Weather

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
We're expecting up to half an inch of ice later on this week. I fully expect the entire state to be shut down and Martial law implemented.

We here in the Corn Patch don't handle ice and snow very well.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
We're expecting up to half an inch of ice later on this week. I fully expect the entire state to be shut down and Martial law implemented.

We here in the Corn Patch don't handle ice and snow very well.

Damn. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees here on the weekend. Guess i'll have to get out the suntan lotion. Just lovin' Florida.:p

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Damn. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees here on the weekend. Guess i'll have to get out the suntan lotion. Just lovin' Florida.:p

It's supposed to be 65 today and almost 75 tomorrow then the excrement hits the cooling mechanism Thursday night into Friday and we all die in the frozen tundra known as the Corn Patch. My horses will be in the barn all day Thursday and Friday and quite possibly Saturday if it's still raining/icing/snowing or if we're still alive. You know how the weather people are. :)

It's times like this that I wished I owned a tow truck. They make their salaries for the entire year off weather like this. They're so backlogged it's usually a couple days before someone can tow a vehicle out of a ditch.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It's supposed to be 65 today and almost 75 tomorrow then the excrement hits the cooling mechanism Thursday night into Friday and we all die in the frozen tundra known as the Corn Patch. My horses will be in the barn all day Thursday and Friday and quite possibly Saturday if it's still raining/icing/snowing or if we're still alive. You know how the weather people are. :)

It's times like this that I wished I owned a tow truck. They make their salaries for the entire year off weather like this. They're so backlogged it's usually a couple days before someone can tow a vehicle out of a ditch.

You're right about the tow truck. I have an uncle who lives in Minnesota, and he makes more money plowing snow in the winter, then he does all year as a bricklayer.:p

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Another warm spell before the next potential cold rain and ice mix creeping in on Thursday through the weekend. Today it was ~ 85, and tomorrow around 80.

We came out of last weeks cold blast nicely, and it was back to shorts and light jacket/sweatshirt weather over the holiday weekend.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
^ Sounds like my weather

High today: 78
High tomorrow: 57
High Friday: 28

We're also under a winter storm watch. Welcome to the Corn Patch where you can experience all four seasons in one day.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Strange weather for me too. 50s until this weekend where they are saying we could get a frozen mix or snow or something. No one knows what's going to happen. Summer is only 6 months away! :cool:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Summer is only 6 months away! :cool:

Don't remind me. :)

I'll gladly deal with the cold rather than the heat. I can stay more comfortable in 20 degree weather than I can when it's 105 outside at 9PM and the humidity level is nearing 80%.

It's the ice I can't stand. People in the Corn Patch can barely drive on a dry sunny day let alone an icy one.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't remind me. :)

I'll gladly deal with the cold rather than the heat. I can stay more comfortable in 20 degree weather than I can when it's 105 outside at 9PM and the humidity level is nearing 80%.

It's the ice I can't stand. People in the Corn Patch can barely drive on a dry sunny day let alone an icy one.

That's about how it is for ~ 4-5 months straight around here. Temps rarely break 80 for the morning lows. Instant sweating soon as you step out the door for work in the mornings.

Ice is bad news in any part of the country. We're challenged here due to hilly terrain, and general lack of experience in driving in snowy conditions.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Woo hoo! Ice storm warning for the Corn Patch. I bet you can't find a loaf of bread, toilet paper or a gallon of milk on the shelves anywhere in a 5 county radius.

I'm not coming to work tomorrow and I'm on vacation all next week. :)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thursday night and Friday morning = sleet and light snow. Drove to work in 4 Wheel High.
Saturday morning = mid 20s. By noon today it was 60+ and I'm wearing shorts.
Sunday predicted to be in the 70s.
Then another temperature dip with chance of more freezing rain/light snow by Monday/Tuesday.
Crazy fluctuations.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Due to global warming, and the fact that warm air holds more moisture, thus creating snow, Kill Devil Hills, NC is in a 8-12 inch snow area from this latest winter storm. So remember, warm air causes snow.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Trapped in the house with the wife! We've been marathoning the show Damages (we never watched the last 2 seasons that were Netflix only), and we're making some home made chicken tortellini soup...life is good. :)

Snow is still steadily falling and the roads are all trashed and traffic is standing still every where and I'm laying here under a heated blanket...muahahaha...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The snow is coming down in Atlanta and south of Atlanta. It took me 3 hours just to drive 20 miles. It started at 12pm and it's steadily coming down. I'd hate to see rush hour traffic. I'm sorry for anyone stuck in that.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390945911.018034.jpg

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My mom left work at 12:30pm...she made it half way home about 30min. ago (last update I got from her is that she's not moving and she's about to pull over and sleep in her car at a Walmart). I'd try to help but the roads leaving Atlanta are completely blocked and clogged, and she's about 45min. away from me now, so yeah...freakin' sucks.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
We got our second dose of global warming in Kill Devil Hills. About 8 inches and it's still coming down. Remember folks, global WARMING causes snow because warm air holds more moisture.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Cold as a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg.

But at least it didn't snow much. This is all we got in the Corn Patch thank goodness.

IMG_2659.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods