Verdict is in: Apple v. Samsung in CA Fed Ct.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's going to be a great year for Apple next month...half the world will own the new iPhone, and the other half of the world will own the Apple Galaxy S III. :p:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I also wanted to point out this...i checked the mail today and i received my settlement check from Samsung for the capacitor lawsuit they had against them for their Plasma TV's. It covered parts and repairs we made for that TV last year totaling $350. I'm using that check towards my iPhone pre-order.

Life is beautiful and ironic. :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also wanted to point out this...i checked the mail today and i received my settlement check from Samsung for the capacitor lawsuit they had against them for their Plasma TV's. It covered parts and repairs we made for that TV last year totaling $350. I'm using that check towards my iPhone pre-order.

Sweet. Way to kick 'em when they're down!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

I read the first three lines and thought you were joking .. =).
You couldn't get that check at a better time, if only they knew where that money is going to.. 😝

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As seen on twitter: Florian Mueller @FOSSpatents

Contrary to what Samsung says, the verdict is not simply a loss for consumers. It's more complex than that. "Copytition" is not the answer.

What would undoubtedly have been a loss for consumers is if Samsung had succeeded with its attempt to abuse standard-essential patents.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Why would they be screwed? They didn't blatantly copy Apple and their interface. At least with the Sense UI it's totally diffrent than iOS, and they came up with it themselves.

They are screwed because the whole of android is screwed now. The fact Samsung made the stock nexus devices and they infringed on apples patents also means android infringes. Google is next and I couldn't be happier.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What would be epic is if Apple takes the higher road, takes this K.O. blow they just landed on Samsung and steps back into the pure product development ring again. Imagine if they did that what we would end up with next year (on the scale of what they did in 2007 when they dropped the iPhone).

Tone.english

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I think this case was BS and so is the patent system. Do I think Apple deserves licensing fees for a few of their patents? Sure, just as they need to pay fees for patents that they are using. But all of these companies have copied each other or some other company. So no one company is a victim, not even Apple folks.

By the way I can't wait for iPhone 5 because I skipped the 4S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73