Pre-season Football

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What's up, Sean? Why'd you have describe Vick as "glass-like"?...LMAO...That's messed up!

For the simple reason that he is...he's fragile now, no where near the power house he was before right out of college and in Atlanta when he could run the field and take a shot like that and get up laughing...the guy is soft now, and while he can run like the wind, and he can throw much more precisely now, his injuries are leaving him vulnerable.

I actually like Michael Vick in the way a person likes to watch horror movies...I'm not expecting much, but when it gets ugly, i get entertained in a morbid way.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not only did he get hurt, but he got taken off the field after a BRUTAL mid section hit...the kind of hit you can expect as a mobile QB that needs to realize that his days of running the field as he wants are over. Unfortunately, Michael Vick (while an incredible athlete), is not the QB the Eagles need to be relevant.

At least your receivers are trying this year... ;)

Smh. Eagles can't catch a break. I think the eagles are a relevant team though, but stay getting hurt.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the simple reason that he is...he's fragile now, no where near the power house he was before right out of college and in Atlanta when he could run the field and take a shot like that and get up laughing...the guy is soft now, and while he can run like the wind, and he can throw much more precisely now, his injuries are leaving him vulnerable.

I actually like Michael Vick in the way a person likes to watch horror movies...I'm not expecting much, but when it gets ugly, i get entertained in a morbid way.

I'm definitely in agreement with you. Your "glass-like" description simply caught me off-guard and made me laugh, that's all...:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Smh. Eagles can't catch a break. I think the eagles are a relevant team though, but stay getting hurt.

They would catch a lot more (breaks AND footballs) if they had signed a more common place QB instead of investing so much into what is essentially a Pro-Ball level Tebow.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
They would catch a lot more (breaks AND footballs) if they had signed a more common place QB instead of investing so much into what is essentially a Pro-Ball level Tebow.

I like Vick but He stay getting hurt to be really effective for the team. Lol at a pro ball level tebow though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's the truth...and you'll see Tebow rise to a level where everyone is like :eek::eek::eek: and then he'll get a legitimate injury, and he'll never be the same. That's the problem with mobile QB's and under-developed RB's, they are not built for the lashing they take, and while they can tolerate it for a while, their bodies become mush after a while...like you see here, where as a person like Michael Turner, Ray Rice or Arian Foster would shrug off a rib hit like that, Vick goes down and out...

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I hear you on the mobile quarterbacks. If vick stay healthy they will be a problem. At least those x rays came back negative. Who's your team Sean?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
images

giants+bigbluefriday-nygiants-giants-httpt-cozoat97rv-big-blue-friday-fan-photo-gallery_normal.jpg

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
lol M. Vick is a bust already

As much as I hate to admit this being an EAGLES fan and all, I think they missed out on getting a better QB last Spring and even this Summer. With Vic not being able to finish a game due to all these injuries, I don't know what more of a sign the head of the Eagles organization needs before they decide to more on.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
As much as I hate to admit this being an EAGLES fan and all, I think they missed out on getting a better QB last Spring and even this Summer. With Vic not being able to finish a game due to all these injuries, I don't know what more of a sign the head of the Eagles organization needs before they decide to more on.

I agree. They need to figure it out. They diagnosed Vick with a rib contusion

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree. They need to figure it out. They diagnosed Vick with a rib contusion

Yeah, and even though having a rib contusion is a very minor injury, how long before the next "bigger" injury comes along and knocks him out of a few more games? Just like Mcnabb, I think it's time to bid Vic a fine fair well and move on.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If things doesn't improve drastically, I can see this being Vick's last year as a starter in the NFL.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and even though having a rib contusion is a very minor injury, how long before the next "bigger" injury comes along and knocks him out of a few more games? Just like Mcnabb, I think it's time to bid Vic a fine fair well and move on.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

I know. They were showing a chart were he had all his injuries at on his body in his career on my local news station. Dude has had all kinda injuries.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Vick is going to be down off and on this season...and that is terrible news for a franchise that put all their eggs in the mighty Vick basket. They should have made a run for one of the QB's that was on the market over the last couple of years and left Vick alone...Vick would make someone an incredible back up Red-Zone QB, he would be an absolute STUD in that scenario, but as a starter, the Eagles are in trouble.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This year is going to be strange for me - my team is the Broncos. New/old quarterback and a whole different look.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen