Lost and Found
    Strange events took place. I lost my I phone at work. I looked and looked for it. And when I brought it up on ICloud it showed the phone was 2 miles away. I checked it several times and it did not move. The find my phone app showed that the phone was laying along side the road. After a few hours it never moved and I was wondering how it would of got there unless it was stolen. I searched the area I was working at several times. After awhile I left work and went to the wooded area and looked for an hour and found nothing. I had a friend look for about an hour and he found nothing. At this time I remote wiped the phone and order another Iphone. As I was taking my old Go phone to get a sim card in so I would have a phone until I got the new Iphone at this time I got a phone call saying They found my Phone. It was in a machine spinning around all day.
    When I went back to work to retrive it I turned it on and it worked but showed that it was 2 miles from my location the same as before. And I found it was not wiped either even though I had a email saying it was. I will have to call Apple about that. The Iphone works the case is not in the best shape but then thats why I bought a Otterbox the best. The Iphone itself is in prefect shape. Life Goes On.
    02-17-2012 07:38 AM
    I wonder if because the last time it 'connected' with GPS, it was two miles from its current location. But, because it was in a building (when you arrived at your destination), GPS couldn't truly read the location of it, and thus couldn't wipe it either...
    02-17-2012 07:59 AM
    ^^ that seems like a logical answer as well. I've had the "last known GPS" location come up on my phone once before when I opened the Maps app to find that the location was at the last GPS 'ping' location.

Glad you found the phone though. Will be interesting to see if the Wipe notification eventually gets transmitted to the phone once it has found a signal...
    02-17-2012 12:54 PM
    It never did. Every thing is still there. Glad in Away
    02-20-2012 10:23 AM
    when I am at work my location is not accurate probably due to the type of building I work in.
    02-22-2012 07:36 AM
    when I am at work my location is not accurate probably due to the type of building I work in.
    I work in a hospital. My office is a cave inside a cave. I have crappy reception at work and the GPS in the apps I use don't work half the time but if I step outside of my office and into the skywalk, they work. Within a span of < 30 feet, I lose my GPS and signal. Strange how technology works.

Now at home, my GPS is down to the foot. I can be on the north side of my house (kitchen) and my GPS shows it if I zoom in enough. If I move to the south side of my house (bedroom), my GPS shows me on the opposite side of my house. Kinda neat.
    02-23-2012 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD