iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy S5 or HTC One?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone planning on ditching their iOS devices for one of the newer phones coming out? Personally I will be faithful to iOS and iPhone but my fianc? who owns a 5S and will be trading it for an htc one. Are any of you here considering purchasing or trading to one of these phones? Why or why not?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone planning on ditching their iOS devices for one of the newer phones coming out? Personally I will be faithful to iOS and iPhone but my fianc? who owns a 5S and will be trading it for an htc one. Are any of you here considering purchasing or trading to one of these phones? Why or why not?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Sticking with my iPhone 5s and 5c, those two are a handful as it is.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll be sticking to iOS!!! I loved Android devices at one point and they have some great features but I can't see going back to the sporadic updates (if you even get one). I don't have the time to root my phone and continually customize it to my liking...I just need device to work out the box & not be filled with a bunch of apps I'll never use. I also don't want any carrier branding on my device (I don't always use a case), the fact that its in the corner of my screen is enough.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll likely be sticking with the iPhone, but I am hoping they don't make it huge. I already thikn the 5/5s is too big. I have no interest in the HTC at all, it's huge and has a crappy camera. The galaxy is also huge, but I just don't love that OS.

anon(4777221)

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My 4s' power button broke so I was looking at prices of newest phones and saw htc one 8, s4 and note 3 are all the same price or more than iPhone, $700-750. I remember everyone saying iphone is too expensive, get android it's cheaper. Not even close, sure the nexus is, but it's not even up to date features. Why do fanboys make up lies for their apple hatred?

Anyway, probably will wait for iPhone 6 or try the 5s if anything else breaks on the 4s. Couldn't care for the android features really, removable battery(who carries batteries with them?), sd storage (never needed extra space), customizing themes (used themes on various computers over the years, gets boring quite quick), cheaper (they aren't ). Android features seem more for gamers who want to play 5hrs a day on their phone.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Any screen over 5" is a mini tablet, as far as i'm concerned. HTC One(M8), and Nexus5 are right on the border. Personally, i'll be getting the M8 when my contract is up. My SGSIII is starting to get old to me.:p
P.S. My wife loves her 5S, and agrees that phones with larger displays are hard to use "one-handed".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2