NBA thread

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ESPN is reporting that the Warriors have acquired center DeMarcus Cousins....WOW!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
THIS...
606eafce55ae7207f59b3cbbb7ba771f.png

8eda922c68504f0eefd8a27410ada122.png

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So what is Kawhi Leonard waiting on? I guess he will continue to be a Spur?

He's not a free agent so his future isn't up to him. The Spurs need to receive an offer worthy of a trade. Next season he will be free to do his own thing and potentially get more money from the Lakers.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If he can stay healthy upon his return, the Warriors will be even harder to dethrone.

*impossible to dethrone.

Lol. If he's able to play at the same level as he was prior to his injury (a big "if"), then the Warriors will be unbeatable lol. They'll have WAY to many weapons both offensively AND defensively now. They'll be a force from every area on the court. That's a HUGE issue for any team going up against them in a 7 game series. Any of their All Stars can take a night off and they'd still end up with multiple players in double digit scoring with a dominate defensive presence. They'll wear out any contender in a series. This is a huge move assuming Cousins plays like he's known to play. He was originally scheduled to return in December but is now planning to return as early as September during training camp.

This is wild lol.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
*impossible to dethrone.

Lol. If he's able to play at the same level as he was prior to his injury (a big "if"), then the Warriors will be unbeatable lol. They'll have WAY to many weapons both offensively AND defensively now. They'll be a force from every area on the court. That's a HUGE issue for any team going up against them in a 7 game series. Any of their All Stars can take a night off and they'd still end up with multiple players in double digit scoring with a dominate defensive presence. They'll wear out any contender in a series. This is a huge move assuming Cousins plays like he's known to play. He was originally scheduled to return in December but is now planning to return as early as September during training camp.

This is wild lol.

In my opinion, with everything that has happened so far, the rest of the NBA is still chasing the Golden State Warriors...LOL

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, with everything that has happened so far, the rest of the NBA is still chasing the Golden State Warriors...LOL

They absolutely are. I'm not a huge fan of this trend. Because to truly be competitive with them, you need to stack your deck tremendously. They will have 5 all stars on the court simultaneously. That is insane. There isn't a team in the league right now who can compete with that so in order to compete, you really have to make some major moves. So as star players start teaming up, eventually the teams without that caliber of players will fall through the cracks. If this is going to be a trend, then I would support a playoff season like college sports. Do a 1-16 playoff bracket that's a combination of all teams. Do away with West/East Conferences and make it all ONE conference. Then just do a single game series. No more "Best Of". Just to level the playing field. Even Golden State could potentially lose ONE game. But with a team like that...there's no way they're losing a 7 game series to any team lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
*impossible to dethrone.

This is wild lol.

I wouldn't say "Impossible", but I will agree that all roads to the championship will still go through the Warriors. The one move I didn't like was letting JaVale McGee slip to the Lakers. That guy plays his heart out when he's on the floor. I would have gotten rid of Zaza Pachula who has been in the league for 15 years. Heck, I remember when he played with the Orlando Magic when T-Mac was on the team. Besides, they used JaVale more than they used Zaza. Go figure!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They absolutely are. I'm not a huge fan of this trend. Because to truly be competitive with them, you need to stack your deck tremendously. They will have 5 all stars on the court simultaneously. That is insane. There isn't a team in the league right now who can compete with that so in order to compete, you really have to make some major moves. So as star players start teaming up, eventually the teams without that caliber of players will fall through the cracks. If this is going to be a trend, then I would support a playoff season like college sports. Do a 1-16 playoff bracket that's a combination of all teams. Do away with West/East Conferences and make it all ONE conference. Then just do a single game series. No more "Best Of". Just to level the playing field. Even Golden State could potentially lose ONE game. But with a team like that...there's no way they're losing a 7 game series to any team lol.

I agree, but I'm not going to give you a like anymore because you don't give them back...LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh