The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Thats great! I love when a phone gets regular updates. That's one of the reasons why i picked the s4. I know they have a better chance of receiving a update quicker than other phone makers.

And this is on the s3 right?

Tapatalking using my iphone

Yes, 4 updates over about a six month time frame. I had the Photon from March to November, it got one. And here over a year later, my son is using it, and one is all it got.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

The wife will be getting the iPhone 5 when the contract is up in Sept. I gave her my iPhone 4, when i got the SGSIII, and she loves it. It's been a while, but i guess that i'll have to start reading up on all the iPhone 5 features. I guess that i made an iPhone convert, without really trying. HaHa. It's all good, because i enjoy this forum.:p

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

By the way, you should be able to go reverse contrast on the tab, from the browser, Menu> Settings> Accessibility> scroll down to Reverse Rendering. This is less disturbing to my wife at night, too.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, 4 updates over about a six month time frame. I had the Photon from March to November, it got one. And here over a year later, my son is using it, and one is all it got.

That's good. Samsung is pretty much running the android system so they are a Priority. My asus tablet was great on getting 4.2 quickly. I think it got updated that same day it was announced. Asus is really good about updating their devices as well.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

By the way, you should be able to go reverse contrast on the tab, from the browser, Menu> Settings> Accessibility> scroll down to Reverse Rendering. This is less disturbing to my wife at night, too.

I will try this soon as I get home. Thanks Berger!

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Sad thing is, it had the specs solid enough to at least get an ICS update, but Motorola is notorious for getting pathetic updates, especially on Sprint. I hear VZW customers gripe about it, too.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Sad thing is, it had the specs solid enough to at least get an ICS update, but Motorola is notorious for getting pathetic updates, especially on Sprint. I hear VZW customers gripe about it, too.

I got tired of waiting for my updates from AT&T, so i rooted my SGSIII. Running 4.2.2, and couldn't be happier.:p

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

The wife will be getting the iPhone 5 when the contract is up in Sept. I gave her my iPhone 4, when i got the SGSIII, and she loves it. It's been a while, but i guess that i'll have to start reading up on all the iPhone 5 features. I guess that i made an iPhone convert, without really trying. HaHa. It's all good, because i enjoy this forum.:p

She can't go wrong with the iPhone 5. It really is a nice phone. I was also surprised to see how light it is compared to the 4/4s.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Thats great! I love when a phone gets regular updates. That's one of the reasons why i picked the s4. I know they have a better chance of receiving a update quicker than other phone makers.

And this is on the s3 right?

Rellskie the updates on the iPhone have been soo easy compared to the Blackberry....at least I think so.
I have heard that the updated for the android phone are quite smooth too. Isn't there something about each carrier releasing the updates for the Android OS? I could be mistaken. I still done have a jail break on my i5 yet boo hoo still waiting. Mine came with 6.13 and since there was no jail break I went to the 6.14 now.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Rellskie the updates on the iPhone have been soo easy compared to the Blackberry....at least I think so.
I have heard that the updated for the android phone are quite smooth too. Isn't there something about each carrier releasing the updates for the Android OS? I could be mistaken. I still done have a jail break on my i5 yet boo hoo still waiting. Mine came with 6.13 and since there was no jail break I went to the 6.14 now.

Yeah you are right Elizabeth the iPhone updates have been easier than the bb. To me, it was a P.i.t.a.

I do think the updates on android have something to do with the carrier. Im not really sure, but I do remember reading something about that a while back.

You should try to jailbreak your phone Elizabeth. Its really fun to customize it the way you want.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah you are right Elizabeth the iPhone updates have been easier than the bb. To me, it was a P.i.t.a.

I do think the updates on android have something to do with the carrier. Im not really sure, but I do remember reading something about that a while back.

You should try to jailbreak your phone Elizabeth. Its really fun to customize it the way you want.

There isn't a jail break out yet for what I have. I think it's only up to the 6.12

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Sad news about Jean Stapleton. When Ed O'Neill passes, i'll be truly crushed. My all time favorite show was "All in The Family". The Bundys rocked!!!:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh