NCAA Football 2014

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Kinda off topic, but did you attend FSU? Most of my aunts attended there, and I have a cousin currently attending there. I was actually down at the campus a week ago. Another cousin and I were looking for a Starbucks and Apple maps led us to the Starbucks right smack in the middle of the campus, but it was closed lol. We ended up having to drive around some security gates to get out of there and went to the Starbucks on Monroe st. I live an hour north of tally.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I went to S. Carolina State University. Been a Seminole fan since I was a kid though. Guess I latched on in the mid-late 80s when I was in grade school and remain a fan to this day. Haven't been to a game but have been to the campus on my 2nd anniversary last year. And yes, I'm one that refers to his favorite team as "we" as if I'm tied to the program/franchise. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I went to S. Carolina State University. Been a Seminole fan since I was a kid though. Guess I latched on in the mid-late 80s when I was in grade school and remain a fan to this day. Haven't been to a game but have been to the campus on my 2nd anniversary last year. And yes, I'm one that refers to his favorite team as "we" as if I'm tied to the program/franchise. Lol

I see. Cool. I'll be attending Pensacola Christian College next year, and unfortunately they don't have a football program so I go for my home states team, the DAWGS. Although I was born in Fl near gainsville, so I could easily be a gator or FSU fan lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I see. Cool. I'll be attending Pensacola Christian College next year, and unfortunately they don't have a football program so I go for my home states team, the DAWGS. Although I was born in Fl near gainsville, so I could easily be a gator or FSU fan lol

Always accepting additional Noles! Lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just personally don't care for the way they play football. To me, they look weak on the field, and reliant on luck.

I chalk yesterday up to inclement weather. The first 10 games, I claim we did it for the ratings. I know folks want to see us lose. Lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I said "League" because that is exactly what this is...it's a league of teams with a sprinkle of irrelevant faces thrown into the bowl season.

And you're explaining something to me that I fully understand...you're missing my point...which is that a losing season should not be rewarded with a bowl and more money. You seem to be a part of this new age of rewarding for participation, and that to me is absurd. I'm not suggesting terminating ANY bowl games...what i AM suggesting is upping the requirement by TWO games to make sure a team has a winning season in order to be rewarded a bowl game and additional monies from such.

Quit rewarding mediocrity and even failure...our society is crumbling because we have so many people who are ok with that.

There wouldn't be enough 8 win teams to fill the current Bowls. Let's make it 7 wins, and get rid of a few useless bowls.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
There is no such thing as luck. Sh*t happens or it doesn't. Period.

FSU has luck. And that's all they have going for them.
Game against Clemson = luck
Of course in the game against Clemson they didn't have crab legs because he flapped his trap too much, but they still relied on luck.

Game against the Irish = luck

Game against Miami = luck

Game against Boston College = luck

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
FSU has luck. And that's all they have going for them.
Game against Clemson = luck
Of course in the game against Clemson they didn't have crab legs because he flapped his trap too much, but they still relied on luck.

Game against the Irish = luck

Game against Miami = luck

Game against Boston College = luck

No, that wasn't luck. That was a case of FSU being the better team and/or the other teams not being good enough to hold a lead.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
No, that wasn't luck. That was a case of FSU being the better team and/or the other teams not being good enough to hold a lead.

Yes it was luck. Every single one of those games FSU barely won, and won by less than 7 points. In each of those games there was one play that FSU was lucky enough to get to keep or gain the lead. Example: in the Miami game, a Miami player deflected the ball, and a FSU player just so happened to be close enough to grab it and take it to the end zone. Was that talent? No. It was luck. If they had better talent they would take the lead and keep it by playing better.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes it was luck. Every single one of those games FSU barely won, and won by less than 7 points. In each of those games there was one play that FSU was lucky enough to get to keep or gain the lead. Example: in the Miami game, a Miami player deflected the ball, and a FSU player just so happened to be close enough to grab it and take it to the end zone. Was that talent? No. It was luck. If they had better talent they would take the lead and keep it by playing better.

And, again, that wasn't luck. Coincidence? Possibly. Luck? No such thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2