Thank you for your support

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That is fantastic Alli! Glad we offer fun distractions...and thank you for sharing your strength and courage with us; I'm sure many benefitted from your posts as well!! :D

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hugs kisses and more hugs and kisses Alli. What a tremendous feat!...and such strength...strength you probably never knew you had and the determination...lol more hugs and kisses!!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You are an inspiration to all, and I know you are a stronger person for having gone through something like this even if you don't feel like it now. Best wishes for your continued recovery and many more years of posting with us here on iMore, Alli.
drinking-43.gif

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations!!! So happy for you!
Even through all of that you have contributed a lot to iMore. I know your posts have helped me plenty of times.
Only good things a head for you!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I suspected there was something wrong right before I left for camp last summer, and was diagnosed when I got home. I just kept hoping I'd live long enough to make it back to camp this year. Now that I'm here, it feels right! And I finally feel like it's all over. (Of course, I go back to the oncologist as soon as I get home, but at this point it should just be for another scan to make sure I'm still 100% perfect!)

​You guys have been an awesome support system.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I suspected there was something wrong right before I left for camp last summer, and was diagnosed when I got home. I just kept hoping I'd live long enough to make it back to camp this year. Now that I'm here, it feels right! And I finally feel like it's all over. (Of course, I go back to the oncologist as soon as I get home, but at this point it should just be for another scan to make sure I'm still 100% perfect!)

​You guys have been an awesome support system.
That's one thing about long time forum-heads, they can really reach out and pull others out of a funk. I never tried to understand why some try to pull others down. How bad must they hate life when all they do is spread misery and discontent? I'd rather people had the chance to feel good, for the right reasons.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey Alli, just wanted to say that you look great in your new Avatar pic. Hope you are feeling well. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Rose! It's so nice having hair again. I got it cut for the first time two weeks ago and it was exciting!

I'm doing physical therapy twice a week, and getting stronger all the time!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rose! It's so nice having hair again. I got it cut for the first time two weeks ago and it was exciting!

I'm doing physical therapy twice a week, and getting stronger all the time!

That put a smile on my face reading that Alli!! You go girl!! :D

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Alli, I have watched your changes in your avatar as time went on. I can't even begin to tell you how much of a brave & courageous person you are for sharing that part of your life with the iMore community. It truly must've been a very hard time to go through, but in the end, you are healthy, strong willed person. I'm sending you a big hug for celebrating your recovery !! It's incredible to see the strength you have. Stay strong, you have a long life to enjoy ahead of you !!

Besides, we need you around here to keep the wise-@sses in line :p:D

?Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much! Being able to come to iMore every day and relax and think of the important things like "what color case do I need next" was a big part of my healing process.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! Being able to come to iMore every day and relax and think of the important things like "what color case do I need next" was a big part of my healing process.

So Alli, what colored case did you get? ;) :D

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Alli, I don't know how much hair you lost, I know that I lost every single hair on my head and body. When all that was starting to grow again, summer was rolling good and it was sheer misery.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli, I don't know how much hair you lost, I know that I lost every single hair on my head and body. When all that was starting to grow again, summer was rolling good and it was sheer misery.

The only hair I didn't lose was my eyebrows and eyelashes. However, they no longer grow, which is really weird. I look like I've just had my eyebrows waxed too closely. There is still nothing under my arms (and I only had radiation on one side), and I can use tweezers on my legs, because I only get 3 hairs at a time.

​It was not the best way to get these results, but I'm not complaining at this point! At least the hair on my head has come back, and it's nicer than it ever was before I lost it!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At least the hair on my head has come back, and it's nicer than it ever was before I lost it!

This is exactly how it was with my Dad's hair after he was done with the Chemo treatments. He actually had hair after that, and thick too. :)

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
The only hair I didn't lose was my eyebrows and eyelashes. However, they no longer grow, which is really weird. I look like I've just had my eyebrows waxed too closely. There is still nothing under my arms (and I only had radiation on one side), and I can use tweezers on my legs, because I only get 3 hairs at a time.

​It was not the best way to get these results, but I'm not complaining at this point! At least the hair on my head has come back, and it's nicer than it ever was before I lost it!

Your hair is looking really nice on your new avatar! :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My permanent compression sleeve (for my lymphedema) arrives Monday. I'll show pictures once it gets here. Y'all will love it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro