NBA thread

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No, and I don’t think they will try to go that route again. Everyone knows that if Curry was truly healthy, they would NOT have lost that series or the championship that year. LeBron knows it, too. Still, the City of Cleveland benefitted and the the media had their feel-good story to report. Still, all roads to the championship does not go through LeBron, but through Steph...

Yup, I agree again. In spite of what the media would have you believe, the road to the championship goes thru Steph and the Warriors ...NOT LaBron and what ever team he puts together. IMHO

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LMBO!!!

951301546da86eff5a689bb4c9bee243.png

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I am still amazed at the folks who dislike KD for joining the Golden State Warriors team even when they readily admit that

1. the move was completely legal
2. KD had the right to join that team
3. KD made the best decision for him, his family and his well-being.

Yet, those same folks insist that they would not have joined the team that had just beaten them in the Western Conference finals 2 weeks earlier. In my opinion, they are failing to acknowledge that playing NBA basketball is an “occupation”, and with any occupation, if you’re unhappy where you are, you can opt to work elsewhere doing the same thing. Is that not what KD did? I don’t hear anyone getting mad at Apple for hiring ex-Google employees and vice-versa. Aren’t they in constant completion with each other? Do you see the hypocrisy?

And what about the notion that he only joined the Warriors to win a championship? Is it not every NBA player’s goal to win a championship, whether with their current team or another? Why is LeBron moving all over the place? Do you think he’s not trying to put himself in a position to win another championship without giving the impression that he’s latching on? Why not stay in Cleveland and help make his current teammates better to the point of winning a championship?

My generation (baby boomers) has a history of working at one location or for one company for decades or even our entire working lives. This generation isn’t like that. Heck, my own kids have had more jobs than I’ve ever had...(Laughing)

Anyway, I’m always amazed at the KD haters.

I don’t dislike KD for the move. I just think it was in poor character. Of all the teams to join you go to the one who just beat y’all? The lack of loyalty on display in that move is wild. He got a lot of flack from players themselves for such a move. He had every right to make the move. It’s just a character trait I’m not a fan of personally.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep. That’s exactly the reason. Taking him is a gamble for any team, but just like with Grant Hill, it’s a risk worth taking short term-wise, in my opinion. The Warriors gave him a one-year deal and if it pans out, DeMarcus may reward them with his “loyalty”. If it doesn’t, it’s only for a season.

They’d had to figure out some magic with their cap space after this next season. They won’t be able to afford their current roster unless some players take a nice sized cut in pay.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No, and I don’t think they will try to go that route again. Everyone knows that if Curry was truly healthy, they would NOT have lost that series or the championship that year. LeBron knows it, too. Still, the City of Cleveland benefitted and the media had their feel-good story to report. However, all roads to the championship does not go through LeBron, but through Steph...

This presents an interesting question. Do we actually believe Steph is the star on that team? In other words, do we think the Warriors would be less championship worthy without Steph by a large margin? He’s not very consistent in the finals to be honest. The greatness of the warriors is that when Steph is off, there are other stars to pick up the slack. This past finals was the KD show through and through, IMO.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
All I know is if Lebron wins another championship he will have no choice but to be on the list with all the names you’ve all mentioned in this thread. Moving team to team is a character trait. But from a skills and stats perspective, he’s easily up there with the greats. Let’s not forget Jordan wasn’t a bull his whole career. Heck, he wasn’t even an NBA player is whole career lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Let’s not forget Jordan wasn’t a bull his whole career. Heck, he wasn’t even an NBA player is whole career lol.

Totally not the same. He’d already won 6 by then and he was more Mitchell Jordan than Michael Jordan when he went to WAS. LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
OK, if GSW stays healthy I can't see them being beaten by anyone in a seven game series. Even though Houston came VERY close, largely because they played the series of their lives while GSW was struggling almost the entire series. A rare occurrence, but they showed a blueprint of how to dethrown the Champs. With that said, I don't see that happening this coming season.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Totally not the same. He’d already won 6 by then and he was more Mitchell Jordan than Michael Jordan when he went to WAS. LOL

The Bulls had won 6 by then. Certainly not just Jordan. The thing that kills me is how we rewrite history when talking about Lebrons greatness. Let’s not pretend like Jordan didn’t have help in greats from Pippen to Horace Grant to Dennis Rodman etc.

Beyond that Lebron has statistically surpassed Michael in dang near every playoff stat and finals stats. Anyone saying Lebron isn’t on the same list as Jordan is simply rewriting history and ignoring the facts. Him bouncing teams doesn’t make him less of a great player. And in my opinion, having rings doesn’t make anyone great. There are like 9 or 10 players with more rings than Jordan yet we call Jordan the greatest.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
OK, if GSW stays healthy I can't see them being beaten by anyone in a seven game series. Even though Houston came VERY close, largely because they played the series of their lives while GSW was struggling almost the entire series. A rare occurrence, but they showed a blueprint of how to dethrown the Champs. I don't see that happening this coming season.

With a healthy Cousins, definitely not. But remember Houston almost did that without Chris Paul in those last few games. But with a healthy cousins, I’d have to side with you. They aren’t losing a 7 game series lol.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Bulls had won 6 by then. Certainly not just Jordan. The thing that kills me is how we rewrite history when talking about Lebrons greatness. Let’s not pretend like Jordan didn’t have help in greats from Pippen to Horace Grant to Dennis Rodman etc.

Beyond that Lebron has statistically surpassed Michael in dang near every playoff stat and finals stats. Anyone saying Lebron isn’t on the same list as Jordan is simply rewriting history and ignoring the facts. Him bouncing teams doesn’t make him less of a great player. And in my opinion, having rings doesn’t make anyone great. There are like 9 or 10 players with more rings than Jordan yet we call Jordan the greatest.

I agree and I'm also curious why MAGIC is never in that "Greatest Player" conversation.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree and I'm also curious why MAGIC is never in that "Greatest Player" conversation.

I think he should. How many other players could effectively play ALL 5 positions? Lol. I think playing with guys like Kareem and Worthy causes people to forget how great Magic was though. When your team mates consist of two top 50 all time greats, it may cause people to think less of your greatness, maybe?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think he should. How many other players could effectively play ALL 5 positions? Lol. I think playing with guys like Kareem and Worthy causes people to forget how great Magic was though. When your team mates consist of two top 50 all time greats, it may cause people to think less of your greatness, maybe?

Unfortunately that sounds about right...LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal