Investing in AAPL: A smart long term play?

Do you think AAPL is a smart long term investment?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I dabble in the markets from time to time, and exclusively invest in companies I know, and believe in. Through the years, AAPL has been a particularly profitable stock for me and many shareholders.

That said, I want to know from YOU, do you think AAPL is a smart play for the long term? Where do you see the company/stock heading in the next year? 5 years? Beyond? Do they have the necessary leadership, expertise and drive to make things happen? Go ahead and vote in the poll above and let me know why you think (or think NOT) that AAPL is a smart long term investment.

Note: At the time of this post, AAPL was trading at $520.29/share on the NASDAQ.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about long term, however, I think over the next year that the stock will go up in price. Once China Mobile starts selling iPhones, I believe that will be a catalyst for the stock. As well, if Apple does introduce something along the lines of an iwatch, and it is good, then that might be another catalyst.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought shares when they were 85/share and that is not even their lowest point. When you look at the value of the stock now that is an amazing change. Right now it's not as amazing of an investment becasue it is already at a very high point. The high was $700 and right now it's a little over 500. So can it get back to 700? can it go beyond. If it can then even now it would be a great buy because 200 per share or above is an amazing oppurtunity. I think the stock will go higher, it wont happen over night and it's not going to happen until the makets calm down and get off Apple's back. If you look at the things Apple has done and the fact that they impliment things in ways people can't even imagine. You look at something they buy and you think they are going to do a fingerprint scanner. They do it but in such a way so smoothe that even though you knew they would you probably didn't know how they would. So the idea of wearable tech, an Apple HD TV and whatever else they do I think no one has any idea how much more they have up their sleeves. So like the devices the stocks are a long term play. You never lose or gain with stocks until you sell. So when there are changes in the stock price if as an investor you just remain calm there wont be a problem.

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Although Apple stock is quite expensive right now, if you dollar cost average your stock purchases and extend your investing across a variety of companies and maintain a consistent strategy (one that fits your own goals), you will do far better than the vast majority of the public.

I urge you to do your own investing. I've never cared for allowing others to make personal investing decisions for me and it's well worth your time to make your own mistakes and learn, starting small and working your way up to larger chunks of money (but never an amount that would ruin you if you lost it).

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
No.

Look at their run up. It's been hit after hit. iMac, OS X, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, App Store, iPad. Holy OMFG. These are not just good products- I mean each product revolutionized the industry they were in. It is absolutely remarkable what they have done. But it can't go on forever.

I'm in qqq- the nasdaq etf. I have my AAPL exposure there.
If I had aapl at $90, $100, or even $200, I'd do one of the following
1) if I think the good times are over, cash out now and put it into qqq

2) if I think aapl is laying low before they open up whoop *** 2.0, cash out 50% of my position and throw it into qqq, then set a limit order to sell the remainder at $400.

I don't want to get too greedy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh