The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Thats good. So you survived your first day with less posting on imore lol. How was it? That really sucks that they blocked the site at your job.

Tapatalking from my Galaxy S IV
It was weird to tell you the truth when you are in a routine no different than I am with my job. I sorta got over it because there was nothing I could do about it.
The sad thing is that they blocked such an innocent site and not once have I ever missed a beat at all of the jobs given to me or what I am responsible for doing at work I should so.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Jag, try something like LogMeIn running at home. Then you can use a regular browser over port 80 and remote into your home pc. From there you can surf iMore to your hearts content :)
bamf I might consider it as I actually just off the phone with a friend i was talking to him about the same thing. It is still going around their firewall and server to do it and I don't know if i want to get nailed at that you know what I mean? I will weigh it and do the best I think.
1000 more likes!! we can do it :)

Yeh we have less that 1000 likes to hit 20K which i think is amazing guys. Lets get into it and knock that out and get Lizzie or Wendy or both to come up with a special something that all of us can download and keep as a momento.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

It was weird to tell you the truth when you are in a routine no different than I am with my job. I sorta got over it because there was nothing I could do about it.
The sad thing is that they blocked such an innocent site and not once have I ever missed a beat at all of the jobs given to me or what I am responsible for doing at work I should so.

Yeah I understand. Hey what can you do but find a work around ya know? Bamf and pk gave some good suggestions too that I wouod check out :)

Tapatalking from my Galaxy S IV

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

I need to share a few things with the regulars and my friends of 20K although this deals more with my Volunteer position more than anything so with that....It seems today our wonderful IT dept of 1 decided to shut down and lock out many websites through our server and one is iMore. The funny thing is i was signed on all day today and usually stay signed on from Morning until l go home and do my Volunteer forum work in the AM and through out the day as i see fir every few hours. That is really going to change and i am not going to use the iMore forum app or Tapatalk for other reasons.

The only reason I am letting you know this is so that if you don't see me do what i like to do in here every morning and say good morning and have a few mins of fun before I actually work my real job, You will know why and not wonder where I am but it is just one of those things. As far as my role with iMore, I will work that out between my team leader and evening hours. Nothing will change how I do my job and the capacity and desire to do it and if anybody knows me you know that won't change.

I am only sorry that I will not be able to see and participate in 20K in the hours I have become use to and will is it. I know there are many capable people here to keep it going in the day time hours and there are a few that i don't need to name that. knows how to reach me when needed or to just say hello. Sorry to all you guys but keep that coffee and breakfast coming and somebody pleaseeeeeeeeeee send me my morning cup of coffee through iMessage....:yes::rotfl:

Anyway I care very much for each and everyone of you and hopefully it might be temporary but doubt it. See you all around you can count on that.

PS This IT guy did not lock down CB or AC but even though I can get onto those sites and passport login the link to imore is broken and because it has been locked out by the web address so i had thought of that and even using tipb but the redirector takes it right to iMore which is locked. :crying:

:big-hug: Jag -- that really sucks. I hope you can get a work-around so you can come on iMore when you need to.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I use LogMeIn all the time to get to machines. It is how I trouble shoot all my friends and families issues.

You are not circumventing the company firewall, because you are not doing any of the surfing on their interwebz. The remote session is established to the pc at home then everything is run from there.

another, more costly option is pick up a WiFi hotspot and use that through out the day when you want to connect back to iMore or any other sites you might want to visit.

Are you using a company provided machine or BYOD?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I use LogMeIn all the time to get to machines. It is how I trouble shoot all my friends and families issues.

You are not circumventing the company firewall, because you are not doing any of the surfing on their interwebz. The remote session is established to the pc at home then everything is run from there.

another, more costly option is pick up a WiFi hotspot and use that through out the day when you want to connect back to iMore or any other sites you might want to visit.

Company PC and the first part of your comments might have some merit that I might give closer thought to. I will think about it over the weekend when i am off and let you know what i decided to do.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

The one thing is we all know and I even knew about logmein before is what is morally right for me at work with my job, length of time there ( 7 Years) and other things to think about that i don't want to throw away. had a long chat a while ago with another old MN friend from one of our other forums that give me something to think about or not over think so to speak so we shall see.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Good question re BYOD. If so, no-one can say anything about what you do on your own time.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Even with a BYOD solution you are still connecting to the company backbone. Some companies, like mine, have a guest VLAN so all non trusted machines can only get to the interwebz. They still filter traffic on the VLAN but not as strictly as internally.

Jag, let me know if you need any help with LogMeIn, if that is a way you want to go. You could also talk to the IT guy and ask if you can use LogMeIn to connect to your home PC from time to time if your family needs some kind of connectivity help at home. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well everyone first of all before I head off for the night I want to thank everyone who cared to post their thoughts towards me as well as their concern about options to get around this situation that I am sure we have all had at our jobs. In the end I have to ask what is truly important, my job or my position at iMore... The one thing i do know after our Ambassador stats came outthat were sent to all of us by our team leader on how we are graded on our job, I am solidified and know that I have nothing to worry about here. Being bummed at work is something different that I will either get over or try some advice and that we will see.
No matter what we are closing on 20K lokies and continue to be the strongest thread on iMore in the length of time I started this, the great people that come here and contribute who are some of the best i ever ever met in all my time being a MN member and iMore member..

Le't all stay together my friends and fellow Ambassadors to make this the best damn thread at iMore and MNs period.

I am going to need a strong cup of coffee tomorrow morning whoever gets in early so let me know and send it to me at j.morris08@icloud.com so again thank you all for thinking about me.

I am not going anywhere, just might be posting during the week a bit less. The email for anyone who ever wants to say hello or needs me for something and that means anyone here that knows me.

​Peace out and until tomorrow. Good night!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

@lizzie sorry i missed you tonight and say hi when you can, You know how to reach me and say hello to Wendy as well.:)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Night Jag... I will be happy to be here with you in the early morning and evening :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Even with a BYOD solution you are still connecting to the company backbone. Some companies, like mine, have a guest VLAN so all non trusted machines can only get to the interwebz. They still filter traffic on the VLAN but not as strictly as internally
We do to a point bamf and I do connect to a locked down Router for my iPhone only.

Jag, let me know if you need any help with LogMeIn, if that is a way you want to go. You could also talk to the IT guy and ask if you can use LogMeIn to connect to your home PC from time to time if your family needs some kind of connectivity help at home. :)
I will bamf, I was reading a bit about it on their website but will read more about it over the weekend and might even create an account and install it on my PC at home knowing I don' have to on my work PC, I will talk to you about it though so thank you.