Samsung Confirms: iPhone 5 To Join The Ranks Of Existing Patent Lawsuits | TechCrunch

"Samsung has been widely expected to add the iPhone 5 to its ongoing patent disputes with Apple, and today the Korean electronics company made that official, noting in a U.S. court filing uncovered by Reuters that it will file, in the near future, a motion to amend its infringement contentions to add the iPhone 5 as an accused product. Samsung expects the iPhone 5 to fall under the same areas of infringement as existing iPhone models."
    09-20-2012 10:07 AM

Since when did Samsung own LTE?
    09-20-2012 10:14 AM
    Well that really sucks. You think that Samsung would just grow a pair and pay apple off with the .money they make from apple and then cut apple out of the tech they supply apple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-2012 10:27 AM
    Don't see a point in this lawsuit. The LTR chips are purchased from a 3rd party manufacturer and out into these phones. If Samsung has any case at all, it would be with the people making these chips that use the technology and coding.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-20-2012 10:34 AM
    Let me know when Samsung is crushed. Like. a 100 billion fine or smth that would not only cripple Samsung but force it to declare bankruptcy
    09-20-2012 10:44 AM
    Let me know when Samsung is crushed. Like. a 100 billion fine or smth that would not only cripple Samsung but force it to declare bankruptcy
    Yes a put millions of people around the world out of work. Boy you do put your interests first before others: )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by falcon512; 09-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    CandyBean likes this.
    09-20-2012 10:49 AM
    More posturing and public wound-licking...
    09-20-2012 10:49 AM
    It's about time Samsung does something to apple.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    09-20-2012 11:00 AM

From what I have read, they own a good part of the technology. I don't know if enough to hurt Apple, but it will be interesting.

I think that this will be a bigger problem: ITC to Investigate Apple for Patent Infringment, Motorola Looks to Ban iPhones, iPads, and Mac Computers – Droid Life

This is getting ridiculous!
    Last edited by pappy53; 09-20-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    09-20-2012 11:10 AM
    f**k Samsung - so tired of their petty claims, their bad advertising (not unlike political bashing ads), their crappy radios & GPS.... enough of their whining... Apple is better, simple as that.
    09-20-2012 11:19 AM
    It's about time Samsung does something to apple.
    Samesung = good, Apple = bad on your planet. We get it. By the way, your meme is trite.
    09-20-2012 11:22 AM

I believe they own 10% of LTE, not sure if that is exact or not. Samsung is just making themselves look so sorry right now though. I mean, I guess I can understand them adding that to the patent list, they've got to try and win something I suppose. But still, these phony commercials coming out bashing the iPhone, etc. It's a joke. Has the S3 even sold 2 million units? Easy for Apple to do in 24 hours, and they're the only ones to do it.
    09-20-2012 11:50 AM
    Don't see a point in this lawsuit. The LTR chips are purchased from a 3rd party manufacturer and out into these phones. If Samsung has any case at all, it would be with the people making these chips that use the technology and coding.
    There is no suit. It's just posturing.
    09-20-2012 11:50 AM
    I believe they own 10% of LTE, not sure if that is exact or not. Samsung is just making themselves look so sorry right now though. I mean, I guess I can understand them adding that to the patent list, they've got to try and win something I suppose. But still, these phony commercials coming out bashing the iPhone, etc. It's a joke. Has the S3 even sold 2 million units? Easy for Apple to do in 24 hours, and they're the only ones to do it.
    Actually they have sold over 20 million and had over 9 million preorders. But IOS is just better.
    09-20-2012 12:14 PM
    The only people that really lose is us... Our outdated patent system was never intended to do what these big companies are doing to it. These wars just hurt our pocketbooks more than either of these companies. They both need to stop being babies and just start fair licensing of the patents until we can get the crappy system fixed.

I love how some of you make fun of the stupid samsung commercials. Probably were fans of the Justin Long commercials that did the same thing. I like Apple, but I really wanted to punch Justin Long in the face back then. Don't mind him so much now that they don't show those commercials anymore. His part in Zack and Miri was hilarious.
    09-20-2012 12:16 PM
    Actually they have sold over 20 million and had over 9 million preorders. But IOS is just better.
    Really ? Not that I don't believe you but can I see a link ?
    09-20-2012 12:22 PM
    The executives at Samsung need to accept defeat like men and step back from the legal arena; they've already been hit with a billion dollar suit, do they really want to risk more of their money?
    09-20-2012 12:38 PM
    http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-43011346962315/

Keep in mind this is globally but impressive nevertheless. Also remember iPhone isn't available everything yet so over the next few weeks we will get a good number once it starts rolling out all over the world.
    09-20-2012 12:43 PM
    Sounds like you don't believe me-lol.

Samsung: Galaxy S III sales hit 20 million in 100 days | ZDNet
    09-20-2012 03:22 PM
    I'm not a lawyer, don't play one on tv and haven't been to a Holiday Inn Express in a number of years... but, would Apple be liable for any patent infringement if they purchased LTE radios and other parts from third parties? Wouldn't the third parties be at least as guilty (or more so) if, indeed, there is any patent infringement to be had?

More curious than anything at this point.
    09-20-2012 05:22 PM
    20mil over 4 months (May - Sept.) vs. Apple's 37mil. units over 4 months (Oct. - January)...lol, it's so cute when they try to keep up.

Oh, btw...iPhone 5 looks to break that number quite easily. Just sayin'...
    09-20-2012 09:06 PM
    iPhone 5 sales to end users, not to stores as Samsung reports, will likely hit 20 million in 3 weeks...
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-20-2012 11:44 PM
    Samesung = good, Apple = bad on your planet. We get it. By the way, your meme is trite.
    Whatever...I apologize that, unlike you, I am not an isheep. Seriously, what has apple NOT stolen from Android and Google in ios5 and ios6?
    09-23-2012 11:43 PM
    Whatever...I apologize that, unlike you, I am not an isheep. Seriously, what has apple NOT stolen from Android and Google in ios5 and ios6?
    You're not a sheep? lol...you're a sheep in a pair of hollister's troll skinny jeans.
    09-24-2012 08:38 AM
    I don't care who stole from whom(i think my grammar is correct), the SGS3 put a scare into Apple, and will destroy BB. Apple's fan base is rock solid and knowledgeable. BB's fan base is wavering and fanatic. Android's fan base is semi-loyal and learning. The world needs competition, to promote business growth. What the world doesn't need is...screaming fanatical fanboys who won't acknowledge both sides of an argument(it's their way, or the highway).
    The end of my rant. These opinions are all mine.
    09-30-2012 10:33 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD