Destiny...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing it for about an hour now after some pretty irritating server issues...and I must say, after only an hour, this game is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm finding the way they have the menu system setup to be a bit weird though...having to blast to orbit to go to the next chapter or whatever is kind of redundant.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Waiting on my disc to come in the post! I really can't wait to start playing. I downloaded the Destiny app and ordered the strategy guide to see what it has to say and something to read.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sean gimme your opinion on the game so far, is it freaking epic like all the hype it's been building? I'm thinking of going to pick up the game today.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is my two cents of the game.

This game is just beautiful, the graphics and frame rate are adorable to say the least.

The game starts as a character you choose from the main menu.

A "ghost " revives you cause apparently you've been dead for a very long time then takes you to an abandoned ship to return to your base.

This game is a FPS which combines a 3rd person shooter when you leave missions and return to your base or ride on your bike.

In this game, You pick up loot and upgrade your armour, weapons and each character has there own special moves in combat..

I chose a warlock chick who looks bad *** lol.

You start on level 1 then slowly gain levels through killing bad guys whose levels and health are shown above there heads.

The graphics are next generation. Everything is well detailed and one of the coolest things is having the ability to travel in a futuristic bike whilst doing missions that are far from you in the land.

Your base consists of armour, gun upgrades. Messages ;( from your friends that have destiny), upgrades for your ship that travels to different stages and lots more.( I've only played for a few hours, not unlocked everything)

I'd give this game a solid 10/10. This is definitely the best shooter game I've played on ps4.

In case y'all wana know, I bought destiny from target for $67. It $100 on the playstation store and eb games. Use it to your advantage.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll start by saying that I am an AVID Halo fan. I have and love all of them. When they switched from Bungie to 343...a bit of soul died within the game, and I wondered for a long time if we would ever get a game like those that Bungie made again.

Destiny IS that game.

It's beautiful for one thing. The graphics on the Xbox One (decided on that vs. PS4 because I have more friends that also bought it on XB1) are just epic. Lighting and particle elements are mind blowing sometimes. I shot a missile down a cave entrance to try and kill someone and the walls lit up all the way down as the missile passed through...little things like that make games for me, and this has that kind of attention to detail EVERYWHERE.

The multiplayer plays so much like the older Halo games that I'm literally drooling over here. I jumped into a deathmatch round and felt like I was back in Halo 3 (but obviously with much better graphics and sound). Simple mechanics, simple layout...lots of variants, lots of hiding places. If this game doesn't become the new generation FPS bar, I don't know what will.

This game makes Titan Fall look like absolutely garbage. I don't think I could even go back and play Titan Fall anymore after getting into Destiny.

The co-operative campaign is engaging and really pretty awesome, but can be a bit redundant. What I found cool though is that it plays like an MMO...you'll be exploring a level trying to get to a checkpoint and random people will be in the game helping you and moving on with their own agenda. It was shocking at first when I was getting backed into a corner by these big Knight alien things and these two guys saved my *** and started dancing (yes, you can dance on this game, LOL!)

After almost a full day with this game, it is by far the best offering to date on either system (xb1 or ps4). MUST buy, especially if you were/are a Halo fan.

I only have a couple of "cons"...one being the fact that you have to shoot into orbit to change game mode or anything, and the other being that you have to level up to rank 5 before you can play PvP multiplayer. There will be a lot of really irritated people who don't care about the campaign of a game who will find this annoying, and they don't really let you know, I had to look up online to figure out why I didn't have an option to get straight into multiplayer deathmatch.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just be glad you did it today/tonight vs. yesterday...I spent over an hour trying to figure out why it kept telling me to look up "Cattle" on Bungie.net after the network connection failed. Turns out, "Cattle" is their code for servers being down, lol!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd also like to add that I can already see this early in the game that the content is so much deeper than Titan Fall. Titan Fall was like a bottle rocket, you were so impressed and in awe because it was the first big shooter release on the console that wasn't Battlefield/COD...so everyone was just gushing over it. It didn't even take me a couple of days to realize that the game was very shallow, and the depth it did have was primarily wasted on making it loud and action packed.

If Titan Fall was a normal 5ft. deep pool (in terms of depth), Destiny is the freakin' Atlantic ocean, lol!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Titan...I love to be the muscle!

vDwp3MM.png

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any server issues at all on my PS4. But this game is amazing.. I'm using a female warlock

There have been no server issues on Xbox One since the first couple of hours after release...since then it's been perfect, both multiplayer and co-op campaign. I just ranked up to level 10, and the level I did it on was insane!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
There have been no server issues on Xbox One since the first couple of hours after release...since then it's been perfect, both multiplayer and co-op campaign. I just ranked up to level 10, and the level I did it on was insane!

Would you rate this game your favourite for the year? The last of us remastered is still my number 1

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely my favorite game of the year...no question about it.

There is a co-op mission where you go into the devil's lair and you fight a HUGE version of the little purple orbs that you come upon sometimes, and that damn thing was TERRIFYING. There was a real sense of scale against that thing, and there were several times where I was just watching the damn fight happen in front of me in awe. It made this weird electronic cow noise (similar to a boss in an older Metal Gear game).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice