Black Friday at Blackberry

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check your favorite News/Finance news web site(s) for complete details... and there's MN sister site crackberry for discussion...

Or for those who don't want to read: prelim Q2 financials and business plans came out... it's ugly. 4,500 layoffs - losses approaching $1 billion...

Maybe Apple should buy BBRY now while the stock is tanking...

oh wait, Apple is a steaming bucket of fail for iOS7 and today's failed product launches (/sarcasm)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Check your favorite News/Finance news web site(s) for complete details... and there's MN sister site crackberry for discussion...

Or for those who don't want to read: prelim Q2 financials and business plans came out... it's ugly. 4,500 layoffs - losses approaching $1 billion...

Maybe Apple should buy BBRY now while the stock is tanking...

oh wait, Apple is a steaming bucket of fail for iOS7 and today's failed product launches (/sarcasm)

I can't see a BB fanboy going out to buy an AppleBerry. That's just too much crow to eat, for anyone. HaHa.:p

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
yeah so if apple does buy out bb what does that mean for the products?

There WERE some rumors of Microsoft buying them, and that makes a LITTLE bit of sense, but Apple would not be a good fit, I just don't see that happening. And like Keith posted in post #3, Fairfax (aka Prem Watsa) is buying them. It's all but a done deal.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Whatever happens to BlackBerry, they deserve it!!! The fanboys there are egotistical, smug, and downright rude. Mike L., took the money and ran, and i believe that, given the chance, he'll do it again. I wish that i could get paid for not having any vision. I'd love to run a promising company into the ground, and get paid for it, too.:rolleyes:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Whatever happens to BlackBerry, they deserve it!!! The fanboys there are egotistical, smug, and downright rude. Mike L., took the money and ran, and i believe that, given the chance, he'll do it again. I wish that i could get paid for not having any vision. I'd love to run a promising company into the ground, and get paid for it, too.:rolleyes:

Cynical much? ;)

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My first smart phone was a Blackberry but,then I got the Droid, then the 4s, and now the 5s.... I think it's called personal evolution..

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I suppose no company should take success for granted and always work to innovate. I know Apple was on the verge of collapse at one point, though I don't know if there were any similarities between Apple then and Blackberry now.

Still, if someone told me that Microsoft, Apple, Google, or Samsung would go bankrupt or bought by another company in the next 5 years, I would find it hard, but not impossible, to believe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2