The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

My experience this morning with Siri is a perfect example of why Apple needs to work on and perfect Siri. I tried to do a very simple thing and it just turned into a frustrating mess and after 5 times I just gave up. I'm walking to work I remembered that I left the garage light on and my wife goes to work later than I do so I know she was still home. It's a perfect oppurtunity to use Siri to do something as simple as sending a text message. I've asked Siri to "call my wife" and she knows which contact it is. So I said "send a text message to my wife", Siri says she doesn't have a contact who would I like to send the message to. Frustrated I say my wife's name, Siri updates the message with my wife's name in it I have no idea who it's sending the message. So I cancel and start over this time I speak slower but again it doesn't know who my wife is, after 4 attempts I just cancel it and walk to work. Something so simple turned into a frustrating mess and it's things like that which could make Siri so usefull but people get such a bad experience they don't use it again.

All of these revolutionary features have their moments. I've gotten some odd results from S Voice, also, but most of the time I've used it, it worked.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Of course, I must enunciate sans accent, it tends to get hinky if I speak in drawl.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Not sure what you mean? Lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

What I mean is Siri and Google's version haven't been out forever so while it's not a 1.0 product it's still kind of in the early stages lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Looks good on your lockscreen! Did you see iron man 3 yet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Noooo :crying: we're hoping this Friday will work. First they were calling for rain but now they are saying no rain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

What I mean is Siri and Google's version haven't been out forever so while it's not a 1.0 product it's still kind of in the early stages lol

I figured that. Hey its no harm in clarifying right? LOL, Anyhoo, yeah i think both will get better. They are not bad now, just not consistent enough to use everyday in my opinion.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Noooo :crying: we're hoping this Friday will work. First they were calling for rain but now they are saying no rain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

Oh No! Hopefully the weather holds up for you :cool:

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Ahh, finally stopped for lunchtime! Chicken fajitas should hit the spot nicely!

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I figured that. Hey its no harm in clarifying right? LOL, Anyhoo, yeah i think both will get better. They are not bad now, just not consistent enough to use everyday in my opinion.

I've noticed that S Voice is improving as I use it, and the voice to text app is getting better all the time.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

And Wichita Falls has some pretty decent LTE, as I'm in the restaurant with 5 bars of signal.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

And Wichita Falls has some pretty decent LTE, as I'm in the restaurant with 5 bars of signal.

Speaking of 4G, Its pretty fast! I was browsing on chrome this morning on my s4 and i was getting to those web pages quick. Now i see why people were so hype on it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Speaking of 4G, Its pretty fast! I was browsing on chrome this morning on my s4 and i was getting to those web pages quick. Now i see why people were so hype on it.

lol I never had data on any of my iPhone's until the 5 and when I go from LTE to 3G I'm like :confused: how the hell did people use 3G? it's unbearable once you've had LTE

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

My experience this morning with Siri is a perfect example of why Apple needs to work on and perfect Siri. I tried to do a very simple thing and it just turned into a frustrating mess and after 5 times I just gave up. I'm walking to work I remembered that I left the garage light on and my wife goes to work later than I do so I know she was still home. It's a perfect oppurtunity to use Siri to do something as simple as sending a text message. I've asked Siri to "call my wife" and she knows which contact it is. So I said "send a text message to my wife", Siri says she doesn't have a contact who would I like to send the message to. Frustrated I say my wife's name, Siri updates the message with my wife's name in it I have no idea who it's sending the message. So I cancel and start over this time I speak slower but again it doesn't know who my wife is, after 4 attempts I just cancel it and walk to work. Something so simple turned into a frustrating mess and it's things like that which could make Siri so usefull but people get such a bad experience they don't use it again.
Ricky I am not saying you but many people will have like wife for their wifes name or something like wifey right with ALL their contact info so either way if you have that and not their name then all you have to do is skip what you did and say......Send text message to wife or wifey. It will bring her up and ask you want you want to say. i do it all the time with friends if I don't wantto type or can't because I might be in the car.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't know too much about Chia seeds I use ground flaxseed in everything thought it has natural monounsaturated fats.
It is but look up Cia seeds and i will tell you how to use them later...way higher then ground flax believe it or not. I use both but take the Chia seeds (tablespoon in a small container) to work and throw it in my greek yogurt I have every day.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I jump whenever that alert goes off. It is something a really appreciate.
I heard it more times today than ever before and it really throws you back when you are not expecting it but it damn sure works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR