Based Solely On Game Selection (Both Current & Upcoming): PS4, Xbox One, Or Wii U?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Forget the hardware (including graphics), which one of the next-gen consoles do you find most enticing based solely on its current and upcoming software titles?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm going to have to go with my trusty little Wii U. I loved Pikmin 3 to the moon and back and am positively exploding with excitement over Super Smash Bros.

Coming in at a very, very close second is my Xbox One, primarily because of the next Halo installment. Halo is and forever has been my favorite FPS series and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The other game that the Xbox One offers that the Wii U does not that I'm really excited about is Batman: Arkham Knight. Plus, as a bonus I just got Titanfall installed a couple days ago so I'm probably going to try it tomorrow and if it lives up to the hype, then it'll likely have a spot on my most coveted list as well.

There's just one PS4 exclusive, however, that catches my attention and that is inFamous: Second Son, but even so it's nothing that I'm dying to have. Aside from that, the PS4 software library leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As a Playstation fan I would say PS4, and WiiU just because Nintendo has a great legacy...

Not very scientific answer here but I generally use ny heart more to decide on game console purchases.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you asking which one is best? That's impossible to answer...kind of like asking which smart phone is "best". There's no accurate singular answer. I could say the Xbox One is best because I'm a huge Halo fan and I won't find that anywhere else...or that the Wii U is best because I love Mario games, which are strictly found on Nintendo consoles.

ALL of the systems have their positive marks and negative marks...and trying to isolate one as the better system vs. the others means you have to approach it way too generically to be even remotely accurate. I have all of them, and each of them shines and fails in it's own, very distinct way.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you asking which one is best? That's impossible to answer...kind of like asking which smart phone is "best". There's no accurate singular answer. I could say the Xbox One is best because I'm a huge Halo fan and I won't find that anywhere else...or that the Wii U is best because I love Mario games, which are strictly found on Nintendo consoles.

ALL of the systems have their positive marks and negative marks...and trying to isolate one as the better system vs. the others means you have to approach it way too generically to be even remotely accurate. I have all of them, and each of them shines and fails in it's own, very distinct way.

Did you even read the first post? I never used the word "best" a single time, nor was that the idea behind it. I asked which system each person found the most enticing based solely on its respective gaming library.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you even read the first post? I never used the word "best" a single time, nor was that the idea behind it. I asked which system each person found the most enticing based solely on its respective gaming library.

My apologies...I kind of went on a rant and you're right, you never asked for a best.

Personally, it's tough for me to pick one because the current offerings almost always make me feel like a particular system is creating a "trend" so to speak...if you asked me which of my systems I prefer right now, I'd probably answer the Xbox One because of TitanFall, but when I buy WatchDogs on PS4, I'll probably change my mind again...and again with Mario Kart. I guess right now, I could only say that ALL of them are most enticing lol.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My apologies...I kind of went on a rant and you're right, you never asked for a best.

Personally, it's tough for me to pick one because the current offerings almost always make me feel like a particular system is creating a "trend" so to speak...if you asked me which of my systems I prefer right now, I'd probably answer the Xbox One because of TitanFall, but when I buy WatchDogs on PS4, I'll probably change my mind again...and again with Mario Kart. I guess right now, I could only say that ALL of them are most enticing lol.

No problem!

That makes sense. I'm sure I'll sway a few times as well, but overall I think my nostalgic side generally causes me to lean toward Nintendo's offerings, and Super Smash Bros. in particular. Halo comes in at a close second, but I sure played the hell out of Melee and Brawl back in the day. The only game series that made me more excited is something that flies under the radar for most, which is the X-Men: Legends/Marvel: Ultimate Alliance series. Unfortunately, though, the series hasn't seen an update in many years and it doesn't seem like it's going to anytime soon, which kills me. I grew up as the biggest little X-Men fan and they just don't get enough proper video game love.

Ronin64

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Wii U for me, since I'm a big Nintendo fan. They only have shown a little of the new Legend of Zelda game, but I can't wait. Open world Zelda game, sign me up.
Although I'll get a PS4 eventually for all the 3rd party games the Wii U will probably miss.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So far, this is how I've ranked the 3 systems...with a good bit of time in each one.

Wii U - By FAR the best general game releases of the three. I've had more FUN with the games on this system and longevity in replay as well across the spectrum without focusing on any one particular game itself.

Xbox One - Best singular game I've played on the new gen systems...Max - The Curse of Brotherhood. And hilariously...it was absolutely, 100% free, lol!

PS4 - Best UI and system design. It has had less wonky issues, the UI is simple and clean, the store is more inviting and easy to navigate and the system itself feels like it has A LOT more to offer. I know both the Xbox and Playstation have yet to be really pushed, but I can really tell, after playing several games on PS4 that we're dealing with more horsepower here.

...ultimately, right now, I prefer my Wii U if I had to pick one.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
With what Sean and others said. I have currently a PS4 and it is amazing. If you get the Wii U make sure to get Lego City: Undercover or as I like to call it( GTA: Lego City).With the Wii U you won't have access to DLC for some games. The PS4 and Xbox ONE have updated games out and coming out like GTA V, Tomb Raider Definitive, Metro(Both games)... In the end it is up to you. I will be glad to have a PM convo about things if you like.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative