NBA thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am a MIAMI HEAT fan and despise anything Lakers

just tonight LBJ became the youngest player in NBA history to reach 20,000 points

currently the HEAT are killing the Warriors. tomorrow night HEAT vs LAKERS, it's gonna be a good one!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just really hate the NBA to be honest...i used to be a huge NBA fan, back in the early/mid 90's, but i can't tell you when the last time i watched an entire regular season NBA game was (besides occasionally going to a Hawks game for like $10, lol!).

I can share your hatred towards the Lakers though, I've hated Kobe since the day he came into the league with his smug ass attitude. It's been an absolute pleasure reading about their epic decline this season.

If i had to pick my teams though, obviously I support the home team with the Hawks (who have been a bit of a bi-polar team this season) and a Celtics fan since childhood.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not a lakers fan at all. No hate, just don't like them. My teams are the Sixers and OKC. The Sixers are having another mediocre season but my boy jrue holiday is having a all star caliber season. Only watched a few OKC games this season unfortunately but I love how they play.

Tapped to talk

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
So much hate for Laker Nation....I like the additions they made, I think hiring D'Antoni was a HORRIBLE choice. They are too old to run his uptempo offense. Phil would have been the perfect choice with the line up they have.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll tell you why i hate the Lakers (besides Kobe, which is 90% of why i hate the Lakers)...it's their "Win or publicly pout about it" attitude. When the Lakers are doing well, everyone is on their nuts, they are on the front page of every website and sports news headline...and everyone just KNOWS they are going to win the championship.

But then they don't...and now, their season is actually reflecting the kind of ball they tend to play in the playoffs for the last few years. And what do the players do? They start by getting a coach fired who wasn't the problem, then they surround the new coach (D'Antoni) with love and support like no other...then he starts losing. The players then start on each other, Kobe starts crying and whining in official "interviews" (like anyone gives 2 sh*ts), and then they just start moping around...and magically, they'll win a couple, and the world changes! They are back in the hot seat, they are the contenders...and then they lose 4...and it's back to crying like a bunch of little babies.

This has grown so tiring for me. But most of all, i just hate Kobe Bryant...so even if they were a perfect team with high spirits, id still hate them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the NBA and have been for a very long time. I was a fan when the ABA and the NBA were separate entities. My favorite team, GOD Bless 'em, is the Orlando Magic. I was there at the beginning of their franchise and have attended many of their games and although they are back in rebuilding mode, I'm still a fan. Yes, I still blame Van Gundy for going with Jameer Nelson instead of sticking with Rafer Alston in the 2009 NBA Finals. Things arguably would have been different had he not mucked up the rotation. Anyway, my "longtime" favorite franchises are the Lakers, Knicks & Sixers, but over the years, I've whittled down to one favorite (The Magic) and merely watch the rest play just because I love the game.

Last edited:

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell you why i hate the Lakers (besides Kobe, which is 90% of why i hate the Lakers)...it's their "Win or publicly pout about it" attitude. When the Lakers are doing well, everyone is on their nuts, they are on the front page of every website and sports news headline...and everyone just KNOWS they are going to win the championship.

But then they don't...and now, their season is actually reflecting the kind of ball they tend to play in the playoffs for the last few years. And what do the players do? They start by getting a coach fired who wasn't the problem, then they surround the new coach (D'Antoni) with love and support like no other...then he starts losing. The players then start on each other, Kobe starts crying and whining in official "interviews" (like anyone gives 2 sh*ts), and then they just start moping around...and magically, they'll win a couple, and the world changes! They are back in the hot seat, they are the contenders...and then they lose 4...and it's back to crying like a bunch of little babies.

This has grown so tiring for me. But most of all, i just hate Kobe Bryant...so even if they were a perfect team with high spirits, id still hate them.

I'm a laker fan since the 80's and I live in Los Angeles ....The Lakers are the most influential team in the nba ever so yes wining is what we are accustom too
And if we don't win we will trade and fire to win because winning is everything in LA...Kobe is Michael Jordan of our time
So if you don't like kobe that means you don't like MJ (they act the same) also Jerry west is the NBA logo

Tapatalking up in ya

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Rings don't equal ability...just means you had a good team around you with stacked talent. The Lakers are essentially the Yankees of basketball in my opinion...sure they win, but they also stack teams with their bank roll.

Kobe has rings from having good teams...MJ has rings from being the greatest player of all time and CARRYING his team when they were down. Where's Kobe at this year when the Lakers are sucking the bottom of the tank?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no mistaking Kobe's basketball ability and knowledge of the game. The guy is a champion multiple times over, but having said that, there is no way I am willing to say that he is a Michael Jordan of a certain generation. I'm the same age as MJ so he's definitely not the MJ of my generation because we had MJ himself. When I think of great NBA players, including current players, Kobe doesn't immediately come to mind. I mean, he doesn't have the "it factor" that Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bill Walton, Dr. J, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon or even Lebron James has, in *my* opinion. He's a great player on the downside of his career and he is deserving of his accolades and his eventual place in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i love when people pull the "well how many rings does LBJ have?" shiit. championships are a team effort achievement last time i checked

if we're gonna start talking about individual achievements then you HAVE to start including LBJ in those discussions with MJ and Kolbe (yes, i know i did not spell his name correctly IDGAF)

... AND LBJ is just getting started. Kolbe maybe has one more season left in him - mentally and physically, so we'll just have to see where LBJ ends up after his career

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Miami Heat @ LA Lakers: tonight's game prediction(s)?

of course i am rolling with a Heat Win but i do not think it will be by much since it will be at Staples Center and i fully expect the FLakers to play at their best

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The "MJ of our time" looked like a snoozer last night compared to Lebron James. Remind me again about how he's today's MJ? If there is such a thing (which I still don't think there is), Lebron certainly made a much better argument for it (and has for some time now).

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Miami should have blew them out. With all them turnovers La had, i was surprised the lakers were in it all game into the last few minutes.

Tapped to talk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Miami should have blew them out. With all them turnovers La had, i was surprised the lakers were in it all game into the last few minutes.

Tapped to talk

Which shows Lebron is a true team leader...and i don't even care for him! Lebron has shown his ability to carry a squad on his back to success...this is what Jordan did.

Kobe has not shown that to me. He's more of a player that enjoys it when they are on a high, and points fingers of blame when they are low...instead of stepping up.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Which shows Lebron is a true team leader...and i don't even care for him! Lebron has shown his ability to carry a squad on his back to success...this is what Jordan did.

Kobe has not shown that to me. He's more of a player that enjoys it when they are on a high, and points fingers of blame when they are low...instead of stepping up.

I agree lebron is a better leader. He gets his teammates Involved. But kobe has carried his team a few times though. Maybe not this year but he has.

I love lebron's Unselfishness and how he plays. Kobe is just a attack first pass maybe kind of player. But I respect both styles of play.

Tapped to talk