Phishing?

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got this. Sure looks like it to me.

Dear Apple Customer,
Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.
We're getting ready for the activation of your iPhone. However we have identified a problem with your Verizon Wireless account.
To resolve this issue, please call us at 1-877-834-0272 and reference your Activation ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx.x.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for choosing Apple.
Sincerely,
The Apple Online Store

jfrebel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest.

If I had Verizon, I might have fallen for that one if it looked real.

how can you tell it's not apple saying they had trouble getting your iphone activated?

If I got an email from apple saying they had trouble with my AT&T account when getting my phone ready to ship, I'd be wanting to call in and fix it. I could see myself freaking out and promptly calling to keep from having my order canceled and having to wait like 6 weeks for the phone.

I guess if I do get any email from apple, I'll just call apple customer support via 1 800-MY-APPLE, so as to be sure I'm safe and don't call a bogus number or reply to email and get hacked.

seriously these phishing scammers need to be round up and shot. These spammers and scammers and such are ruining the internet.

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Email address do_not_reply@apple.com

The thing that caught my eye was "Dear Apple Customer." Everything I get from Apple uses my name. I'm not concerned about it delaying delivery, it's already on the ups truck enroute to me.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You could always call the number, give them a fake account number and name and see how they progress. Then you can report them to authorities. :)

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I would just call the Apple and Verizon customer service lines directly. I never call the number sent to me in an email.