PS4 or Xbox One: which is your favourite?

PS4 or Xbox One: which is your favourite?

• PS4

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I got both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I said this before but I'll repeat it for the sake of conversation...

Up to this point, Xbox has provided me a superior online multiplayer experience...so my circles have grown in such. Buying the Xbox One was almost a non-question because those who I play online with will, in fact, still be on Xbox when they move to the new gen consoles.

The real beauty though is being able to buy both consoles...so I can enjoy the multiplayer aspect of my Xbox community while also enjoying the games released only for PS on my own.

Just for clarity, besides having your community of friends that you play with on Xbox live, what "superior" features or online experience do you enjoy that psn does not have?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think I said this before but I'll repeat it for the sake of conversation...

Up to this point, Xbox has provided me a superior online multiplayer experience...so my circles have grown in such. Buying the Xbox One was almost a non-question because those who I play online with will, in fact, still be on Xbox when they move to the new gen consoles.

The real beauty though is being able to buy both consoles...so I can enjoy the multiplayer aspect of my Xbox community while also enjoying the games released only for PS on my own.

Good point I hate this console wars promoted by fan boys. Both system have their strengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just for clarity, besides having your community of friends that you play with on Xbox live, what "superior" features or online experience do you enjoy that psn does not have?

For one, I think Xbox's Ecosystem is much more in-game chat friendly, because Xbox Live really kicked off the whole headset thing with the bundles they had with the Xbox360...

Did they have headsets back in the original Xbox days? If they did, it figures.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I can only speak on historic precedence, because I don't have a PS4 (and thus have no idea how these things measure up now), but historically...

- First and foremost, game servers with more population and more consistently reliable connections
- Chat functionality (especially party chat, though I understand this is something the Playstation is capable of finally)
- Xbox exclusive multiplayers (primarily Halo and Forza for me, these two games alone make my preference of the Xbox an easy one)
- Xbox Live Arcade...the assortment and variety on XBLA was staggeringly larger than PSN (similar to Apple vs. Android in that nature)
- I USED to prefer the dashboard layout for ease of use, but the Xbox One's tile system is something I truly HATE. Playstation might win out on this now (for functionalities sake online)

...there are probably other things I'm forgetting, but that gives you a decent idea.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I can only speak on historic precedence, because I don't have a PS4 (and thus have no idea how these things measure up now), but historically...

- First and foremost, game servers with more population and more consistently reliable connections
- Chat functionality (especially party chat, though I understand this is something the Playstation is capable of finally)
- Xbox exclusive multiplayers (primarily Halo and Forza for me, these two games alone make my preference of the Xbox an easy one)
- Xbox Live Arcade...the assortment and variety on XBLA was staggeringly larger than PSN (similar to Apple vs. Android in that nature)
- I USED to prefer the dashboard layout for ease of use, but the Xbox One's tile system is something I truly HATE. Playstation might win out on this now (for functionalities sake online)

...there are probably other things I'm forgetting, but that gives you a decent idea.

Are you sure you owned a ps3? Because based on your experience it sounds like you didn't.

-If you played many of the games on ps3 that had an online element to them you would have known that Sony used dedicated servers for their games more than the p2p system that Xbox live uses with most of their multiplayer games(which is weird considering that they charged so much for live gold). Peer to peer is way less reliable and it often depended on the host's internet connection for a decent online session.

-Yes, the chat functionality(party chat) was missing last gen with sony's ps3 and they have explained why it was(because of memory limitations), but that has indeed been rectified with the massive upgrade in hardware with the ps4(finally party chat, cross game chat, universal invites, etc!).

-Exclusives? Ok. This can be subject to ones taste in games and genres, but last gen Sony has proven objectively to have more variety and overall better scoring exclusives. Microsoft literally has maybe 4-5 system exclusives(Halo series, gears series, fable series, fora series) that really impacted the console. Sony on the other hand has had many exclusives(Warhawk, heavenly sword, folklore, resistance fall of man series, the uncharted series, the infamous series, the killzone series, the last of us, the god of war series, gran turismo series, starhawk, the tales RPGs, kingdom hearts series, playstation allstars, Ni no Kuni, the motorstorm series, etc. also the superior D-pad led me to play the fighting game genre on ps3 over my 360) and some underrated, but given great reviews and replay value.

-Xbox live arcade is great, but haven't you seen the psn titles? The pixel junk series, journey, echo chrome, wipeout hd, pain, super stardust hd, fat princess, crash commando, etc Not to mention all the ps one classics you can download. All given exceptional reviews by the critics. I've only named a few, but Xbox live arcade being staggeringly larger is an exaggeration. You really make it sound like you never even had a ps3.

- I don't currently own an Xbox one so I can't say too much on the dashboard, but from friends who have the one and from videos I've seen of the dashboard, it certainly seems less intuitive and way more confusing than the ps4's dynamic ui. Also, the tv functionality seems cool, but it seems to compromise other functionality on current home theater setups such as the lack of dvr functionality for recording tv or deeper integration with a cable box's menus. Another words I would still have to go back to using the remotes for my home theater system and cable box to still have everything function properly. It just seems kind of half baked. As it stands now, I myself can't justify spending $100 more for a system that in my mind offers significantly less. I want one and will eventually get one, but price has to change as well as some other things for me to make the jump. The Xbox one doesn't even offer live broadcasting to twitch and won't offer it until next year. That's funny considering that Microsoft was the one to advertise it at their reveal earlier this year as an exclusive to the Xbox one and yet the ps4 at launch has both twitch live broadcasting and ustream. Don't get me wrong, I am a gamer at heart and like I said, I will eventually have both, but I chose the ps4 first and am enjoying every bit of it! It just makes more sense to go with the ps4 in my mind. Sony seems more gamer oriented than Microsoft does with their Xbox one. I may actually get an Xbox one when Titanfall comes out, but the way that EA is talking titanfall won't stay exclusive to the Xbox one, not to mention I could in fact get it on a PC and use the ps4 controller to play it!

Last edited:

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry no. IGN is here to sale games otherwise no one would buy them or have to read there articles.

"But even the mighty PS4′s 1080 60 FPS performance cannot handle Battlefield 4. The PlayStation 4 will run that game at 900p while the Xbox One will be 720p. The Xbox One was also missing ambient occlusion but the developers say that will be patched."

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
?[T]he actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we?d expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony?s console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image?. The Microsoft version is poised to give us the most aliasing of the two next-gen platforms by a noticeable degree, and is only a stone?s throw from the sub-720p resolutions of current-gen releases. On the other hand, the PS4 version delivers a whopping 1600?900 resolution in all modes, giving it a 50 per cent lead in output pixels overall. As well as cutting down on jagged edges, this reduces the amount of pixel shimmer we see in motion on complex shaders or thin geometry, with distant power lines, scaffolding and other elements with sub-pixel elements creating unwanted flickering on Xbox One.?

Believe me, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you owned a ps3? Because based on your experience it sounds like you didn't.

-If you played many of the games on ps3 that had an online element to them you would have known that Sony used dedicated servers for their games more than the p2p system that Xbox live uses with most of their multiplayer games(which is weird considering that they charged so much for live gold). Peer to peer is way less reliable and it often depended on the host's internet connection for a decent online session.

-Yes, the chat functionality(party chat) was missing last gen with sony's ps3 and they have explained why it was(because of memory limitations), but that has indeed been rectified with the massive upgrade in hardware with the ps4(finally party chat, cross game chat, universal invites, etc!).

-Exclusives? Ok. This can be subject to ones taste in games and genres, but last gen Sony has proven objectively to have more variety and overall better scoring exclusives. Microsoft literally has maybe 4-5 system exclusives(Halo series, gears series, fable series, fora series) that really impacted the console. Sony on the other hand has had many exclusives(Warhawk, heavenly sword, folklore, resistance fall of man series, the uncharted series, the infamous series, the killzone series, the last of us, the god of war series, gran turismo series, starhawk, the tales RPGs, kingdom hearts series, playstation allstars, Ni no Kuni, the motorstorm series, etc. also the superior D-pad led me to play the fighting game genre on ps3 over my 360) and some underrated, but given great reviews and replay value.

-Xbox live arcade is great, but haven't you seen the psn titles? The pixel junk series, journey, echo chrome, wipeout hd, pain, super stardust hd, fat princess, crash commando, etc Not to mention all the ps one classics you can download. All given exceptional reviews by the critics. I've only named a few, but Xbox live arcade being staggeringly larger is an exaggeration. You really make it sound like you never even had a ps3.

- I don't currently own an Xbox one so I can't say too much on the dashboard, but from friends who have the one and from videos I've seen of the dashboard, it certainly seems less intuitive and way more confusing than the ps4's dynamic ui. Also, the tv functionality seems cool, but it seems to compromise other functionality on current home theater setups such as the lack of dvr functionality for recording tv or deeper integration with a cable box's menus. Another words I would still have to go back to using the remotes for my home theater system and cable box to still have everything function properly. It just seems kind of half baked. As it stands now, I myself can't justify spending $100 more for a system that in my mind offers significantly less. I want one and will eventually get one, but price has to change as well as some other things for me to make the jump. The Xbox one doesn't even offer live broadcasting to twitch and won't offer it until next year. That's funny considering that Microsoft was the one to advertise it at their reveal earlier this year as an exclusive to the Xbox one and yet the ps4 at launch has both twitch live broadcasting and ustream. Don't get me wrong, I am a gamer at heart and like I said, I will eventually have both, but I chose the ps4 first and am enjoying every bit of it! It just makes more sense to go with the ps4 in my mind. Sony seems more gamer oriented than Microsoft does with their Xbox one. I may actually get an Xbox one when Titanfall comes out, but the way that EA is talking titanfall won't stay exclusive to the Xbox one, not to mention I could in fact get it on a PC and use the ps4 controller to play it!

Are you seriously trying to start an argument and question what I've owned over opinions? Did you bother reading my first post? I said those things were what made it better FOR ME. And yes, I played plenty of multiplayer on PS3 (just not on my own system since I didn't buy any multiplayer games for it)...pretty much every person that had a PS3 had the slew of games I would play on Xbox, and I got to try them out...bottom line, my experience was better on Xbox, in all the ways I mentioned. Don't agree? That's fantastic, congratulations...you have a differing opinion.

Xbox Live Arcade had better titles in my opinion.
Voice chat was a very important thing for me, so PS's offering wasn't up to par.
The games I play the most are exclusive many times to Xbox.
The gaming experience online was a better experience TO ME on Xbox.

...I knew your post was a loaded question from your tone, and seriously bud, I think I made it as clear as I possibly could that my response was MY opinion and what worked best FOR ME. I own both systems every time they release them (PS4 is coming this weekend lol!), I'm not a fan boy of either, I just go by what I experience...Playstation is my solo machine, Xbox is my multiplayer...period.

You don't feel it's worth $100 more? That's great! Don't pay it! I felt it was easily worth the cost I paid...and the TV integration hasn't back tracked my home theater setup at all, and it's quite extensive honestly...the functionality of the TV integration is really pretty basic, but it seems to do it quite well.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you seriously trying to start an argument and question what I've owned over opinions? Did you bother reading my first post? I said those things were what made it better FOR ME. And yes, I played plenty of multiplayer on PS3 (just not on my own system since I didn't buy any multiplayer games for it)...pretty much every person that had a PS3 had the slew of games I would play on Xbox, and I got to try them out...bottom line, my experience was better on Xbox, in all the ways I mentioned. Don't agree? That's fantastic, congratulations...you have a differing opinion.

Xbox Live Arcade had better titles in my opinion.
Voice chat was a very important thing for me, so PS's offering wasn't up to par.
The games I play the most are exclusive many times to Xbox.
The gaming experience online was a better experience TO ME on Xbox.

...I knew your post was a loaded question from your tone, and seriously bud, I think I made it as clear as I possibly could that my response was MY opinion and what worked best FOR ME. I own both systems every time they release them (PS4 is coming this weekend lol!), I'm not a fan boy of either, I just go by what I experience...Playstation is my solo machine, Xbox is my multiplayer...period.

You don't feel it's worth $100 more? That's great! Don't pay it! I felt it was easily worth the cost I paid...and the TV integration hasn't back tracked my home theater setup at all, and it's quite extensive honestly...the functionality of the TV integration is really pretty basic, but it seems to do it quite well.

Be that as it may, I just simply responded to the points that you made as to why you perceived your experience with the Xbox 360 better than your experience with the ps3. I did write the post with subjectivity aside. You said that the servers on Xbox live were better as a matter of fact. I said that wasn't true. You said that the psn's selection and variety of games as staggeringly low compared to Xbox live arcades selection as a matter of fact. I simply said that that statement was exaggerated. And so on and on. I am sorry if I came across as argumentative and was not my intention to be that way. It just seems that you are presenting a lot of your "opinions" as facts, so I responded as such. I truly love games and I have said many times that I would like to own both next gen systems like I did last gen(ps3 and 360). To be honest I have seen a lot of your posts on this thread and many others on imore and I respect most if not all that you have to say.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I see a lot of misinformation here.

P2p connection for games?? Maybe a select few. And name one please as my gaming selection for minimal on the 360.

Chat?? What memory limitation? It's the se 256mb the xbox 360 is correct?

And ps4 dynamic UI? Please it just a thrown together as anything I've ever seen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Be that as it may, I just simply responded to the points that you made as to why you perceived your experience with the Xbox 360 better than your experience with the ps3. I did write the post with subjectivity aside. You said that the servers on Xbox live were better as a matter of fact. I said that wasn't true. You said that the psn's selection and variety of games as staggeringly low compared to Xbox live arcades selection as a matter of fact. I simply said that that statement was exaggerated. And so on and on. I am sorry if I came across as argumentative and was not my intention to be that way. It just seems that you are presenting a lot of your "opinions" as facts, so I responded as such. I truly love games and I have said many times that I would like to own both next gen systems like I did last gen(ps3 and 360). To be honest I have seen a lot of your posts on this thread and many others on imore and I respect most if not all that you have to say.

How can you deduce that I was representing my opinions as facts when I specifically said, IN MY POST, that the Xbox "PROVIDED ME" with these things...that means that my own experience reflected what I wrote. Yes, multiplayer was more populated, yes, the games I buy are more numerous (and many times exclusive) on Xbox, yes, the arcade offers more of the kinds of games I play (not to mention Xbox Classics that I personally enjoyed).

I mean I don't get it man, you're being argumentative because I said I prefer the Xbox and feel it's the superior system FOR ME? The iPhone is the best smart phone FOR ME, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would argue other phones have better features...I never said either were the BEST in general, I always reflect things in my opinion, because that is all I have to go with. The Xbox is the superior system to me, because I prefer the things I get out of it vs. the Playstation.

And then beyond that...I'm not loyal to either! I buy both! I enjoy both! And you repeatedly said that you felt I didn't own the system...go look up my screen name, it's the same on PS Network as it is on here...it probably doesn't show a multiplayer game since Metal Storm II and Metal Gear...I enjoy God of War, Gran Turismo and Kill Zone, I really think they are awesome, but I don't play them online.

I gotta say man, of all the people in this thread, you seem to fit the "fanboy" description the best, because honestly, it's been a pretty civil discussion up to the point where you started questioning my post and honesty...you can say you weren't trying to be argumentative all you want, but when you pretty much call me a liar, it's kind of hard to see anything BUT an argumentative stance.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of misinformation here.

P2p connection for games?? Maybe a select few. And name one please as my gaming selection for minimal on the 360.

Chat?? What memory limitation? It's the se 256mb the xbox 360 is correct?

And ps4 dynamic UI? Please it just a thrown together as anything I've ever seen.

No misinformation that I can tell.
-The ps4's ui is in fact called the "dynamic menu" or ui. Whether you think it's dynamic or not that's up to you. PS4 dynamic menu | Official PlayStation Magazine
-The limitation of the ps3's shared memory was in fact the reason why it could not do cross game chat. That is why they only settled for text chat. Why the PS3 can't do cross-game chat News • News • PlayStation 3 • Eurogamer.net
-Also games like Halo, Gears of War, and even some cross platform games like Call of Duty used peer to peer connections. The mutltiplayer was heavily dependent on host connections and host migrations to keep the multiplayer smooth and running.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
How can you deduce that I was representing my opinions as facts when I specifically said, IN MY POST, that the Xbox "PROVIDED ME" with these things...that means that my own experience reflected what I wrote. Yes, multiplayer was more populated, yes, the games I buy are more numerous (and many times exclusive) on Xbox, yes, the arcade offers more of the kinds of games I play (not to mention Xbox Classics that I personally enjoyed).

I mean I don't get it man, you're being argumentative because I said I prefer the Xbox and feel it's the superior system FOR ME? The iPhone is the best smart phone FOR ME, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would argue other phones have better features...I never said either were the BEST in general, I always reflect things in my opinion, because that is all I have to go with. The Xbox is the superior system to me, because I prefer the things I get out of it vs. the Playstation.

And then beyond that...I'm not loyal to either! I buy both! I enjoy both! And you repeatedly said that you felt I didn't own the system...go look up my screen name, it's the same on PS Network as it is on here...it probably doesn't show a multiplayer game since Metal Storm II and Metal Gear...I enjoy God of War, Gran Turismo and Kill Zone, I really think they are awesome, but I don't play them online.

I gotta say man, of all the people in this thread, you seem to fit the "fanboy" description the best, because honestly, it's been a pretty civil discussion up to the point where you started questioning my post and honesty...you can say you weren't trying to be argumentative all you want, but when you pretty much call me a liar, it's kind of hard to see anything BUT an argumentative stance.
Well, then once again I am sorry. Like I said, my intentions weren't to argue with you. If indeed those were your opinions about xbox live being more reliable because of your experience and not what is factual or anything else you have said then it was my misunderstanding.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I also want to add...dynamic UI? LOL! You sound like a marketing person for Sony. It's a ***** dashboard, and it's nothing amazing...it MIGHT be better than the Xbox One's (because I personally hate Microsoft's tile system), but it's not some genius creation in comparison, otherwise the reviews online would be gushing over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, then once again I am sorry. Like I said, my intentions weren't to argue with you. If indeed those were your opinions about xbox live being more reliable because of your experience and not what is factual or anything else you have said then it was my misunderstanding.

So why question my honesty about owning the system? Your intentions seemed quite clear, but my responses were very clear as well...they were reflective of an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Honestly, I don't care what system people prefer...my circles play Xbox, so I buy the Xbox first and get the Playstation later. Maybe this generation of console will switch me, it's very possible, and I have no problem with it...I play what works best for me, and so far it's been Xbox.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I also want to add...dynamic UI? LOL! You sound like a marketing person for Sony. It's a ***** dashboard, and it's nothing amazing...it MIGHT be better than the Xbox One's (because I personally hate Microsoft's tile system), but it's not some genius creation in comparison, otherwise the reviews online would be gushing over it.
I am just calling it what it is. Nothing more. I even posted a link to what it's actually called. I'll post again for your reference.
PS4 dynamic menu | Official PlayStation Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So why question my honesty about owning the system? Your intentions seemed quite clear, but my responses were very clear as well...they were reflective of an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Honestly, I don't care what system people prefer...my circles play Xbox, so I buy the Xbox first and get the Playstation later. Maybe this generation of console will switch me, it's very possible, and I have no problem with it...I play what works best for me, and so far it's been Xbox.
What more do you want from me? Lol. I apologized and am admitting fault here...also in my posts I did say that you make it "seem". From what you have posted before and how I interpreted it, I was essentially asking for more clarity.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Also, I never called you a liar. You jumped to that conclusion yourself based on how you interpreted my questioning. I was asking questions because based on what you were saying about your experience on the Playstation 3 because it seemed dramatically different from my experience let alone the experience of others and most certainly gaming sites who review the console performance and games. I get the fact that each has their own preferences, but my questioning really was for clarity. Like I said before and I'll say it again...I am sorry.

Last edited: