The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

OMG I am so ticked off right now. It's 12:30pm EST and he's still not here. We called and they said that we are next and he should be here soon. Soon is a relative term...does it mean he will be here soon as in within the hour, or soon as in sometime today? Ugh.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

OMG I am so ticked off right now. It's 12:30pm EST and he's still not here. We called and they said that we are next and he should be here soon. Soon is a relative term...does it mean he will be here soon as in within the hour, or soon as in sometime today? Ugh.
That's terrible. :(

I had issues like that around 10 years ago with the cable guy, but I hoped they were more reliable now.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

That is terrible!

Sent from a Unknown Galaxy

Last edited:

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Just called DirecTV again and it turns out the original guy's job was taking longer than expected so they are sending out another guy. It's now 1:50p. They expect him here by 2:15p. When I called to complain, they didn't even try to make excuses. We have a $50 credit for our inconvenience. :biggrin:. We had Cablevision years ago and they were the worst. We have never had any issues like this with DirecTV.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Just called DirecTV again and it turns out the original guy's job was taking longer than expected so they are sending out another guy. It's now 1:50p. They expect him here by 2:15p. When I called to complain, they didn't even try to make excuses. We have a $50 credit for our inconvenience. :biggrin:. We had Cablevision years ago and they were the worst. We have never had any issues like this with DirecTV.

That's good it's getting worked out. And the 50$ credit isn't bad either :thumbup:

Sent from a Unknown Galaxy

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Janey, I'm sorry you're having issues today. Hopefully, they will be there soon.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Very unfortunate and nobody likes to be waiting but you do at least have a credit on your next bill and not to sound on anybodies side but things happen at times that are beyond the scope of some tech trying to do the best he can for the one who was before you so hence running late. They are sending somebody else, the first guy wants to do his best and maybe ran into a problem. Sounds like they are doing everything for you and i know you appreciate that don't you? Just like if it were on the other side. Life is too short to get upset over TV? There are way to may things in life to be upset over, Not this Janey. What do you think if you consider it for a few moments. Don't let this ruin your weekend.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Good evening all. Hope you are watching this great SEC Championship game going on right now and hope that everyone has a great weekend as I plan to do. Life is short. Make the best of what we have to live for.:)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Good evening all. Hope you are watching this great SEC Championship game going on right now and hope that everyone has a great weekend as I plan to do. Life is short. Make the best of what we have to live for.:)

Let's go Mizzou!!

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Hello iMore team 20k. A quick hello from vacation.

Leaving to drive home at 2am to try and beat the snow. Wish me luck :)

Fit where in VA are you?

I'm in the Hampton Roads area... Virginia Beach. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Good evening! I'm relaxing and unwinding after a long day at the track. First meet of the indoor season. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm setting up a few little Christmas houses. I try and remember why I do this?? Lol