The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Thanks middbrew!

On your s3 it shows just the android smiley right? That confused me at first too. It just shows it in a droid version instead of the regular smiley.

Tapatalking using my iphone

I get Android smileys in text messages, but that is the extent of it, so far.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

It's one I truly enjoy, surprisingly enough, and with the speed it has, I can really amp up my game when I have the time.

Plus it really is a nice phone. That screen is amazing! At first I was reluctant to get a 5 inch phone, but it really comes in handy on games and videos.

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

On my transformer tablet. It's a android device. I'm using my iphone now

What OS are you using on your droid? I have Nook Color I use as a backup (I have a BB PlayBook as my main tab). I'm going to load ICS on it.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

And as for upgrading in short order, I have my account set to roll over at least two phones a year. So I can upgrade again in November, the boys are really longing to get the S3s as soon as we upgrade again.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Plus it really is a nice phone. That screen is amazing! At first I was reluctant to get a 5 inch phone, but it really comes in handy on games and videos.

I upgraded from a BB Style to a 4.3" Motorola Photon, then to the 4.8" S3,and I've had no problems with the transition. I hear 'it's too big' (TWSS) all the time, but i have the same size hands as my wife and she has no real issue with it, either.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

What OS are you using on your droid? I have Nook Color I use as a backup (I have a BB PlayBook as my main tab). I'm going to load ICS on it.

In my transformer TF-700 I'm update to 4.2. I think that's jelly bean I can't keep up with all these crazy names.

Oh you have a playbook too? I love mine man!

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

In my transformer TF-700 I'm update to 4.2. I think that's jelly bean I can't keep up with all these crazy names.

Oh you have a playbook too? I love mine man!

Yeah I can't keep up with all the android names either! Yes, I love my PlayBook. I don't know what I would do without it. I have a BB phone as well so I can Bridge it to my PB and use my data on my phone without adding teathing or data costs.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I upgraded from a BB Style to a 4.3" Motorola Photon, then to the 4.8" S3,and I've had no problems with the transition. I hear 'it's too big' (TWSS) all the time, but i have the same size hands as my wife and she has no real issue with it, either.

Yeah that seems easy enough. I think a lot of it has to do with people just complaining man. I mean the phone is 5 inches so you know what your getting. I always tell people try it out and do some research before jumping on a product. After a few minutes with holding the phone, you should be able to tell if you think its "too big" and make a decision.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I can't keep up with all the android names either! Yes, I love my PlayBook. I don't know what I would do without it. I have a BB phone as well so I can Bridge it to my PB and use my data on my phone without adding teathing or data costs.

That's awesome bro! I kinda miss that bridge feature from time to time. I remember having my 9850 torch bridged to my playbook and its was great!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I do like having smileys built into the keyboard, too. Plus the punctuation tool on the period key.

Yeah that comes in handy! Are you using the stock keyboard with your s3? Is it good? Im using a keyboard I downloaded from the play store called "Thumb keyboard"

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that seems easy enough. I think a lot of it has to do with people just complaining man. I mean the phone is 5 inches so you know what your getting. I always tell people try it out and do some research before jumping on a product. After a few minutes with holding the phone, you should be able to tell if you think its "too big" and make a decision.

That's it man! You really need to try out a phone before buying it. You always hear people say "what phone should I buy?" I always say go to the store and try them out and get the one you like the best.

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That's awesome bro! I kinda miss that bridge feature from time to time. I remember having my 9850 torch bridged to my playbook and its was great!

That's what I'm doing. I have a 9850.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

That's it man! You really need to try out a phone before buying it. You always hear people say "what phone should I buy?" I always say go to the store and try them out and get the one you like the best.

Yup and it really isn't hard to do. What I usually do is check out a review from multiple sites about the product, then go check it out in store. But really if you look at some good reviews you can go off of that and make a decision. Like the playbook for example. A lot of people complained like he11 about it and what it lacked, but if you did the research you knew WHAT it had out the box. You can't buy a product for what it might be, you have to buy it for why it is. It's all about the research man 😎

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh