Making the Switch

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So recently I made the switch from cigarettes to vaporizers, aka e-cigarettes. No, not Blu, or any other cheap brand like that. I?m talking a decent setup, a battery, a tank, tips, coils, fluids, the whole nine yards. I?m currently using an eGo C-Twist variable voltage battery, it?s a nice battery, lasts a while, and at the max 4.8v I can get some decent vaporizing going on. The tanks I?m using are a Kanger Tech Pro Tank 2, and an Innokin iClear 30S. The iClear does have a fill line and wicks, but the Pro Tank 2 has neither because it is a bottom coil tank. That means it burns from the bottom of the tank which negates the need of wicks. Both these tanks have the option to change the tips on them, as well replace the coil as necessary. Your cheaper brands don?t have any of these options. Fluids, you can buy them online, you can buy them at an e-cigarette store, or you can make your own. I prefer to just buy mine at a local store. The nicotine level is variable from 0-38mg of nicotine. I?m currently at around 10-12mg but will quickly be dropping down to 0mg, no nicotine.

There are a lot of smokers who switch to e-cigaretts to aid in their quest to quit smoking. Others use it as an alternative to smoking. I?m in the middle ground there. I was smoking a pack a day, if not more, everyday. Naturally, I?m facing the health consequences of those actions. But after switching to vaping, as it may be referred to as, I?ve never even thought about a cigarette. The smell alone repulses me now. I haven?t craved a cigarette, I haven?t ?needed? one. Granted, I am still getting nicotine, but that?s it. All of the negative effects of what I?m taking into my lungs, is negligible, based off recent studies. But I can easily see myself completely forgetting I have my vaporizing and never vaping. Chantix is considered a great way to quit smoking, Chantix has nothing on vaporizers. I?ve used both. I had to stop using Chantix halfway through. I literally could not be still, I had an immensely difficult time trying to get to sleep.

The startup cost to a decent vaporizer setup will set you back about the price a carton or few depending on your brand and location, but after that it?s much cheaper. Less than $10 a carton cheaper, plus you?re not destroying your lungs or the lungs of everyone around you either. I?ve only been vaping for about a week and a half, but it?s already made a great impact in my life. I?m more than happy I made the choice. For those wondering, my initial cost was around $150 for the two batteries, two tanks, and fluids I bought.

Synchronistically Transposed

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
There's a number of people around me that use e-cigs in the office. It's cool that you either get no scent from them, or you can flavor it and has a nice smell. As a non-smoker, I'm cool with it. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro