IP Address

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Long time lurker but I never had a question so I never registered for the site. I am a proud owner of an iPhone 4 and an iPad 4 along with an iPod.

My question is this. I currently have Time Warner as my internet provider. I want to keep that service. If I also add another internet provider, thinking of adding one of Verizons cellular plans for my laptop, you know the thing you plug into the usb port (had it a couple of years ago but I'm not sure what its called) will that computer now have a new IP address with the new internet connection? Is it possible for the same computer to have two different IP addresses with two different internet connections?

Thank you in advance guys.

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I'm just not sure what you mean. Let me use this example so my brain can process this. Lets say I'm sitting on my couch and using the Time Warner connection...there's one IP address. If I then log off of the Time Warner connection and go to another service provider...I'll use Verizon as the example...is my IP address different on that computer now? Thank you again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I'm just not sure what you mean. Let me use this example so my brain can process this. Lets say I'm sitting on my couch and using the Time Warner connection...there's one IP address. If I then log off of the Time Warner connection and go to another service provider...I'll use Verizon as the example...is my IP address different on that computer now? Thank you again.
Yes...

And it is entirely possible to have two live, active connections to different networks at the same time - that type of use is not something an average consumer user would need...

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the response. so what you're saying is if I visit a certain website...even on the same computer but using different internet providers...that site will see two different IP addresses?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro