Can someone tell me some good points about the iPhone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Rr3KL.gif

kingofkats

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Bummer! I thought it was a legit question from someone coming from another platform. I was going to write about my experience as a new iPhone owner coming from Windows Phone. Regardless, the quotes I extracted from jefftam68 below sum up what I would say about the iPhone.

EDIT: I *think* I get Sean's joke now that I read another post where a member was asking basic stuff about jailbreaking ;)

I carry two phones -- S3 and iPhone 5 -- one home, one work. Before the 5 came out, I was Samsunging, but now my go-to phone is Apple's. Screen is good enough and its connectivity with my Denon amp, Apple TVs is tops. More and better business apps that get stuff done in a professional way. AND STABILITY! Even Jelly Bean 4.2 on my Nexus 10 locks up or crashes at least once a day, requiring a reboot. Oh, and unlike Samsung, they don't fib about battery life. IF I dimmed down my screen to near-darkness and never streamed anything MAYBE my Nexus 10 would last 9 hours, but the Galaxy SIII loses 50% of its charge just sitting on standby for 12 hours. My iPhone loses zilch on standby and lasts at least 10 hrs even after heavy use.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I carry two phones -- S3 and iPhone 5 -- one home, one work. Before the 5 came out, I was Samsunging, but now my go-to phone is Apple's. Screen is good enough and its connectivity with my Denon amp, Apple TVs is tops. More and better business apps that get stuff done in a professional way. AND STABILITY! Even Jelly Bean 4.2 on my Nexus 10 locks up or crashes at least once a day, requiring a reboot. Oh, and unlike Samsung, they don't fib about battery life. IF I dimmed down my screen to near-darkness and never streamed anything MAYBE my Nexus 10 would last 9 hours, but the Galaxy SIII loses 50% of its charge just sitting on standby for 12 hours. My iPhone loses zilch on standby and lasts at least 10 hrs even after heavy use.

Just had to get that out there (twice) huh? Creepy "kat" guy...

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
King, thanks for posting and helping many folks like me who are interested in real experience. Unfortunately you have to put up with others who have nothing to offer but criticism. Hope you don't let those types of losers keep you from future posts. Thanks again.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
King, thanks for posting and helping many folks like me who are interested in real experience. Unfortunately you have to put up with others who have nothing to offer but criticism. Hope you don't let those types of losers keep you from future posts. Thanks again.

Say what? This is a light-hearted thread started because so many trolls come in here asking the same question so that they can tell us how awful the iPhone is. We are all on board - that's why we're on iMore.

As to kngofkats...yes, he double posted, but each one is very slightly different. Shrug it off. We know the forums and forum apps burp sometimes. Ain't nuthin' but a thang.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Say what? This is a light-hearted thread started because so many trolls come in here asking the same question so that they can tell us how awful the iPhone is. We are all on board - that's why we're on iMore.

As to kngofkats...yes, he double posted, but each one is very slightly different. Shrug it off. We know the forums and forum apps burp sometimes. Ain't nuthin' but a thang.

Things like that Don't happy on android forums, only forums about iPhones...

blackburberry

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't like catfish. I dislike the show.

I wish I could use my iPhone to get rid of reality shows altogether. That would be a good point about the iPhone, fer sher.

You can with the Steve Jobs reality (show) distortion field app. :)
RIP SJ wherever you are!

To answer the OP there are many good things to say about the iphone from design to execution of hardware and software. Other posters have already pointed out these things.

What I specifically like and I say this with extensive experience on other platforms, is you turn on the phone and it just all works, flawlessly. No reboots due to hangs, and solid build. I've never met an owner that said their cell contract outlasted their iphone. Cross hardware integration on ios devices is seamless too. No other os platform comes.even.close.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am beginning to sense more and more people are mistaking this thread as a serious question vs what its true intentions were. This could get ugly quickly :cool:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean, huh? Please explain. If I posted twice, blame Tapatalk. BTW what do YOU carry, and why?

GdkSv.gif

I carry two packs of bologna and a head of lettuce...AT ALL TIMES. I do this because of hunger.

Toochief...loosen the stetson there partna! You can't be that dense normally, right?

I also agree with finn...this may have run it's course, we're starting to get some mighty oblivious folks wandering in and getting upset, lol!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Wait... did Alli really just say "thang". I’m losing respect. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/GdkSv.gif

I carry two packs of bologna and a head of lettuce...AT ALL TIMES. I do this because of hunger.

Toochief...loosen the stetson there partna! You can't be that dense normally, right?

I also agree with finn...this may have run it's course, we're starting to get some mighty oblivious folks wandering in and getting upset, lol!

Perhaps... but it’s still good for a chuckle...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR