What can we really do?

Do you support SOPA?

• Yes, piracy is theft and needs to be stopped

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Recently, amid all the backlash companies have been facing for supporting SOPA, the Stop Online Piracy Act, I began to wonder. AT&T was one of the companies that had initially supported the act, but later withdrew support once public outcry became loud enough. Although I have Verizon as my provider, it made me aware that, regardless of your provider, if they decide to support something you are fundamentally against, you have no recourse. My money could be going toward something that I firmly believe against. If I decide to boycott them, they are entitles to even more of my money. My family plan has 4 smartphones on it which could easily translate to over $1000.00 in fresh funds for them to use to support whatever asinine legislation they choose. These contracts need a morality clause! If I think any company I am in contract with is using my money to support anything I find immoral (post signing the contract) that I should be able to withdraw without penalty.

Do you support SOPA?

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think piracy is wrong but I don't know that SOPA is the answer. Does the government really need to get involved? Can't copyright owners already issue a cease and disist (sp?) if someone is stealing their content? I don't know that it should be the governments job (and expense) to protect your copyrights. That should be the copyright holders job.

I totally agree with you though. There should be a morality clause in a contract. Why should I be forced to give my money to someone who spends it in ways I feel are inmoral or offensive. I don't see that ever happening though. Too many people will use it as an escape clause.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner