any really smart tech savvy people on here?

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to trace an account that is a pinger number? I was meeting someone tonight to sell my phone and the guy robbed me, I called the police and they are "looking around" but I'm sure it will be as successful as the last time I was robbed. I had already wiped my phone so find my iPhone is probably a lost cause I'm sure. Is there anything else I can do or is pretty much a lost cause? Thanks for any input

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Did you have find my iPhone turned on? You can login to your iCloud account and lock/wipe the phone and see where it is located. With iOS 7 find my iPhone cannot be disabled without your AppleID password.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to trace an account that is a pinger number? I was meeting someone tonight to sell my phone and the guy robbed me, I called the police and they are "looking around" but I'm sure it will be as successful as the last time I was robbed. I had already wiped my phone so find my iPhone is probably a lost cause I'm sure. Is there anything else I can do or is pretty much a lost cause? Thanks for any input

If you've been victimized twice, you need to be better prepared. Self defense classes would help, but i would argue for the old stand-by. Take some pistol classes, learn how to shoot, get a full-carry permit, and arm yourself. :yes:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you were told this, but stop going alone to do deals. IF you ever do this again, go to the carrier store next time, copy all the info like serials, text it to a floor model or email to yourself. So that way you can tell the carrier that phone was stolen and they can do something about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro