Microsoft buys and licenses the parts of Nokia mobile that matter, but will it make any difference? | iMore

I want to know what happens with Navteq... Nokia owns/operates it separately...
    09-03-2013 12:06 AM
    I suppose now M$ can be in full control of their mobile destiny with the Surface and now Nokia phones under their roof. Not sure if ultimately it'll make a difference. This move may in fact cause some issues with Microsoft as they're probably better off as a horizontal company rather than a vertical one.
    09-03-2013 01:21 AM
    I suppose now M$ can be in full control of their mobile destiny with the Surface and now Nokia phones under their roof. Not sure if ultimately it'll make a difference. This move may in fact cause some issues with Microsoft as they're probably better off as a horizontal company rather than a vertical one.
    I have a feeling it will hurt BlackBerry more than anything else. We'll have Apple/iPhone, Google/Motorola, and Microsoft/Nokia. It will be awfully hard for BlackBerry to compete with those three juggernauts.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    09-03-2013 02:43 AM
    I have a feeling it will hurt BlackBerry more than anything else. We'll have Apple/iPhone, Google/Motorola, and Microsoft/Nokia. It will be awfully hard for BlackBerry to compete with those three juggernauts.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    Indeed, this move by Microsoft combined with BlackBerry's woes, solidifies the number 3 spot for them. I'm sure those "strategic alternatives" meetings in Waterloo just got a little more interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-03-2013 10:20 AM
    A crazy question.. But will this be better for Nokia.....I have an ancient Nokia.
    09-06-2013 10:06 PM