NBA thread

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The King wins his ring with Cleveland. I'm super pumped right now!!

My favorite player since I started watching. Kyrie, I also love you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
4f4652a6f9dccdab6c0de3c7757f1e71.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So I've got no idea who we just drafted in Denzel Valentine. I'm so out of touch with college basketball because there's so much turnover

Last edited:

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There was a whole lot of hype for what Boston could do in this draft, but nothing exciting has happened so far.

But, D Rose to the Knicks? Knicks fans should be excited! Rose, Melo, Porzingod, maybe they go after a Dwight Howard or Hassan Whiteside, maybe make a push for KD? You never know...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
As long as KD didn't go anywhere near the East I'm ok. Give my Pistons a chance at the conference title even if the Warriors will run the league for the foreseeable future, lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was listening to Stephen A. Smith stating that while he doesn't have a problem with KD exercising his choice to do what was best for him and his family, he finds it troubling that KD joined the team that beat him in the playoffs. What kind of crap is that? Would it have been a problem if the Warriors had not beat him? This is not the old NBA where franchise players stay their entire careers with one team, and if the owners can choose to trade a player in the best interest of the organization, why can't a player choose to leave that organization in the best interest of himself and/or his family? Furthermore, I find it odd that people find it okay for aging veteran players to latch on to a team with a shot at winning the championship but it's not okay for an aging franchise player to do the same.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I told a guy something similar this morning. To me, KD with OKC is just like us in our jobs. Sure we have some time in with the company but if a better offer comes along that aligns with our wants/needs there's nothing wrong with jumping on it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I told a guy something similar this morning. To me, KD with OKC is just like us in our jobs. Sure we have some time in with the company but if a better offer comes along that aligns with our wants/needs there's nothing wrong with jumping on it.

'Nut said...:)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was listening to Stephen A. Smith stating that while he doesn't have a problem with KD exercising his choice to do what was best for him and his family, he finds it troubling that KD joined the team that beat him in the playoffs. What kind of crap is that? Would it have been a problem if the Warriors had not beat him? This is not the old NBA where franchise players stay their entire careers with one team, and if the owners can choose to trade a player in the best interest of the organization, why can't a player choose to leave that organization in the best interest of himself and/or his family? Furthermore, I find it odd that people find it okay for aging veteran players to latch on to a team with a shot at winning the championship but it's not okay for an aging franchise player to do the same.

Reggie Miller broke it down the best.
When he was playing against the greats like Jordan, Johnson, Bird, etc., he wanted to BEAT those guys. He got validation from beating the players that he viewed as greats. Beating the teams he viewed as great. He couldn't imagine going to play with the same guys who were beating him.

He acknowledge his critics in saying that he is a great player who never got a ring so he understands WHY K.D did what he did. He just could never bring himself to do it because the feeling of beating those guys would have been more rewarding to him.

Personally I agree with that. In competition, I've never been a "join them" kind of guy. I want to beat them. The top of the mountain would feel much better then. But then you also run the risk of ending up like Allen Iverson or Reggie Miller. No rings.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reggie Miller broke it down the best.
When he was playing against the greats like Jordan, Johnson, Bird, etc., he wanted to BEAT those guys. He got validation from beating the players that he viewed as greats. Beating the teams he viewed as great. He couldn't imagine going to play with the same guys who were beating him.

He acknowledge his critics in saying that he is a great player who never got a ring so he understands WHY K.D did what he did. He just could never bring himself to do it because the feeling of beating those guys would have been more rewarding to him.

Personally I agree with that. In competition, I've never been a "join them" kind of guy. I want to beat them. The top of the mountain would feel much better then. But then you also run the risk of ending up like Allen Iverson or Reggie Miller. No rings.

Don't get me wrong. Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, etcetera are my age, and I understand the thinking of that era, but this is another era altogether, and the thought process of these kids is to win a championship by any means necessary...:)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong. Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, etcetera are my age, and I understand the thinking of that era, but this is another era altogether, and the thought process of these kids is to win a championship by any means necessary...:)

This is true. Team loyalty went out the window a few years ago. Times have changed.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

This is true. Team loyalty went out the window a few years ago. Times have changed.

They definitely have. I think it hurts the sport a little. Think about all the kids who grew up loving a player because of who he was to their team, to their city. It's too bad that things appear to be changing away from that. Kobe may have been the last player we had who was devoted to his team. I guess Lebron came back so there is something to be said about that.