So the tapatalk app isn't playing nice with imore for the last few days... The forums don't load correctly, specifically for me, the jailbreak forum won't load, not any of the comments or topics I have made in those forums...
    Has this been happening to other users?
    Any idea or timeframe on a fix??
    08-15-2012 12:51 PM
    It's working fine for me, in fact, I'm using it to post this message.

Try Deleting and re-installing the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-15-2012 01:22 PM
    So the tapatalk app isn't playing nice with imore for the last few days... The forums don't load correctly, specifically for me, the jailbreak forum won't load, not any of the comments or topics I have made in those forums...
    Has this been happening to other users?
    Any idea or timeframe on a fix??
    Something is not right with it. The forums are loading just fine with the Tapatalk app and I'm able to post as well as receive push notifications, however, after I post a reply, it does not always appear after I refresh like before. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with its cloud sync feature. I think I'm going to disable it and see how it goes.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-15-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    08-15-2012 01:39 PM
    But have you gentlemen noticed the lack of the jailbreak forums??
    08-15-2012 09:43 PM
    Yes, Rose mentioned it in a different thread.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-15-2012 10:13 PM
    I mentioned it first though!
    08-16-2012 02:49 PM
    I mentioned it first though!
    Congratulations.

So anyone know what the problem is?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    3cit likes this.
    08-16-2012 10:11 PM
    I wonder if it's as simple as imore changing the title of the jailbreaking forum to something else.
    08-16-2012 10:30 PM
    Testing using Taptalk but from iPad.

Sent from my iPad (New) using Tapatalk HD
    08-17-2012 12:41 AM
    I can't see the jailbreak forums through tapatalk either. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    08-17-2012 07:30 AM
    I wonder if it's as simple as imore changing the title of the jailbreaking forum to something else.
    Perhaps, but I doubt it. This issue is occurring on other forums with a jailbreak section also.
    08-17-2012 08:23 AM
    Perhaps, but I doubt it. This issue is occurring on other forums with a jailbreak section also.
    Do you know which sites this is also happening on?
    08-17-2012 10:40 AM
    Do you know which sites this is also happening on?
    Almost a year ago I posted on a site called EiC and the JB section wasn't viewable in Tapatalk (haven't been back there so I don't know if it has been fixed or not). Macrumors, however, I've been informed that the JB is under iOS hacking and is viewable. The JB section on iPadforums.net is now viewable as it is now under the hacking section...... I think that is the answer here, the JB section on iMore needs to be renamed iOS hacking, as that would probably allow it to get past Apple if this is what is going on.
    08-17-2012 02:04 PM
    Almost a year ago I posted on a site called EiC and the JB section wasn't viewable in Tapatalk (haven't been back there so I don't know if it has been fixed or not). Macrumors, however, I've been informed that the JB is under iOS hacking and is viewable. The JB section on iPadforums.net is now viewable as it is now under the hacking section...... I think that is the answer here, the JB section on iMore needs to be renamed iOS hacking, as that would probably allow it to get past Apple if this is what is going on.
    Interesting. I wonder if it is as simple as that. It's such an odd development.
    08-17-2012 02:16 PM
    Interesting. I wonder if it is as simple as that. It's such an odd development.
    I'm not sure, but it does seem to make sense. Anyway, I posted here; http://forums.imore.com/imore-feedba...ml#post1901309 about the possibility of getting the name of the forum changed. This is one way to rule out whether this is the cause or not.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-17-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: fixed link url
    08-17-2012 02:19 PM
    3cit
    Has tapatalk been forced to hide the jailbreak sections of the forums that support tapatalk use?

example,
    i use iMore (formerly tipb) and i cannot access the jailbreak section of that forum any more using tapatalk. the rest of the forum is open and accessible but everything having to do with the jailbreak section is missing
    3cit, Yesterday at 3:07 AM #1

boggseric
    That sounds like something the forum admin configured. You may want to ask them.
    boggseric, Yesterday at 9:19 PM #2

winter
    Tapatalk Master
    If you mean sub-forum - the forum owner has ability to control it. You may want to ask them as we do not have the control to hide the sub-forums of any forum.
    winter, Yesterday at 10:21 PM #3

That is all from tapatalks support forum, it appears that the "master" winter is claiming that tapatalk does not have the ability to hide forums!
    08-17-2012 04:50 PM
    So it's looking like something from iMore's end.
    08-17-2012 05:49 PM
    So it's looking like something from iMore's end.
    Hard to tell yet, but it is looking that way. Rene is working on it, though, and has been keeping us updated here; http://forums.imore.com/imore-feedba...ml#post1901309.
    08-17-2012 06:11 PM
    So here is a response I got from the tapatalk developers.

"iMore forum seems have set this subforums hidden in iMore App. Otherwise iMore App will be rejected by Apple Store."

Not sure whether that means Apple has cracked down on "jailbreak" forums but it sounds like it. Oddly enough jailbreak is accepted on autocorrect.
    08-24-2012 12:55 AM
    So here is a response I got from the tapatalk developers.

"iMore forum seems have set this subforums hidden in iMore App. Otherwise iMore App will be rejected by Apple Store."

Not sure whether that means Apple has cracked down on "jailbreak" forums but it sounds like it. Oddly enough jailbreak is accepted on autocorrect.
    This was what I got as well. I've seen this before over a year ago on another forum that had Tapatalk and their own app. Not much that can be done about it except for maybe a subforum name change.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-25-2012 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD