NCAA Football 2014

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anybody think Georgia Tech can beat FSU?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I do! I think Florida St. Is overrated and Georgia Tech is underrated.
A lot of "ifs" here, but here's my top 6 after Saturday's games. 5 and 6 could go either way.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417546392.346589.jpg

My playoff projections.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417546747.244471.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is ZERO chance FSU misses the playoffs if they beat GT this weekend (as a GT fan though, I hope we beat them).

The #4 spot is the tricky one...TCU certainly deserves to be there up to this point, but their conference championship game is kind of a lame duck game with no real benefit. Baylor plays the most important game in their conference championship but TCU went in and DESTROYED Kansas State, so their argument for #4 would have to be an all out domination of KS...Ohio State has to rely on Baylor faltering or having a close game and going in and decimating Wisconsin (which is no easy task). That #4 spot is going to be a very interesting place to watch this weekend.

And that is given that the other 3 don't screw something up...let's face it...Alabama isn't going to lose to Missouri, so they'll be #1.

FSU vs. GT - Unless FSU has been sand bagging this whole time, GT could certainly beat them...especially since FSU has trouble stopping ground games when they need to (and that's pretty much ALL GT does is wear you out on the ground)

Oregon vs. Arizona - Another great matchup. I haven't watched either of these teams much this season, but being ranked in the top 15 teams means you've done something substantial...and you can't take anything away either team at the right moment.

...this is going to be one hell of a conference championship weekend...I think the only gimme really, which is so historically rare lately, is the SEC championship game, where I think Bama rolls over the tigers.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
There is ZERO chance FSU misses the playoffs if they beat GT this weekend (as a GT fan though, I hope we beat them).

The #4 spot is the tricky one...TCU certainly deserves to be there up to this point, but their conference championship game is kind of a lame duck game with no real benefit. Baylor plays the most important game in their conference championship but TCU went in and DESTROYED Kansas State, so their argument for #4 would have to be an all out domination of KS...Ohio State has to rely on Baylor faltering or having a close game and going in and decimating Wisconsin (which is no easy task). That #4 spot is going to be a very interesting place to watch this weekend.

And that is given that the other 3 don't screw something up...let's face it...Alabama isn't going to lose to Missouri, so they'll be #1.

FSU vs. GT - Unless FSU has been sand bagging this whole time, GT could certainly beat them...especially since FSU has trouble stopping ground games when they need to (and that's pretty much ALL GT does is wear you out on the ground)

Oregon vs. Arizona - Another great matchup. I haven't watched either of these teams much this season, but being ranked in the top 15 teams means you've done something substantial...and you can't take anything away either team at the right moment.

...this is going to be one hell of a conference championship weekend...I think the only gimme really, which is so historically rare lately, is the SEC championship game, where I think Bama rolls over the tigers.

I agree.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So help me understand this: the winner of the SEC and ACC face off, right? Or is it randomly chosen who face off from all the conference winners?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So help me understand this: the winner of the SEC and ACC face off, right? Or is it randomly chosen who face off from all the conference winners?

I thought it would be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. But I don't really know. Time will tell. It's probably online somewhere, but I'm lazy.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
hft6AFi.png

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Currently watching the PAC12 championship game. I really hope Arizona wins so that if GT beats Florida state, they will end up in the top 4(hopefully).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro