Last Gen. Console

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a PS3 but sold it as I wasn't playing very often and used that money for a phone purchase that I no longer have. I'm now in the market for a console to quench my console football thirst and I was wondering which you'd recommend between a 360 and a PS3. Let me just say that I've had a few 360s before and they've all given me that dreaded ring of death. Got a PS3 after my last 360 episode and used it from 2009 to 2013 without issue. Are the newer 360's (360 E for example) better with regard to the ring of death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
360's don't really have rrod anymore. I've also had both consoles and I prefer Xbox live over psn. It really comes down to exclusive games. Xbox has things like Halo, Forza, etc. Playstation has the uncharted series etc, and the online is free as well which is a plus. It all comes down to personal preference but I prefer Xbox 360 for last Gen and Playstation 4 for next gen.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah. Exclusives don't really matter to me as I primarily play basketball and football games! I don't play online either. I always liked the slightly faster load times on 360. What storage capacity would you recommend? I only need enough to save game settings, rosters and dynasty/franchise. Plus, iirc, I can save to a flash drive.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The redesigned Xbox 360's were improved substantially, but they do still have some issues (particularly with drive failures). I had the shiny finish newer 360 and had a drive failure, then had it replaced by Microsoft with the matte finish one and have had that for years with no issue.

As far as preference between the two...I stick with Xbox primarily because that is where most of my family and friends play. I have a PS4 that I rarely use, and had a PS3 before but sold it some time ago because it never got used, not that there are any problems particularly with Playstation, I just don't have a lot of friends or family members who play games on it, so I never buy multi-platform games for them.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Ah. Exclusives don't really matter to me as I primarily play basketball and football games! I don't play online either. I always liked the slightly faster load times on 360. What storage capacity would you recommend? I only need enough to save game settings, rosters and dynasty/franchise. Plus, iirc, I can save to a flash drive.

Same here. Any storage capacity would do, I use two flash drives and I have full games on them and files from them. Walmart and Amazon have some good deals on 64 gig flash drives.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
yeah xboxes don't RR anymore. And i've had one red ring. My updated one has been fine for years. and it's not even the latest smaller case.

Regardless, i think you should get whatever most of your friends play. If you don't play with other people and are a solo player then i guess it's just a matter of preference, games, maybe the added features like does it have netflix, hbogo, blah blah blah. Good luck.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have both. I find myself playing my PS3 far more often than my 360. Why?

-Online is free.
-It also functions as my Blu Ray player.
-Because the games are written on Blu Ray, and Blu Ray is tougher to scratch than traditional DVD/CD, I can buy used games with more confidence that they will be completely readable/playable.
-Though it is totally a matter of personal preference, for most games, I prefer the ergonomics of the Playstation controller. The Xbox controller has far superior trigger control for games that use the full range of the rear triggers (gas and brake pedal control in racing games is a good example) but for most else, I find the PS3 controller more comfortable.

Any games available on both consoles, I usually buy for my PS3. My Xbox is pretty much used for exclusive games like Forza.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods