anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ALL teams EXPECT success. That's like saying you EXPECT to breath today.

I truly feel that a string of success makes a team and fans feel entitled to ultimate success EVERY time. Last season, Miami went up to rank 7 I believe it was, and then just completed imploded once they started playing the big dogs...after that implosion, all I heard from Miami fans (my brother being the worst) was how the NCAA is garbage, it's all pay for play football, blah blah freakin' blah. Nobody wanted to talk about how Miami has been irrelevant since coming to the ACC, how they haven't had recruiting worth dog squat except for glimmers of light here and there (See: Duke Johnson), and how Al Golden is a good, but not great skipper.

It's the tale of two fan bases...

While winning - "HELL YEAH! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE U!"

While losing or just floundering - "NCAA sucks. I don't even like college football anymore."

I agree to a point. There are fans who are only fans when their team is winning, and fans like that irk the crap out of me. Everyone who knows me know that I'm all about the U - win, lose or draw - and have been for over 30 years. There is no doubt that Miami has not been relevant since entering the ACC. THAT IS A FACT! They've always had the "talent", but talent alone doesn't cut it. As a REAL Miami fan, I can point to several factors for them not being as dominant, including better talent from other ACC teams, but it's irrelevant. I was ticked when the administration took massive steps to change the image of the football team by skipping over talented hardcore athletes in favor of those who were easier to manage, so to speak, for the sole purpose of image. Those same talented athletes went to Louisville, Clemson, Alabama and a few other places. Those who typically go to FSU and Florida go there from family loyalty, etcetera. Anyway, the current group of players are the best I've seen from the U since their last championship run, and I'm extremely impressed with QB Brad Kaaya.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree to a point. There are fans who are only fans when their team is winning, and fans like that irk the crap out of me. Everyone who knows me know that I'm all about the U - win, lose or draw - and have been for over 30 years. There is no doubt that Miami has not been relevant since entering the ACC. THAT IS A FACT! They've always had the "talent", but talent alone doesn't cut it. As a REAL Miami fan, I can point to several factors for them not being as dominant, including better talent from other ACC teams, but it's irrelevant. I was ticked when the administration took massive steps to change the image of the football team by skipping over talented hardcore athletes in favor of those who were easier to manage, so to speak, for the sole purpose of image. Those same talented athletes went to Louisville, Clemson, Alabama and a few other places. Those who typically go to FSU and Florida go there from family loyalty, etcetera. Anyway, the current group of players are the best I've seen from the U since their last championship run, and I'm extremely impressed with QB Brad Kaaya.

The scandal that happened with the Miami boosters and Shapiro essentially changed the face of your team...I remember starting to really pay attention to that whole situation as it started unfolding, and my brother was like "Well...there goes the dynasty." I actually felt bad for him because he, like you, has been a Miami fan for around 30 years, and has never changed from that...he DOES however play that entitlement card I was referring to earlier, so I think my opinion might be a bit biased reflective of his fandom alone, LOL! Forgive me if I'm a bit overly critical at times.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The scandal that happened with the Miami boosters and Shapiro essentially changed the face of your team...I remember starting to really pay attention to that whole situation as it started unfolding, and my brother was like "Well...there goes the dynasty." I actually felt bad for him because he, like you, has been a Miami fan for around 30 years, and has never changed from that...he DOES however play that entitlement card I was referring to earlier, so I think my opinion might be a bit biased reflective of his fandom alone, LOL! Forgive me if I'm a bit overly critical at times.

Oh no. It's all good. I enjoy reading your comments and critiques. Keep speaking the truth, sir.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Annnnnnnd Gurley is out for the season with torn ACL...this is not something I'm bragging or happy about, as I'd rather play a 100% UGA, and this kind of injury is never a funny story. Hope he recovers in time for combine.

Todd Gurley out remainder of season with torn ACL

Yeah it's too bad. Good thing we have Chubb, who is, imo, just as good as Gurley.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
They just refuse to respect the fact that good teams find a way to win! Go Noles!!

Put them up against an SEC team and see if they find a way to win! I personally think they've done so good because they've only played one power house this season(and we all know how that went - there's no denying that the Irish had better talent) and the rest have been little ACC schools. Put FSU against just about any team in the top ten and I don't think they'd win.

And yes I did defend FSU awhile back, but after I saw how poorly they played against Miami, and how they rely almost 100% on luck( like the ball that bounced up in the air and the Nole player just so happened to be able to catch it-- that's not talent, that's luck) I don't think they are worth defending.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They look almost identical to the way they did last season...and last season, they beat Auburn, who had just freshly defeated the team everyone THOUGHT was going to win it all (Alabama). So your insinuation that the ACC is weak and the top of the ACC hasn't proven anything can be thrown out the window with proof as recent as last football season. The idea that the SEC is the "bar" set in NCAA football is comical.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
They look almost identical to the way they did last season...and last season, they beat Auburn, who had just freshly defeated the team everyone THOUGHT was going to win it all (Alabama). So your insinuation that the ACC is weak and the top of the ACC hasn't proven anything can be thrown out the window with proof as recent as last football season. The idea that the SEC is the "bar" set in NCAA football is comical.

All I'm saying is FSU hasn't exactly played powerhouses. I'm not saying the ACC is weak, but it does have smaller schools with football programs that aren't on par with the bigger schools in the SEC. The Irish, Clemson and Louisville were the only teams FSU played that were even ranked! And Clemson was 22 at the time. And they almost lost to both. Nuff said.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All I'm saying is FSU hasn't exactly played powerhouses. I'm not saying the ACC is weak, but it does have smaller schools with football programs that aren't on par with the bigger schools in the ACC.

FSU has zero top 25 wins. But that doesn't mean they're not good. I don't think they're as good as they were last year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
SEC guy reminds me of people from New York. Ten seconds into a conversation they want you to know they're from New York. SEC guy wants you to know that if such and such played an SEC team, such and such wouldn't be such and such.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All I'm saying is FSU hasn't exactly played powerhouses. I'm not saying the ACC is weak, but it does have smaller schools with football programs that aren't on par with the bigger schools in the SEC. The Irish, Clemson and Louisville were the only teams FSU played that were even ranked! And Clemson was 22 at the time. And they almost lost to both. Nuff said.

Nuff said? You're joking right? Not on par? That's laughable? Wasn't UGA that just lost to an unranked Florida? Or Auburn, who lost to an unranked Texas A&M?

I mean if we're going to go by ranked opponents...Alabama has only played 3 ranked opponents this season, and JUST squeeked by a couple of their wins against UNRANKED teams.

They are perfectly "on par"...the idea that the ACC is a division of "smaller schools" and implying it's inferior to the SEC is simply hilarious, and last year, the ACC proved to you why anyone who truly feels this way should reassess their biases.

"Nuff said."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
FSU has zero top 25 wins. But that doesn't mean they're not good. I don't think they're as good as they were last year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

WHAT? LOL! Are you feeling ok? This is absolutely and 110% inaccurate. You should go look at the rankings of the teams they've played so far this season.

And if you're referring to the recent playoff (former BCS) ranking...you're splitting hairs. AP rank is almost in line week to week with the official poll year in and year out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative