Thought I'd start of this thread by saying its been a weird week here in Central Texas. Mid-week lows were in the mid to low 30s in the Austin Metro, with below freezing in low spots and in the non-urban areas. Several days of low to mid 50s for highs. Cool for us here.

Starting Friday, and likely ahead of the advancing system sweeping in from the Northwest, yesterday's high was near 80. Today its already 87.

Of course I took advantage of that by doing some edging to keep the bermuda grass from invading the planting beds (bermuda was here when we moved in), and some general brush maintenance and weed pulling. Then fixed a fence gate door that was installed too low, causing the gate to drag on a high spot on the sidewalk. Sweated some, but nothing like the middle of summer here. Delayed mowing the grass as I thought a few weeks ago I'd be done for the season. Will let it freeze or go dormant unless we continue with warm weather.

Today went for a bike ride before lunch with temps already in the low 80s. Tonight it should begin to cool down and continue throughout the day tomorrow. Maybe some more yard work and garage cleanup if the schedule allows.

Anyway, how's the weather in your area? Are these temperature swings normal this time of year?
    11-17-2013 02:11 PM
    Prayers out to Washington, IL -- twitter has some pictures of horrific tornado aftermath... and other areas in Illinois as well hit... Da Bears game in delay due to tornadic thunderstorms...
    11-17-2013 02:37 PM
    Not good. Definitely thinking of all those in that area. Hoping for the best.
    11-17-2013 02:50 PM
    Live in New Braunfels and lovin' the weather.
    11-17-2013 09:57 PM
    I can imagine. Just down the road
    rdiddy_25 likes this.
    11-17-2013 11:19 PM
    It's currently sunny and 48 degrees in Pittsburgh so I'll take it.
    11-18-2013 10:00 AM
    That sounds better than 87 in November.
    11-18-2013 10:41 PM
    That sounds better than 87 in November.
    That sounds wonderful! Right now, it's 36 degrees.
    11-20-2013 10:52 AM
    It's sunny and mild here today in Kill Devil Hills. The day before was in the 70s, yesterday was 45, and today is going to hit about 60 or so. My knees hate this stuff.
    11-20-2013 10:56 AM
    It's a nice and sunny day here on Long Island. Getting a bit cool and breezy though...wind chill is 32F right now. They are talking about some kind of "weather" for next week and all I can say is it better not frigging snow on Thanksgiving with all the cooking I'm doing!
    11-20-2013 03:37 PM
    It's sunny and mild here today in Kill Devil Hills. The day before was in the 70s, yesterday was 45, and today is going to hit about 60 or so. My knees hate this stuff.
    I know the feeling. Wear and tear over the years is catching up to me. Strange how weather triggers that.
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:50 PM
    It's a nice and sunny day here on Long Island. Getting a bit cool and breezy though...wind chill is 32F right now. They are talking about some kind of "weather" for next week and all I can say is it better not frigging snow on Thanksgiving with all the cooking I'm doing!
    That's getting chilly, especially with windchill. Looks like the first big Arctic system is moving Southwest this week. Tomorrow's high is 80 pre-front, falling to 39 by Friday evening. That may be the same system heading your way.
    11-20-2013 09:55 PM
    I know the feeling. Wear and tear over the years is catching up to me. Strange how weather triggers that.
    Yeah, mine is the result of 20 years in the Navy. 7 surface ships and 4 subs will ruin your knees.
    Trees likes this.
    11-21-2013 08:45 AM
    Yeah, mine is the result of 20 years in the Navy. 7 surface ships and 4 subs will ruin your knees.
    Yes, mine are probably ground down some from my Army days. I think its more likely from years of running now combined with aging and arthritis.
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    11-21-2013 07:36 PM
    Arctic system is here. Rained all day yesterday and off/on overnight. Light drizzle and mid 30's now. Light snow and freezing rain to the west and north yesterday. Tomorrow and Monday freezing rain, sleet, or light snow mix in the forecast.

Realize this is mild weather for many parts of the country. Problem here is hilly terrain and frozen precip do not mix well.
    11-23-2013 09:56 AM
    15 degrees of awfulness.
    11-25-2013 07:52 AM
    That's cold. Spoiled here with mid-30s and rain.
    11-25-2013 06:15 PM
    43, windy, rainy....hate it. Houston, TX. May be 29ish Thursday morning. HATE IT. I want my 95 degrees back please.
    11-25-2013 09:40 PM
    Not nice here either. My area has a Nor'Easter coming just in time for Thanksgiving.
    11-26-2013 07:11 AM
    32 and snowing.
    11-26-2013 09:57 AM
    We're expecting up to half an inch of ice later on this week. I fully expect the entire state to be shut down and Martial law implemented.

We here in the Corn Patch don't handle ice and snow very well.
    12-03-2013 09:16 AM
    We're expecting up to half an inch of ice later on this week. I fully expect the entire state to be shut down and Martial law implemented.

We here in the Corn Patch don't handle ice and snow very well.
    Damn. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees here on the weekend. Guess i'll have to get out the suntan lotion. Just lovin' Florida.
    12-03-2013 09:45 AM
    Damn. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees here on the weekend. Guess i'll have to get out the suntan lotion. Just lovin' Florida.
    It's supposed to be 65 today and almost 75 tomorrow then the excrement hits the cooling mechanism Thursday night into Friday and we all die in the frozen tundra known as the Corn Patch. My horses will be in the barn all day Thursday and Friday and quite possibly Saturday if it's still raining/icing/snowing or if we're still alive. You know how the weather people are.

It's times like this that I wished I owned a tow truck. They make their salaries for the entire year off weather like this. They're so backlogged it's usually a couple days before someone can tow a vehicle out of a ditch.
    12-03-2013 10:33 AM
    It's supposed to be 65 today and almost 75 tomorrow then the excrement hits the cooling mechanism Thursday night into Friday and we all die in the frozen tundra known as the Corn Patch. My horses will be in the barn all day Thursday and Friday and quite possibly Saturday if it's still raining/icing/snowing or if we're still alive. You know how the weather people are.

It's times like this that I wished I owned a tow truck. They make their salaries for the entire year off weather like this. They're so backlogged it's usually a couple days before someone can tow a vehicle out of a ditch.
    You're right about the tow truck. I have an uncle who lives in Minnesota, and he makes more money plowing snow in the winter, then he does all year as a bricklayer.
    12-03-2013 10:50 AM
    Another warm spell before the next potential cold rain and ice mix creeping in on Thursday through the weekend. Today it was ~ 85, and tomorrow around 80.

We came out of last weeks cold blast nicely, and it was back to shorts and light jacket/sweatshirt weather over the holiday weekend.
    12-03-2013 09:40 PM
63 123