NBA thread

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree, but I'm not going to give you a like anymore because you don't give them back...LOL

Sorry! Lol. It's not intentional. I just don't think about it nor really pay much attention to my own likes.

That being said...I'll go on a Like spree just to make up for it! Lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am still amazed at the folks who dislike KD for joining the Golden State Warriors team even when they readily admit that

1. the move was completely legal
2. KD had the right to join that team
3. KD made the best decision for him, his family and his well-being.

Yet, those same folks insist that they would not have joined the team that had just beaten them in the Western Conference finals 2 weeks earlier. In my opinion, they are failing to acknowledge that playing NBA basketball is an “occupation”, and with any occupation, if you’re unhappy where you are, you can opt to work elsewhere doing the same thing. Is that not what KD did? I don’t hear anyone getting mad at Apple for hiring ex-Google employees and vice-versa. Aren’t they in constant completion with each other? Do you see the hypocrisy?

And what about the notion that he only joined the Warriors to win a championship? Is it not every NBA player’s goal to win a championship, whether with their current team or another? Why is LeBron moving all over the place? Do you think he’s not trying to put himself in a position to win another championship without giving the impression that he’s latching on? Why not stay in Cleveland and help make his current teammates better to the point of winning a championship?

My generation (baby boomers) has a history of working at one location or for one company for decades or even our entire working lives. This generation isn’t like that. Heck, my own kids have had more jobs than I’ve ever had...(Laughing)

Anyway, I’m always amazed at the KD haters.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Its called Loyalty and that's a word that really doesn't exists anymore. That's my humble opinion anyway.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As great as LeBron is, he can never be mentioned among the likes of

Kobe
Magic
Bird
Olajuwon
Nowitzki

who’ve spent their entire careers with one team and winning at least one championship with it. I’d argue that LeBron had already made up his mind even before the playoffs began, and if not, he knew after game one of the finals that he was going elsewhere to play. We all knew it, too, but where’s the outrage? If KD should have stayed with OKC then why is it okay for LeBron to flee Cleveland....AGAIN?...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As great as LeBron is, he can never be mentioned among the likes of

Kobe
Magic
Bird
Olajuwon
Nowitzki

who’ve spent their entire careers with one team and winning at least one championship with it. I’d argue that LeBron had already made up his mind even before the playoffs begin, and if not, he knew after game one of the finals that he was going elsewhere to play. We all knew it, too, but where’s the outrage? If KD should have stayed with OKC, who is it okay for LeBron to flee Cleveland....AGAIN!...

EXACTLY. I totally agree.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Though I’m older than some and younger than others (I’m 39) I too am from the loyal generation but I think like the younger folks. Shoot, I moved to NC for a job and 7 months later I’m looking for another one.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Though I’m older than some and younger than others (I’m 39) I too am from the loyal generation but I think like the younger folks. Shoot, I moved to NC for a job and 7 months later I’m looking for another one.

At 39, I was as big as the hulk and as fast as the Flash......Although I can still run well, if I even look at a set of weights, my body says, “nah bruh. Don’t make me hurt you”.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The question is, "why didn't any team come after Boogie"....Maybe because of his injury? I personally think on the GSW, he will fit in because he has so MUCH around him he can take a couple of games off and still be on the court.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The question is, "why didn't any team come after Boogie"....Maybe because of his injury? I personally think on the GSW, he will fit in because he has so MUCH around him he can take a couple of games off and still be on the court.

Could this team be better than the one that broke my Bulls’ regular season win total?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The question is, "why didn't any team come after Boogie"....Maybe because of his injury?

Yep. That’s exactly the reason. Taking him is a gamble for any team, but just like with Grant Hill, it’s a risk worth taking short term-wise, in my opinion. The Warriors gave him a one-year deal and if it pans out, DeMarcus may reward them with his “loyalty”. If it doesn’t, it’s only for a season.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Could this team be better than the one that broke my Bulls’ regular season win total?

No, and I don’t think they will try to go that route again. Everyone knows that if Curry was truly healthy, they would NOT have lost that series or the championship that year. LeBron knows it, too. Still, the City of Cleveland benefitted and the media had their feel-good story to report. However, all roads to the championship does not go through LeBron, but through Steph...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro