PS4 or Xbox One: which is your favourite?

PS4 or Xbox One: which is your favourite?

• PS4

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I got both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
How hard is it to use a game controller on a driving game? I'd want to use my feet for accelerator, brake and clutch.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How hard is it to use a game controller on a driving game? I'd want to use my feet for accelerator, brake and clutch.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Nah, it's really no difference. The only difference is if you want to simulate the real driving experience to the extent of using your feet and hands, as opposed to just hands with the controller. But I don't see how one's way of controlling the game differs in terms of how you maneuver the corners for example. The same principles apply, just the way you do it is different.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Playstation 4. I had an Xbox 360 and my hand was cramping up a lot with FPSs. I was hoping that the Xbox One would fix it with the new controller. Didn't happen.

I had the chance to play just about all of the launch games a few weeks before launch and was generally not impressed. I don't care for the tile interface, never really played Kinect games and I wasn't happy with the controller.

I know there have been concerns about the performance, and I can say that the Xbox One does have a noticeably softer image in BF4 and COD but it doesn't really change the game play.

I've been happy with the Playstation 4. It's an excellent gaming device. To me, the controller is much much better. I buy all of my games digital now, and love not having to dig for my games through a menu system. That was actually a big pain point for me on the Xbox.

The other things come down to company policy and game lineup. Sony has been much more open towards Indie developers, and it shows. Resogun is a brilliant game. I don't think Microsoft is moving fast enough to make a meaningful difference in that area for the next year or so. The PS4 doesn't try to pretend to be more then it is. I have 3 AppleTVs in my house hooked up to a media server. Shoehorning in the tv stuff looks incredibly half baked, and the same goes for the voice commands. I got burned out on Halo franchise, and games like Infamous Second Son, and The Order look amazing.

To each their own, I can understand the value proposition of the Xbox One, it's just not for me.

Couldn't have said it any better.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I have a xbox 360 now and I use it for rock band and gta5. That's it. I don't like "gaming" on them. They are brand new and still don't match a pc's performance which is sad. What's even worse is that game developers want to design for a console for some reason over a PC. Yes i know the reasons but it just not the same. I'm more of a strategy gamer and PC enthusiast so I know I'm partial.

Remember that xbox 360 typically out performs ps3 even though the ps3 hardware is superior. Reason being is the scaler chip and the optimizations. Also the 360 has on die cache that very large that makes up for a lot of the speed. A very similar setup is on the xbox one and it could very well tilt the tide. Only time will tell.

On the note of xbox looking fuzzier or whatever is completely useless. How close were u to the tv? Yes the resolutions are different but at proper and safe viewing differences not many will notice or even care.

Bottom line here is that both systems are speced so close together that it maybe years before users notice or even see a difference. Both have 8 core CPU both 8 gb of ram. Xbone is clocked higher on CPU side and ps4 has gddr5 ram vs ddr3. Add to that the 42(?) MB cache for the processor on the xbone and it really gets even. Key trick here is getting developers to code for it but as I said before they already do for the 360. Then there is API and other optimizations so when it's all said and done it's going to comedown to services offered.

I am not buying either system for at least a year and probably 2 or 3. I have way too much going on in life and in PC to add to the gaming hobby at this time. I only had my 360 got 5 years and owned maybe 10 games for it and never rented any. I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I will always to biased to PC and xbox but now with the systems so close I'm undecided.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
True. Good thoughts. I have been contemplating about whether I should get the PS4 this month or just wait, because honestly a Kill zone game isn't enough to make me plunk down the dollars. A good Uncharted game might sway my decision, and generally I'm waiting for Infamous to really serve as that title I can sink my time into.

Should I or should I not? Anyone wanna chime in?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Though I don't have either past experience will lead me to a PS4. The reason? I had 3 Xbox 360s and each gave me the ring of death. Bought a PS3 in 2008 and have been using that same ps3 ever since!

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Though I don't have either past experience will lead me to a PS4. The reason? I had 3 Xbox 360s and each gave me the ring of death. Bought a PS3 in 2008 and have been using that same ps3 ever since!

Xbox just had a bad fan design which lead to that. I believe they even extended the warranty coverage for them with that condition. I haven't head of the jasper editions or the smaller ones have the rrod.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll go for which ever has the "better" controller and better exclusive games like forza for Xbox and gran tarismo for play station as well as the best one for online multiplayer. Unfortunately I dont know which console that is. Perhaps I'll stay with an upgraded PC but hardware upgrades are expensive.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Xbox just had a bad fan design which lead to that. I believe they even extended the warranty coverage for them with that condition. I haven't head of the jasper editions or the smaller ones have the rrod.

While the fan probably did contribute to the circulation of heat in the housing, the real issue was the materials used to mount the processing chips and the heat sinks that were not sufficient for the temperatures that were being sustained. People were able to take brand new Xbox 360's, replace the heat sinks (sometimes with things as simple as glued together coins, lol), and they never experienced RROD's, even stress testing the systems.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
While the fan probably did contribute to the circulation of heat in the housing, the real issue was the materials used to mount the processing chips and the heat sinks that were not sufficient for the temperatures that were being sustained. People were able to take brand new Xbox 360's, replace the heat sinks (sometimes with things as simple as glued together coins, lol), and they never experienced RROD's, even stress testing the systems.

I sure wish I'd known all that back in the day! Lol I may go Xbox One now if I ever upgrade my console!

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea or put it in an oven wrapped in a blanket or duct tape. Seen both those to reheat the solder. Seen thrm work too. Br the issue still goes back to heat.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
PS4 for me. I've owned the ps3 and xbox. You really can't go wrong on either one. That BF4 on 1080p 60FPS got me sold on PS4 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea or put it in an oven wrapped in a blanket or duct tape. Seen both those to reheat the solder. Seen thrm work too. Br the issue still goes back to heat.

The issue does go back to heat, but swapping out fans does not fix the issue (otherwise the fix for the RROD would be a simple, plug and play $5 eBay fan upgrade).

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Give some reasons on your choices, folks...so we'd get to know you guys better. :)

I think it mostly comes down to what you've been playing in the past. Most playstation owners will probably end up getting a ps4 and the same for xbox owners. I've owned both in the past but always have been a playstation gamer so picking the ps4 was very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I said this before but I'll repeat it for the sake of conversation...

Up to this point, Xbox has provided me a superior online multiplayer experience...so my circles have grown in such. Buying the Xbox One was almost a non-question because those who I play online with will, in fact, still be on Xbox when they move to the new gen consoles.

The real beauty though is being able to buy both consoles...so I can enjoy the multiplayer aspect of my Xbox community while also enjoying the games released only for PS on my own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR