What is the deal

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously worried about this site, I come here, read a review of a blackberry device to stream sound that A: doesnt even have digital output (a requirement to most these days) B: only streams audio. When the apple tv which not only streams audio, has the worlds best netflix interface and can view all your digital media not just sound is available! Apple tv is $109 blackberry is $50 not saving very much to lose all that extra functionality I would pay the extra $50 just for the digital output and if you really cant afford the extra $50 you probably don't need to be buying any device to stream media!

Last edited:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually the Blackberry Music Gateway is not a lesser product and for its purpose is a very good product. It doesn't matter who makes an accessory if it does exactly what it is supposed to do well for an attractive price.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am seriously worried about this site, I come here, read a review of a blackberry device to stream sound that A: doesnt even have digital output (a requirement to most these days) B: only streams audio, at half the cost of the apple tv which not only streams audio, has the worlds best netflix interface and can view all your digital media not just sound! Why would an apple product forum be telling people to buy the competitions products when it clearly is a lesser product?

It's only a "lesser product" if you want something that streams video....

This is a viable option for anyone wanting audio only streaming.

iMore is more about helping folks get the best experience they can from their iDevices - and are not hung up that an accessory may carry a name that's not Apple on it - they only care about getting a need met, and will find stuff that does it.

Don't worry, be happy now...

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
With low quality analog audio only output yes it is a very inferior product and to anyone that cares about quality sound it is a complete waste, the apple tv at least streams your entire media collection not just audio and it has digital output on it.

Maybe I am biased as way back when having a home theatre was just starting to be popular I had a system with one of the first digital fibre optic links. I can not believe in todays digital age anyone could be happy with the performance of an analog only output for streaming high quality digital media. Whats next a blackberry cassette tape adapter?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With low quality analog audio only output yes it is a very inferior product and to anyone that cares about quality sound it is a complete waste, the apple tv at least streams your entire media collection not just audio and it has digital output on it.

Oh please. Just go spend the $$$ for a device that has the specs you want, and don't gripe that this doesn't please your haughty, nose in the air sophisticated needs and wants.

There are people out there that want the simplicity this offers, and they don't give a rodent's rump that there's not a digital, optical output on it.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh please. Just go spend the $$$ for a device that has the specs you want, and don't gripe that this doesn't please your haughty, nose in the air sophisticated needs and wants.

There are people out there that want the simplicity this offers, and they don't give a rodent's rump that there's not a digital, optical output on it.

So then the article should state that if you want a cheap, simple version of a way to stream your audio use this blackberry device, if you want a serious audiophile grade digital way thats barely more expensive go with apple tv for the extra $50 you get a lot more bang for the buck!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that anyone worthy of the title audiophile would consider either of these products. The gateway is aimed at adding bluetooth connectivity to a set of speakers using an aux cable or RCA inputs. For its purpose it works fine and will likely be used in cars or to stream music to pc speakers and will be more than adequate for those tasks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a general review...it was never focused towards audio-philes or people looking for a good audio/video outlet. It's a new product that they found relevant to review and show specs and pricing...

Are you really that butt hurt about it to warrant this whiney, pretentious approach to it? What about when car magazines review entry level market cars that don't do everything you need it to? Do you write the editor expressing your pure distaste for such a travesty?

Get over it man...go outside, get some air and a hug or something.

...and just to put it out there, the fact that you said "serious audiophile" and Apple TV in the same sentence is humorous. There is nothing serious in the audio or video department about the Apple TV...its limitations without an extensive unlock are almost laughable (and even jailbroken, the system is still limited on its features). There are things on the market for pure audio and A/V combo for less than the Apple TV that run circles around it. Western Digital's TV Live is one example...

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Its a general review...it was never focused towards audio-philes or people looking for a good audio/video outlet. It's a new product that they found relevant to review and show specs and pricing...

Are you really that butt hurt about it to warrant this whiney, pretentious approach to it? What about when car magazines review entry level market cars that don't do everything you need it to? Do you write the editor expressing your pure distaste for such a travesty?

Get over it man...go outside, get some air and a hug or something.

...and just to put it out there, the fact that you said "serious audiophile" and Apple TV in the same sentence is humorous. There is nothing serious in the audio or video department about the Apple TV...its limitations without an extensive unlock are almost laughable (and even jailbroken, the system is still limited on its features). There are things on the market for pure audio and A/V combo for less than the Apple TV that run circles around it. Western Digital's TV Live is one example...

Comparing these two exact products side by side your telling me you would prefer the analog output on the blackberry to the digital optic on the apple tv? The fact that the apple tv has a quality optical output makes it clearly and unarguably light years ahead of the pathetic 3.5 or 3.5 to RCA analog blackberry! I am saying for an apple based site to be saying the blackberry is a good unit when clearly the apple tv is better and hardly more expensive seems a bit wrong. If I wanted to read about and see rim cheerleaders I would go to crackberry not imore.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Comparing these two exact products side by side your telling me you would prefer the analog output on the blackberry to the digital optic on the apple tv? The fact that the apple tv has a quality optical output makes it clearly and unarguably light years ahead of the pathetic 3.5 or 3.5 to RCA analog blackberry! I am saying for an apple based site to be saying the blackberry is a good unit when clearly the apple tv is better and hardly more expensive seems a bit wrong. If I wanted to read about and see rim cheerleaders I would go to crackberry not imore.

Where on earth did you find anything in what i said that would hint at which one of them i PREFER? I don't prefer EITHER of them...and as i don't have a use for something that would only benefit me with audio, i would never buy the blackberry product...that said, this is a website about tech toys, and that is a new product that someone decided to do a review on. You've heard of these things called reviews right? Many websites make a living do such...CNet for example, I'm sure they did a review on the product too...does that imply that they prefer it over ANYTHING audio/video related?

Put down the pipe bud...the review said it was a good unit. I didn't read anything on there saying it was better than ANYTHING (much less the Apple TV). You're getting worked up over what is essentially a generic review of a new product, nothing more.

I see no RIMM cheerleaders anywhere around here...and let's be honest here, when talking about sub $100 products, a $50 difference is a 50% difference (in this case)...that's quite substantial sweetheart.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that anyone worthy of the title audiophile would consider either of these products. The gateway is aimed at adding bluetooth connectivity to a set of speakers using an aux cable or RCA inputs. For its purpose it works fine and will likely be used in cars or to stream music to pc speakers and will be more than adequate for those tasks.

The fact that the apple can stream more than 2 channel sound pretty much nails that it is a higher end device and will give a better listening experience, maybe not audiophile level to what some think but def closer than anything analog only. The blackberry device is lacking unless you only plan on using it to stream your old record player or 8 track...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The fact that the apple can stream more than 2 channel sound pretty much nails that it is a higher end device and will give a better listening experience, maybe not audiophile level to what some think but def closer than anything analog only. The blackberry device is lacking unless you only plan on using it to stream your old record player or 8 track...

You just nailed your own coffin referencing a record player as a substandard quality device...tsk tsk.

Of course the Apple is a higher end device, it also costs TWICE as much as this product does.

The Honda Civic EX is a great form of transportation and offers a lot of features for $20,000...the BMW 335i is an exceptionally better vehicle with features that the Civic can't even begin to compete with...and it's also twice as expensive.

Get my point?

3e5fae10-77e5-4302-91c5-a7f606bb1429.jpg

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

As I said in my first post, it does what it is designed to do at an attractive price. For someone who is looking for a portable solution for adding Bluetooth connectivity in a car or to a set of PC speakers (Apple TV cannot do this) it is an excellent product priced at $49.95. I you are looking for things to compare it to, other music gateways would be more appropriate than the Apple TV which is aimed at being part of a media center experience versus playing music in a car or through a simple set of speakers. You should also read the bottom line of the review as it sums up the devices use case nicely and possibly should read/re-read the actual review.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As I said in my first post, it does what it is designed to do at an attractive price. For someone who is looking for a portable solution for adding Bluetooth connectivity in a car or to a set of PC speakers (Apple TV cannot do this) it is an excellent product priced at $49.95. I you are looking for things to compare it to, other music gateways would be more appropriate than the Apple TV which is aimed at being part of a media center experience versus playing music in a car or through a simple set of speakers. You should also read the bottom line of the review as it sums up the devices use case nicely and possibly should read/re-read the actual review.

The fact that he really has no clue what he is talking about kind of defeats the idea that he would appropriately compare like product for like product.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is Turbo_lemon a new alias for motoleo? :D

You'd certainly think so based on this asinine complaint...

I apologize guys sorry for trying to compare anything and how dare I make a statement that on an apple based forum there should be more of an emphasis on what is available from them as a company! Even when there is a product that does the same thing but with higher quality and more features... I guess I am the only one that would prefer to stream my high quality mp3 and HD content in something other than 2 channel analog sound.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The Honda Civic EX is a great form of transportation and offers a lot of features for $20,000...the BMW 335i is an exceptionally better vehicle with features that the Civic can't even begin to compete with...and it's also twice as expensive.

Here is my EXACT point would you go into a bmw forum and spout of a review of a honda?? even though it is clearly the same type of machine and can get you to your job the same way, the honda is not a full featured device with all the bells and whistles, much like this blackberry music device it is a poor cheap version of what is already out on the market and available from the manufacturer this forum is focused on!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I apologize guys sorry for trying to compare anything and how dare I make a statement that on an apple based forum there should be more of an emphasis on what is available from them as a company! Even when there is a product that does the same thing but with higher quality and more features... I guess I am the only one that would prefer to stream my high quality mp3 and HD content in something other than 2 channel analog sound.

No...you're just the only person getting pretentiously upset about a simple review of a product that is relevant to the iPhone that is not in the same market as the Apple TV...it's ok though, you'll learn better eventually.

Guess what...my Denon 7.1 receiver can function similarly to this device, and it only cost about $1,200. Who'd buy this BB piece of crap when they could have that? Right? RIGHT?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is my EXACT point would you go into a bmw forum and spout of a review of a honda?? even though it is clearly the same type of machine and can get you to your job the same way, the honda is not a full featured device with all the bells and whistles, much like this blackberry music device it is a poor cheap version of what is already out on the market and available from the manufacturer this forum is focused on!

You have blinders on... this forum is not just about Apple it's MORE than that - hence the name "iMORE"... apparently that concept zooms way over your cranium.... :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR