Have we drunk too much Kool-Aid?

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Yah. Some of the front page articles are more koolaid heavy than the forums. But that's ok, it is a fan website. But if we were totally koolaid drunk and thought that everything apple gave us was perfects, I don't think us on team jailbreak would even jailbreak to get more functionality. Heck, that's why there's an app store too, to extend the functionality of what these devices can do, even for team pure. On the other hand, I'm not really surprised when my friends android phones bug out on them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm getting a little sick of all the kool-aid drinkers. Especially with some of the staff of iMore hopping on the bandwagon. I've called them out in a couple of their blog posts and my comments get deleted and now I'm apparently blocked from leaving comments all together. I feel that I followed their disclaimer to the T.

Note: Comments must be civil, respectful, and on-topic. If a comment does not add to the conversation, if it contains spam advertising, or inappropriate language or content, it will be removed. Comments containing links may be held for moderation. Relax, enjoy, and share in the discussion.

I was civil, respectful, and on-topi, etc, etc. All I did was express my disapointment with the direction that iMore is going with their fanboism.

Like I said in my comment on one of the Samsung dissing blogs posts, I don't come here to read about Android. I come here to read about iDevices. If I want to read about Android, then I'll click the conveniently located link to Android Central.

Have you left feedback here? http://forums.imore.com/imore-feedback/ I don't moderate the blogs. Only the forums so I can't view the moderation activity of the blogs to see what you said. If you feel like you did nothing wrong, speak up and hopefully a admin can clarify.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If your response is for CrzyP, I must be missing something because, after reading his/her post, I didn't find anything wrong with it. He/she stated that he/she was tired of the kool-aid drinkers and then gave a brief example of how he was temporarily prevented from posting after respectfully stating an opinion in regard to the direction in which imore was heading. Your reply, *if* it is regarding CrzyP's comments, appear to be of disbelief and you're demanding proof. In my opinion, he/she didn't state anything so grand to where proof is needed, but that's just me. I'm not flaming you or anything. At least that's not my intent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right and as we all know this forum is pretty lenient when it comes to things of that nature - there is the occasional troll or spam but that's it - which is why I found it hard to believe that it CrzyP did nothing wrong and got banned/blocked etc - the inky proof I was asking for was an example or two or why he was... Based on my experiences here over the last two years

Why when in doubt - ok - you say it happened now let's see it .... In this case a copy if what he said to deserve such an action and if I'm wrong I'll say I'm wrong :D

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Is this the court of law? Goodness! I can't provide you "proof" because my my ONE comment was deleted. However, it seems there are people having the same issue in a similar type blog post.

http://www.imore.com/2012/02/09/amazon-joins-trend-knocking-apple-latest-kindle-commercial/#comments

Now IMO, some of those comments are over the top. There is one commenter who thought it was a good idea bring the female anatomy in the equation. My comment was never the caliber of those in that blog. Check it out before their comments get deleted. Cheers!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
From what I read over the blog there were more troll(s) than anything of course but I don't see anything real over the top but that's just my 2? lol

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not even the little Apple sub forum they have going. No thanks I'll pass. Also, you will not find me bashing any other platforms or saying that iOS is the best either. Is it the best for me? :)Yes. For someone else, it may not be.

Even on the Apple subforum there, you still get your posts deleted if you even hint at favoritism towards iOS. I've had a number of mine deleted when I clearly did nothing wrong except state I had an iPhone plus a BB which is now just being used as a mass storage device.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Even on the Apple subforum there, you still get your posts deleted if you even hint at favoritism towards iOS. I've had a number of mine deleted when I clearly did nothing wrong except state I had an iPhone plus a BB which is now just being used as a mass storage device.

*smh* that's just wrong to have your posts deleted like that. It's just total BS--that is why I will not go back there and post anymore. because your not brainwashed by bb, you get snubbed.
Eff that noise !!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

*smh* that's just wrong to have your posts deleted like that. It's just total BS--that is why I will not go back there and post anymore. because your not brainwashed by bb, you get snubbed.
Eff that noise !!

I usually go just to get a laugh out of it anymore ... Maybe throw out a true fact or two but mostly for amusement now, the brainwashing over there is quite ridiculous ... It was why I decided to start this thread lol I wanted to see if we we're and while we love our devices immensely ... We aren't brainwashed yet :p lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I usually go just to get a laugh out of it anymore ... Maybe throw out a true fact or two but mostly for amusement now, the brainwashing over there is quite ridiculous ... It was why I decided to start this thread lol I wanted to see if we we're and while we love our devices immensely ... We aren't brainwashed yet :p lol

Yea, I agree that we aren't. Being neutral and just expressing what device currently gives us what we need out of a phone at this point in time--there's nothing wrong in that. AND how many threads have we seen there comparing how bb is better than an iPhone or android :rolleyes:

Time and time again, il keep saying the same thing--it all depends on what you the user want/need out of your device. One is not better than another--it just works better for what you need !! I wish I could drill that into some peoples heads for god sakes !!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

And yet we're the sheeple. :rolleyes:

Yea, I agree that we aren't. Being neutral and just expressing what device currently gives us what we need out of a phone at this point in time--there's nothing wrong in that. AND how many threads have we seen there comparing how bb is better than an iPhone or android :rolleyes:

Time and time again, il keep saying the same thing--it all depends on what you the user want/need out of your device. One is not better than another--it just works better for what you need !! I wish I could drill that into some peoples heads for god sakes !!

I loved my BB for a number of years. Drug my feet kicking and screaming into the smartphone world about four years ago. I was content with my i830 and only being able to make and get calls. Didn't need one. Got my first BB and loved it. Then I fell out of love with it when I kept having Curves that would break and fall apart. Went through 5 in < 3 weeks, not to mention the freezing, the battery pulls, the lagging and the lack of apps and support. Enough was enough. When the BB no longer fit my needs, I moved on.

One thing I can say for all of us iOS users here, I don't see the negativity or the hostility here that I see there. We all get along happily, offering advice and support when and where we can. If one of us decides to jump ship and go Android or WinMo, the hostility isn't there and that makes iMore a much more pleasant place to be. Plus the mods don't go around needlessly deleting posts because one of us has a differing opinion and doesn't have a shrine built for Steve Jobs in our living rooms. :D

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
And yet we're the sheeple. :rolleyes:

I loved my BB for a number of years. Drug my feet kicking and screaming into the smartphone world about four years ago. I was content with my i830 and only being able to make and get calls. Didn't need one. Got my first BB and loved it. Then I fell out of love with it when I kept having Curves that would break and fall apart. Went through 5 in < 3 weeks, not to mention the freezing, the battery pulls, the lagging and the lack of apps and support. Enough was enough. When the BB no longer fit my needs, I moved on.

One thing I can say for all of us iOS users here, I don't see the negativity or the hostility here that I see there. We all get along happily, offering advice and support when and where we can. If one of us decides to jump ship and go Android or WinMo, the hostility isn't there and that makes iMore a much more pleasant place to be. Plus the mods don't go around needlessly deleting posts because one of us has a differing opinion and doesn't have a shrine built for Steve Jobs in our living rooms. :D
I couldn't agree more with you here, very well said Laura !! :)

With all the bb's I've had, it was the S2 that I had thee most problems with, then until I had my 9650 on OS5 it ran well-it was when I decided to go to OS6 the mem leaks and batt pulls became tedious, which pushed me away from bb to the iPhone, along with the fact that I've always wanted an iPhone, so that just helped it along lol.

Last edited:

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am a huge android fan. I am now using an iPhone. It works for almost everything I need it to do at the moment. I am not complete off of Android. I like the OS and the customization options. Just as i enjoy something's about IOS. I don't see the need to bash any product or Eco system. Most people that bash one or the other haven't even tried it yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73