If you had one time machine travel...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you were given one trip back in time what one thing would you change in your life?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I always thought it was an interesting question because there's always the "If I had known...". There's one thing that quickly comes to mind for me. Sometime in 2000 I bought a couple shares of Apple for $85/share. I would go back to that day and beg, sell and borrow to get as much money together so I could buy as many shares as possible. This was one of my if I only knew moments.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The morning of the big powerball lottery.

Seriously. LOL! I really have nothing I would want to go back and change...and at the risk of actually changing a substantial event in history, I would not want to go back and experience something major (like the birth of Christ or 9/11 or anything like that) because I know, by nature, I would not be able to simply be a quiet observer.

So at the risk of being called selfish and narrow minded, I'd go back to the last day Mega Millions had no winners (Tuesday night, right?), and I would play it with the winning numbers and allow life to carry on with riches to hopefully help my family and friends as much as possible (and obviously enjoy it myself, lol). That way, nothing in the past is changed, and the future hasn't happened yet so screw it, who cares right?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The idea of time traveling into the past has numerous conceptual difficulties.

I would go back to 1980 something!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Seriously. LOL! I really have nothing I would want to go back and change...and at the risk of actually changing a substantial event in history, I would not want to go back and experience something major (like the birth of Christ or 9/11 or anything like that) because I know, by nature, I would not be able to simply be a quiet observer.

So at the risk of being called selfish and narrow minded, I'd go back to the last day Mega Millions had no winners (Tuesday night, right?), and I would play it with the winning numbers and allow life to carry on with riches to hopefully help my family and friends as much as possible (and obviously enjoy it myself, lol). That way, nothing in the past is changed, and the future hasn't happened yet so screw it, who cares right?

I think this way too. I think of all the big tragedies but then I think about whether my one change would then alter things in a worst way. The whole concept of time is such an interesting one. I guess that's why it's a staple of books and movies.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Nothing substantial, I think as I believe everything happens for a reason. However, I might say or do things differently, knowing what I now know in hindsight.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
This is easy. Well not really. I could go back in time to 1995 and dump everything in Apple stock. Or I could go back in time to 1992 and NOT sell my Colt Python .357.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro