Just read an interesting article stating how including the "Sent from my iPhone" Email signature might actually be helping you out.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Bianca Bosker: Why I Include 'Sent From My iPhone' -- Even When It's Not
    06-30-2013 09:08 AM
    The author forgets that most mail clients let one check how the sender really sent the message. If I check using Outlook or Thunderbird and see that person didn't use a mobile device, I'll know he/she lies.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2013 04:39 PM
    The author forgets that most mail clients let one check how the sender really sent the message. If I check using Outlook or Thunderbird and see that person didn't use a mobile device, I'll know he/she lies.

That's true, but at the same time, how many people (especially higher level bosses/executives) who have busy schedules are actually going to go through that trouble? Chances are they'll read the message, reply if they have to, and move on.

With that being said, it's not a risk I'd personally be willing to take.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2013 05:42 PM
    That's true, but at the same time, how many people (especially higher level bosses/executives) who have busy schedules are actually going to go through that trouble? Chances are they'll read the message, reply if they have to, and move on.

With that being said, it's not a risk I'd personally be willing to take.

I agree with you that most people will not check. I've typically only checked when I've received emails with weird formatting.

I'm the same as you, though. I don't use the mobile device signature anywhere except on my mobile device.

Back when I used a BlackBerry on AT&T, AT&T was slow. My mobile email signature was "Sent via the AT&T carrier pigeon using my BlackBerry".

AT&T isn't slow now. I have LTE here.

07-01-2013 06:01 PM
    I LOL after reading this comment in that article...... "Lying to deflect responsibility for one's errors and incompetance."

I wonder if the person who posted that realized he/she spelled "Incompetence" wrong......
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2013 09:50 PM
    I LOL after reading this comment in that article...... "Lying to deflect responsibility for one's errors and incompetance."

I wonder if the person who posted that realized he/she spelled "Incompetence" wrong......
    Ha! That's HuffPost for ya...
    07-02-2013 07:37 AM
    that was pretty interesting never even thought about that angle. I would never do that because I hate using anything stock so I would never use the "sent from ...." although I do use signatures to distinguish between using Outlook/Mail on my computer and when I'm on my mobile. I customize it to my preference to be witty but it also relays the message that I'm on my mobile because I'm not in the office. So if I answer the person usually feels that I have put some extra importance in the matter. The downside of adding that signature is that once you answer some will take that to mean that you are always available because you answer from your mobile device. So it might be harder to just not answer messages.
    07-02-2013 12:51 PM
    Whenever I see "Sent from my iPhone" I laugh and wonder if it's worth teaching the sender how to change it. I have custom sigs for all my email accounts.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-02-2013 06:45 PM
    I'm probably in the minority, but I've always thought those 'sent from my iThing' signatures a little elitist, so I just put the one device-agnostic signature on all my email.
    07-20-2013 10:44 PM