The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Well IMAp is supposed to make getting to email on diffrent devices easier so if you are trying to get to the email on your iPhone and desktop this should work. Try these instructions Elizabeth. This should help if you have outlook 2010.

http://donet.com/switch-from-pop-to-imap-outlook-2010-2/

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Thanks Rellskie. I will look at the instructions and goal today lol amongst other things is to accomplish that!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

No one wants to jump in on my POP IMAP question? Sniffle sniffle....

Today we go roller skate shopping :) Both kids want skates for their birthdays.

As far as IMAP or POP... Do you want a sync type setup or a download type setup? If you are only using one device to check mail and will not have a need to go to the website or a different machine then POP is a cleaner way. Less duplicates etc. IMAP is a more robust sync protocol though.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

As far as IMAP or POP... Do you want a sync type setup or a download type setup? If you are only using one device to check mail and will not have a need to go to the website or a different machine then POP is a cleaner way. Less duplicates etc. IMAP is a more robust sync protocol though.

I use multiple machines to check this particular email. All was good until I checked it thru an old version of outlook when I was at a far far away location LOL... Since then I lost my calendar contacts etc. isn't POP the issue then?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes I want to sync
I lost the calendar contacts on my phone. On PC life is good unless I have checked email on phone first

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I use multiple machines to check this particular email. All was good until I checked it thru an old version of outlook when I was at a far far away location LOL... Since then I lost my calendar contacts etc. isn't POP the issue then?

Yep sounds like the machine you checked on was set up as a POP account. POPs behavior is to download not sync, so it pulled all your data down off the server.

What Mac Apps are must haves?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Yep sounds like the machine you checked on was set up as a POP account. POPs behavior is to download not sync, so it pulled all your data down off the server.

What Mac Apps are must haves?

You lost me on the Mac Apps. I'm using windows 7😄

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Lol bet that wasn't for me?!!! Lol should have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and I would have known that!! LOL

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well guys i am getting very busy at work and have see all of you on here and am sorry I could not chime in. Have to go but hope all of you have a great day and I wish I could help Elizabeth but no time. Enjoy yourselves and talk to you later this evening I hope....:):cool:

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Lol bet that wasn't for me?!!! Lol should have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and I would have known that!! LOL

The Mac Apps was for all of Club 20k

Well guys i am getting very busy at work and have see all of you on here and am sorry I could not chime in. Have to go but hope all of you have a great day and I wish I could help Elizabeth but no time. Enjoy yourselves and talk to you later this evening I hope....:):cool:

Have a good day at work. We will talk to you later on.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

It's ok Jag! I'm not going to try this till tonight. I totally know where you are coming from...see you at ice cream

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

It's storming here in south Louisiana. My siblings and I are currently stationed in the waiting room of a local hospital as we took my step father off of life support this morning to honor his wishes. We are down to the long waiting game right now. I've done this a few different times now and it doesn't get any easier. I hope everyone is having a good day.

My birthday is tomorrow, so hopefully it doesn't turn bittersweet for years to come.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

It's storming here in south Louisiana. My siblings and I are currently stationed in the waiting room of a local hospital as we took my step father off of life support this morning to honor his wishes. We are down to the long waiting game right now. I've done this a few different times now and it doesn't get any easier. I hope everyone is having a good day.

My birthday is tomorrow, so hopefully it doesn't turn bittersweet for years to come.

Oh man I'm really sorry to hear that crude berry. I know its not easy but I wish you strength and my thoughts are with you buddy. I also hope you try to enjoy your B-day tomorrow.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Whoa, a rough moment, but I want you know that honoring his wishes are hard, but respectful. This cannot dampen the sting of impending loss, but stand strong, for I believe he would want you to. :(

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Thank you Rell and BK. . Your thoughts are very much appreciated. I feel a lot better about everything now that they removed the tube from his throat and he was able to speak. He was completely lucid, knew what was going on and requested family to visit first and only my mom to be in the room when he passed. He was sad about the situation but stood by his wishes. Once that became known, I'm a lot better now. He and my mom began dating when I was 2 so he has been around with me for 29 years, always treated me like I was his own, and was a genuine stand up guy. We had our differences but always worked them out, and I have great respect for him. I know this is long and I'm sorry for it in just talking out my thoughts.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Damn, forgot my roller blades to bring to camp...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen