NBA thread

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What the heck is wrong with the Pacers? What is causing them to implode at the wrong time of the season?

They're built more as a playoff team. Not regular season. Teams go through implosions like this during a as ask and theirs happened to be at the end of the regular season. They'll be fine.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hawks...up 2 games to 1 on the #1 seed. I know the Pacer's were really struggling at the end of the season, and this probably isn't a good representation of a playoff team vs. the Hawks, but hey...I'll take it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hawks...up 2 games to 1 on the #1 seed. I know the Pacer's were really struggling at the end of the season, and this probably isn't a good representation of a playoff team vs. the Hawks, but hey...I'll take it!

They are going to have to play flawless basketball the rest of the series to get past the Hawks, and that's not going to happen. The Pacers have the better talent, but something is out of whack. It's as if the high expectations that they themselves and everyone else put on them at the start of the season has taken its toll. They look tired. Anyway, they're about to get plenty of rest after a couple of more games....:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They are going to have to play flawless basketball the rest of the series to get past the Hawks, and that's not going to happen. The Pacers have the better talent, but something is out of whack. It's as if the high expectations that they themselves and everyone else put on them at the start of the season has taken its toll. They look tired. Anyway, they're about to get plenty of rest after a couple of more games....:)

I'm not naive enough to think the Hawks really stand a chance of getting deep into the playoffs, but I will say this...even if the Pacer's are off kilter, the fact that the Hawks didn't just lay down and die going into this series is pretty surprising and awesome. I'll admit that I am DEFINITELY a fair weather NBA fan/Hawks fan...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not naive enough to think the Hawks really stand a chance of getting deep into the playoffs, but I will say this...even if the Pacer's are off kilter, the fact that the Hawks didn't just lay down and die going into this series is pretty surprising and awesome. I'll admit that I am DEFINITELY a fair weather NBA fan/Hawks fan...

No doubt, and I give credit where it is due. The Atlanta Hawks, with its revamped lineup, are quite impressive. They are playing excellent ball and are undeterred from believing that it can compete with the best. A first round win over the Pacers will definitely be a boost and put the remaining teams on notice. They have nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain, and they're playing like it....:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just can't imagine if we actually had a a big signing on the Hawks...if they are able to do this with a piecemeal'ed squad, they MIGHT be a championship contender with the right big money contract.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods