NBA thread

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I read at the start of this year that Verizon had a deal with the NBA where Verizon customers could purchase the league pass through the Yahoo Sports app for $100 or non-paying users of the app who are on Verizon could get up to 8 free games.

I haven't been able to locate any info on this recently though. Any Verizon customers out there know about this?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I read at the start of this year that Verizon had a deal with the NBA where Verizon customers could purchase the league pass through the Yahoo Sports app for $100 or non-paying users of the app who are on Verizon could get up to 8 free games.

I haven't been able to locate any info on this recently though. Any Verizon customers out there know about this?

I’m a Verizon customer but don’t know anything about it. Let’s ask @dchandler!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Last nights game between the Spurs and Lakers the score was 143-142 (one OT period) with the Spurs winning. Did either of the teams play defense?...LOL

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Last nights game between the Spurs and Lakers the score was 143-142 (one OT period) with the Spurs winning. Did either of the teams play defense?...LOL

They did. But there was a lot of foul calls on both sides. Spurs had 28 points out of 38 attempts from the line whereas Lakers had 18 points out of 26 attempts at the line. Kuzma was on fire for the Lakers. Aldridge had 37 as well. There were some amazing offensive performances out of both teams. A lot of three balls went for both sides but San Antonio shot over 50% from behind the three. Overall it was an exciting game! I was up rather late watching it lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That said, the Lakers (in their first three games) allow the most points per game of any other team. So they may want to improve their defensive efforts. But it's still early. And it's not like they are making the playoffs anyway so lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That said, the Lakers (in their first three games) allow the most points per game of any other team. So they may want to improve their defensive efforts. But it's still early. And it's not like they are making the playoffs anyway so lol.

I won’t go that far and say they won’t make the playoffs. It’s far too early to make that determination, in my opinion.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Winning a championship with the current roster is not happening this year, and James knows it. They are betting the farm on next year’s free agency offerings.

Unless Kareem and Kobe are free agents it’s gonna be tough to get by the Patriots...I mean the Warriors. Lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless Kareem and Kobe are free agents it’s gonna be tough to get by the Patriots...I mean the Warriors. Lol

No doubt. Still, it’s not a lock for the Dubs to make it to the finals, but the odds are indeed in their favor. I wouldn’t bet against them.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I won’t go that far and say they won’t make the playoffs. It’s far too early to make that determination, in my opinion.

Sure, it's early. My comment was partly a petty joke lol. Though I don't see them getting anything more than an 8th seed. Although if they leverage the talent they have in McGee and Kuzma, they could have a pretty solid team.

Though they'd still have to get past the cheat code that is the Warriors lol.

But aside from all that.....PISTONS! What a game last night against the 76ers. Blake was in rare form! And Embiid is a flop king lol. The man needs an Oscar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro