Xbox One...who else is on board?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey, Sean... No... For a person of my meager budgets for gaming I can't really have any more than one console per generation. This time round I think the PS4 is the better of the two for the course of the generation so I'm going with that only.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Understandable...as far as system specs purely, Sony has always released a more resoundingly higher spec'ed machine...personally though, I highly prefer Xbox's online system (Xbox Live) vs. that on Playstation (I have both a 360 and PS3 so I used both heavily). I'll probably end up buying the PS4, but really only for the titles only available on Playstation. I can't see buying any multiplayer titles on any other system besides the Xbox One myself. I also cannot imagine PAYING for Playstation's online offering, seems kind of hilarious when I think about it really.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Understandable...as far as system specs purely, Sony has always released a more resoundingly higher spec'ed machine...personally though, I highly prefer Xbox's online system (Xbox Live) vs. that on Playstation (I have both a 360 and PS3 so I used both heavily). I'll probably end up buying the PS4, but really only for the titles only available on Playstation. I can't see buying any multiplayer titles on any other system besides the Xbox One myself. I also cannot imagine PAYING for Playstation's online offering, seems kind of hilarious when I think about it really.

What to share ur psn name

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Xbox live will always be better. That the sad truth. Everything is just better. But I still don't like xbox. I had a 360 the day it came out. But once I got my launch ps3 I never looked back. And now that dead or alive is on the ps3. I am happy and I hope it come out for the ps4

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I know, cause Xbox Live is clearly a better implementation, however as I don't go online most of the time and I like my Assassin's Creeds, and PS4 is going to be that haven of exclusive gems and indie hits alike so it's a no brainer for me.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I have the playstation 4 now and had both the 360 and ps3 from last gen and I can honestly tell you that the new psn has closed the gap as far as online multiplayer is concerned. People tend to bring last gens experience of online functionality on psn to the ps4 expecting it to be the same. It is a huge leap from last gen. There is finally a more comprehensive and cohesive online component to psn(cross game party chat, invites,etc)! Also at $50 with free games, dlc, and other content as opposed to $60 with Xbox live why on earth would you pay more for less? One also does not have to go through a paygate in order to use apps such as Netflix, YouTube, the web browser or the in game dvr functionality on Playstation network. Live streaming on the ps4 to twitch, ustream, Facebook, etc is easy and extremely satisfying. I find it funny that Microsoft being the first to reveal and advertise twitch integration with their console has failed to get live streaming to the service at launch. Thought this was interesting. Although I do consider the metacritic score for games, movies, etc to be one of the many good tools that help in my decision making process when making a purchase, this still should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, the ps4's launch lineup is proving to be better than the Xbox one's overall: http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2169811/scores_prove_ps4_launch_lineup_stronger_than_xbox_one.html

One of the best features I have experienced with the ps4 has been the huge improvements to the controller! They have added the standard 3.5mm headphone jack to the bottom of the controller instead a proprietary one like on the Xbox. I can use any standard headphones with or without a mic and be able to direct all in game audio to said headphones! Priceless!

Once again, why pay $100 more for a system that offers less? I'll most likely end up getting an Xbox one when it becomes cheaper because I love games and the exclusives are great on both consoles, but I cannot justify the Xbox one's price atm for what they offer.
For one, I enjoy the exclusives better on the play station console than the Xbox. I can count on one hand how many exclusives I enjoy on Microsofts system as opposed to the many triple A ones on sony's. Not to mention that the ps4 is a more powerful system and it's already being proven that with the resolution and graphics performance of the cross platform games like call of duty: ghosts and battlefield 4. I think the tables will turn in favor of the playstation 4 this generation.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why spend more? Because I prefer the Xbox only games (IE: Forza, Halo), and my circles are on Xbox...I prefer to play primarily with friends, not random strangers...so the Xbox works best for me, and easily justified it's cost. Also, Playstation network hasn't had changes in effect long enough to close any gap at all...we will see later next year if your comment holds up.

I'll have a PS4 as well though.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Why spend more? Because I prefer the Xbox only games (IE: Forza, Halo), and my circles are on Xbox...I prefer to play primarily with friends, not random strangers...so the Xbox works best for me, and easily justified it's cost. Also, Playstation network hasn't had changes in effect long enough to close any gap at all...we will see later next year if your comment holds up.

I'll have a PS4 as well though.

Fair enough. I don't want this thread to turn into a fanboy argument lol. You have valid points and to be honest, I wish I could afford both consoles.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, I don't know anyone that pays $60 for XBL...I pay $35-$40/year AT MOST. With all the free benefits as well.

Bottom line, just like iPhone, it's "the best" for some, not for others...both systems are fantastic.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, I don't know anyone that pays $60 for XBL...I pay $35-$40/year AT MOST. With all the free benefits as well.

Bottom line, just like iPhone, it's "the best" for some, not for others...both systems are fantastic.

Well, 40 dollars a year just to play online for Xbox Live, as opposed to having free games to download on PSN plus?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, 40 dollars a year just to play online for Xbox Live, as opposed to having free games to download on PSN plus?

You got tons of free features (including free GAMES) on XBL throughout the year...you're definitely not just paying for the ability to play online. And then there's the XBL Arcade, chalk full of free or cheap games that can be played online...many of which use your XBL Avatar directly in the game (similarly to the way the Wii/Wii U implements the Mii's into games).

People try to argue that you get more with PSN than you do with XBL. Now you have to pay for BOTH to enjoy the full benefits...and looking across the spectrum of both systems and what you get for your money every month, I don't see a huge difference in "features", but I do still see a very dramatically different gaming experience. Playstation is certainly getting better at this, but it's just not there yet. Time will tell how they further develop and polish the gaming experience online, but right now, I'm more than happy to pay for XBL for the experience I'm used to...we've been party chatting for years! ;)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You got tons of free features (including free GAMES) on XBL throughout the year...you're definitely not just paying for the ability to play online. And then there's the XBL Arcade, chalk full of free or cheap games that can be played online...many of which use your XBL Avatar directly in the game (similarly to the way the Wii/Wii U implements the Mii's into games).

People try to argue that you get more with PSN than you do with XBL. Now you have to pay for BOTH to enjoy the full benefits...and looking across the spectrum of both systems and what you get for your money every month, I don't see a huge difference in "features", but I do still see a very dramatically different gaming experience. Playstation is certainly getting better at this, but it's just not there yet. Time will tell how they further develop and polish the gaming experience online, but right now, I'm more than happy to pay for XBL for the experience I'm used to...we've been party chatting for years! ;)

I think with the PS3, for much of that generation, we can see PSN playing catch up to Xbox Live's dominance. So I certainly agree, PSN has alot of ground to make up if it is to overtake Xbox Live.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think with the PS3, for much of that generation, we can see PSN playing catch up to Xbox Live's dominance. So I certainly agree, PSN has alot of ground to make up if it is to overtake Xbox Live.

I think it will mainly just level out...leaving neither dominant over each other. I'm really hoping at that point, we see cross-platform online multiplayer support (though I know that is wishful thinking, lol).

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it will mainly just level out...leaving neither dominant over each other. I'm really hoping at that point, we see cross-platform online multiplayer support (though I know that is wishful thinking, lol).

I've been wishing that for a long time as well. Would love to play battlefield or cod on my playstation with people on their Xbox.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well, one could always dream...

For me, I don't play much multiplayer, and for the few I do play there have usually more than enough players out there.. Games like Call of Duty come to mind.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner