him. He was much bigger and it was Wilson's defense. Yeah, get wrestled to the ground and let him take your gun.

Everyone is sorry that this happened. But the kid invoked it.

That is the story Wilson gave, not the conclusive story that actually happened. And besides, just because someone is big, that excuses shooting them multiple times? I see this multiple times people trying to say "Brown was big etc.". That shouldn't factor into how someone (a cop) handles a situation.

People even tried to justify Eric Garner by saying they had to choke him because he was big, like that makes any sense.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
That is the story Wilson gave, not the conclusive story that actually happened. And besides, just because someone is big, that excuses shooting them multiple times? I see this multiple times people trying to say "Brown was big etc.". That shouldn't factor into how someone (a cop) handles a situation.

People even tried to justify Eric Garner by saying they had to choke him because he was big, like that makes any sense.

They are not the same incident. Brown wrestled for the gun, and later came at the officer. Clear threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR