The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

My wife stopped eating meat a little over a year ago. No beef, chicken (or any birds), pork, or fish. She was having digestive issues and this is what was recommended and it worked. She does eat stuff like eggs, just no flesh as she says.

I quit eating meat about a year and a half ago after my neighbor got a couple dozen cows and a few chickens as pets. I just couldn't do it anymore. For those of us in the States, Morning Star Farms has a bunch of delicious veggie meat alternatives. :)

I don't eat eggs though. Something about eating a foetal chicken just gives me the willies.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty cool Rellskie. Staying health and feeling good is what it's all about.

Thanks middbrew! And it's true you do feel better and that's what keeps me going. Trying to feel and look my best 😀

Tapatalking using my iphone

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I quit eating meat about a year and a half ago after my neighbor got a couple dozen cows and a few chickens as pets. I just couldn't do it anymore. For those of us in the States, Morning Star Farms has a bunch of delicious veggie meat alternatives. :)

I don't eat eggs though. Something about eating a foetal chicken just gives me the willies.

Morning Star Farms and several other brands are good. My wife also makes a lot of stuff like tempeh to taste like real meats.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Wow sounds like you had your hands full with that. Hopefully you can get it working again.

lol yeah it's fun because I haven't needed to do it on such an old iPhone in forever. Luckily I have all the tools it's just this damn error so we'll see.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

lol yeah it's fun because I haven't needed to do it on such an old iPhone in forever. Luckily I have all the tools it's just this damn error so we'll see.

That's cool then. I was thinking to myself for all that hassle your friend could just get a newer iPhone and easily jailbreak it. That's nice your fixing it though.

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Get em while they're young!
rotfl.png

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Well look at that... I'm a Guru now on these forums. I swear since jaguarr started this thread I've been posting a lot more lol.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

That's great jag. I think it all has to do with wanting a lifestyle change like you said. That's what I've been doing the last 2 months just trying to eat better and workout. I primarily eat salads and chicken I cook in a Pressure cooker with some light seasoning. So far I've lost 12 pounds since making my lifestyle change.

That is great Rell. My boss and his wife are on constant diets and yo yo all the time up and down and i try and tell them that if they get the word diet out of their vocabulary and make it a lifestyle change they would be better off.

I am not trying to be a preacher but I just know when I did it what happened for me 20 years ago, Lost 80 lbs and at 56 now except for 2-3 l'm fluctuation I have kept it off to 170 now.

I just know what works for me. Heck when i take ground turkey breast and make about 5 burgers in the oven for the week I combine seasonings and because there is no fat I use Liquid egg whites for moisture and other things, extra virgin olive oil and just mix it up and get 5 burgers like I said. Then I roast a bunch of different veggies that I make a lunch with. So all that has worked and once a week I will cheat in the evening with some low fat ice cream.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Ginger I eat those meat alternatives all the time or Boca Burgers too which are good meat alternatives.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Morning Star Farms and several other brands are good. My wife also makes a lot of stuff like tempeh to taste like real meats.
I eat tempeh as well...Good stuff. I shop at Trader Joes now that we have one, they are inexpensive and have good food. I love that place.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

That is great Rell. My boss and his wife are on constant diets and yo yo all the time up and down and i try and tell them that if they get the word diet out of their vocabulary and make it a lifestyle change they would be better off.

I am not trying to be a preacher but I just know when I did it what happened for me 20 years ago, Lost 80 lbs and at 56 now except for 2-3 l'm fluctuation I have kept it off to 170 now.

I just know what works for me. Heck when i take ground turkey breast and make about 5 burgers in the oven for the week I combine seasonings and because there is no fat I use Liquid egg whites for moisture and other things, extra virgin olive oil and just mix it up and get 5 burgers like I said. Then I roast a bunch of different veggies that I make a lunch with. So all that has worked and once a week I will cheat in the evening with some low fat ice cream.

That's awesome!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well look at that... I'm a Guru now on these forums. I swear since jaguarr started this thread I've been posting a lot more lol.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Gets you into more forums and not just let me see your lock screen and home screen thread right....:)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

All this food talk is making me hungry...or maybe not hungry since I should eat healthy...or workout to burn what I already ate today...oh heck, just bring me an iced coffee!!! lol

I do love reading what everyone has been posting...we are a pretty healthy happy fun giggly bunch!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Gets you into more forums and not just let me see your lock screen and home screen thread right....:)

Lmao! True. That thread was my most posted in thread but I post everywhere that interest me.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

We do post more and ramble and get to know each other and help each other...we got a good group here. Thanks Jag! ;)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

All this food talk is making me hungry...or maybe not hungry since I should eat healthy...or workout to burn what I already ate today...oh heck, just bring me an iced coffee!!! lol

I do love reading what everyone has been posting...we are a pretty healthy happy fun giggly bunch!

I know! Jag was talking about turkey burgers and now I want some turkey burgers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369778148.611467.jpg

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I made sweet sausage sandwiches yesterday with homemade sauce...leftovers for dinner! Love my crockpot! ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR