Coming back!!

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general. Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm sitting here cracking up because I've so been there!

I will say this, if you're with AT&T, no need to wait till 9th November. If your visit an AT&T shop this week, they WILL process an order early for you! They typically do it if it is within 45 days. Yep, I've been there, too! Only at an authorize shop NOT an AT&T dealer...

Keep us posted...

As a matter of fact I believe most carriers will upgrade earlier within X days of your contract date.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
welcome back and good luck to you both with your iPhone 5 I have a 4S & have considered making a jump to the sgs3 myself, but as each day goes on, and the more "research" I do, it seems the sgs3 isn't going to be a device to 100% of my liking, but that's me. I've come to the conclusion that I thoroughly enjoy iOS and how it works for me, and will be sticking with it (my 4S) indeed myself. 

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general.
The Droid Incredible that i owned was downright awesome. I had the original one and, despite its build quality, I didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. i grudgingly got rid of it because i wanted a larger screen and end up getting an EVO 4G. I enjoyed it, too, but not more than im enjoying my iPhone 4S.
Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz
I understand and as the others have stated, welcome back...;)

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I kind of thought about an SG3. I've never had an Android phone. I kept reading stories like yours though, where people switched to Android, regretted it, and then ended up coming back so that kind of helped get me through it. I think I was just getting impatient waiting for the 5 to come out.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. Went from an iPhone 4 to an SGII and absolutely hated the thing. Went back to iPhone and sold the POS to Gazelle for $149.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Once in a blue moon I get an urge to try a SG3 or Nexus, but I'm pretty vested in the Apple ecosystem. Add to that the fact that all my Apple devices (MacBook, iPad, iPhones 3GS, 4S, and now i5) have been rock steady, and the urge passes.

Then I read threads like this and it totally silences any random thoughts of defecting.

I'll admit it: I'm an iLifer :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to iPhone. I'll never leave again. I went from Original iPhone>3GS> (left AT&T went to Sprint, didn't offer iPhone yet) Blackberry Tour(terrible)>EVO 3D(Yuck)>iPhone 4S( love it) next will be whatever comes after the iPhone 5.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I almost got a S3 yesterday, dropped verizon for sprint, I had the 4s. I went to the sprint store and jokingly asked if he had a iPhone 5 and sure nuff he did, I'm very happy with my iPhone 5, nothin compares. #teamiphone5

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I left the iphone 4s for the galaxy s 3. I miss the iphone. They iphone camera is amazing!!! I dont think the galaxy s 3 camera is as good as the iphone.

Is it me or is it a bad idea to add a line for an iphone?? No one will be using the extra line but me. I dont have an upgrade until next october. :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mattmead23

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I supported my wife t go from iPhone 3GS to the Samsung S3 as I thought I was helping her. No doubt a great phone but now I'm rolling with the iPhone 5...to day she is jealous would be an understatement!

Mapex

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Once in a blue moon I get an urge to try a SG3 or Nexus, but I'm pretty vested in the Apple ecosystem. Add to that the fact that all my Apple devices (MacBook, iPad, iPhones 3GS, 4S, and now i5) have been rock steady, and the urge passes.

Then I read threads like this and it totally silences any random thoughts of defecting.

I'll admit it: I'm an iLifer :)
Same here except the opposite; I'm vested into the Google ecosystem and love Android and Linux to death. However I still own a Retina MacBook Pro and am receiving an iPhone 5 tomorrow (to go with my custom built Windows/Ubuntu desktop and Galaxy Nexus) so I can get the best of both worlds and swap between devices as I please.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I supported my wife t go from iPhone 3GS to the Samsung S3 as I thought I was helping her. No doubt a great phone but now I'm rolling with the iPhone 5...to day she is jealous would be an understatement!

I'm glad my wife could care less about her phone she hates droids she tried them but battery life made her return it and got a iPhone 4 ... She is content with the 4 and says she don't even want to upgrade yet .. Her upgrade is due pretty soon but we will see

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
@Jerome06. I did the same thing. Sprint had one IP5 64gb available just by chance so I pulled the trigger. No preorder and no waiting, just pure luck. I'm happy with my new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR