Which platform did you leave behind for iOS?

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
So let's hear it.

Was the iPhone / iPad your first smartphone or tablet, or did you leave behind an old competitor to come join us?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I left Android to return to iOS. I can't even began to name all of the phones I've had since 1989...:)...but I was with Blackberry the longest.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i went from your basic feature cell phones, move to bb's in 2008(?)-ish, and Nov.2011 i leaped into an iPhone. During my bb years i did have an iPad when it was first released(2010), still use and love it, along with my 4S of course:D

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to my first smartphone (moto Q) in 2007. Then to BB around 2008. Android on 2009 and iOS with an iPhone 4 in 2011. I've dabbled in Android again with a Nexus, Razr and Fascinate in the past month and was toying with buying a Rezound yesterday but I opted not to because everything I deem a necessity just works on iOS

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I personally began with BlackBerry years ago, tried Windows Mobile, Palm, Android, have an iPhone 4 (skipped the 4S) and my next phone will be either the latest iPhone or a BlackBerry 10 device.

I can't part ways with the amazing messaging, but I do admit I am a sucker for some iOS apps.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My first smartphone was a windows phone, then went to the Moto Q and loved it. Then I moved to blackberry and moved through 4 different models before switching to iPhone. I have had every model of iPhone, then got interested in android and had Moto Attix, HTC Infuse, Samsung Captivate, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus and then landed on the Galaxy Note. All were sold on Craigslist and I ended up back on the iPhone 4S. While the android devices had their strengths (Google Services) I missed the simplicity of ios and most importantly how nice the apps are. Hmmm, I did also have a HTC Titan for a couple of weeks as well, love windows phone 7 in fact debating the Nokia Lumia 900 however app support for all the apps I use is a bit weak. I guess you could say I have a slight smart phone addiction.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use to switch devices whenever I got tired of a phone and got tired of switching softwares and ROMs (BlackBerry&Android). Now again I'm here with my iPhone 4S, this time I don't think I'll be going back. I've grown out of the hype.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Who says you have to leave something behind? I'm still a BlackBerry user with a BB Bold 9930, and a PlayBook. I also have owned MANY Android devices but currently just a Galaxy Tab Plus. And my current iOS device is an iPad 1, BUT I hope to move to an iPad 2 in June.