Streaming service or local collection?

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the quotes dug up from an older interview with Steve Jobs showed that he didn't think much of subscription-based music services, and that people preferred to own their tunes. I personally don't agree, and love services like Slacker and Rdio, but how do you guys feel about it? I just don't like all of the managing required to keep sync up to date, buying bits of music, filing it away on my hard drive in the right place, making sure I have enough room for it all, etc. Streaming from a massive remote collection just seems infinitely easier.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently deleted all the data/songs in the Music app. I listen to Pandora on my iPhone so really don't need the extra from my iTunes imported or stored on my phone as well. Plus, I get more variety with Pandora.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Now that "last mile" bandwidth is no longer the bottleneck issue it once was, I'm finding my opinion on streaming starting to change.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I use both, I have accumulated a very nice music collection over the years of my favorite artists. I use Pandora to mix it up from time to time, and also to discover new artists and songs. My primary listening comes from my Music app though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2